Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let Me Get This Right...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol right on Joshua. Almost every single regular on Smallville is, or has been, "super" in some way during the course of the series.

Clark is made to look dumb/inferior to people like Chloe (who he always runs to for everything), and to Kara, who can fly with ease while the future "Superman" either still can't or is just (still) afraid to even try. Even though he's invulnerable and fear shouldn't be an issue at all.

And while Martha is not on your list, you could say she's a little super herself, being a senator and all after years of being a farmer's wife. And Lois has "super reporter's instinct", if you will, and "army brat" fighting skills. So I think we can go ahead and add everybody to the list. heh

Even the "norms" are far from the norm in Smallville's fantasy world. This is in stark contrast to the movies, where Superman is unique and truly special/different, set apart and above everyone else. It's a shame Smallville couldn't have tried to be more of a prequel to the movies instead of a Saturday morning cartoon.
    Last edited by Xanderman; 04-26-2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
      As I watch this episode let me see if I got the situation correct:
      1. Lana was a witch and then became a cyber-spy after her failed marriage to Lex
      2. Chloe is a latent meteor freak
      3. Pete became stretchy for an episode.
      4. Lionel was the emissary for Jor-El and connected to a secret society group whom knew of the "Traveler's" coming
      5. Lex was possessed by Zod and gained Kryptonian powers
      6. Jonathan Kent became empowered by Jor-El to stop Clark in his red K phase
      7. And now, Jimmy Olsen is recruited by a federal agent to be a spy and he is pulling it off without a hitch. No reason for him to be able to but he is doing so.

I have one question about this show: Is there anyone in Smallville/Metropolis who is just a normal person that Clark is associated with? The writers need to stop making the supporting characters more than what they are supposed to be.

I could not agree more! All these irrelevant story plots instead of focusing on the main character. Clark was hardly in this episode and the show is about him becoming superman afterall.

Jimmy olsen is not a ninja damnit

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanewatson
        Voldemort?
        Hehe

Comment

As I watch this episode let me see if I got the situation correct:
          1. Lana was a witch and then became a cyber-spy after her failed marriage to Lex
          2. Chloe is a latent meteor freak
          3. Pete became stretchy for an episode.
          4. Lionel was the emissary for Jor-El and connected to a secret society group whom knew of the "Traveler's" coming
          5. Lex was possessed by Zod and gained Kryptonian powers
          6. Jonathan Kent became empowered by Jor-El to stop Clark in his red K phase
          7. And now, Jimmy Olsen is recruited by a federal agent to be a spy and he is pulling it off without a hitch. No reason for him to be able to but he is doing so.

I have one question about this show: Is there anyone in Smallville/Metropolis who is just a normal person that Clark is associated with? The writers need to stop making the supporting characters more than what they are supposed to be.
          Hey it is Smallville after all and I do recall that in the Louis & Clark show sometimes Clark's powers would rub off on someone at one time even Louis got his powers for one episode, so maiin characters obtaining powers and so on etc is not without precedent...

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
            Hey it is Smallville after all and I do recall that in the Louis & Clark show sometimes Clark's powers would rub off on someone at one time even Louis got his powers for one episode, so maiin characters obtaining powers and so on etc is not without precedent...
            You mean Lois & Clark, right? Because Louis is a guy's name, heh. Anyway, L&C was really just a campy take on Superman for the most part, it never handled anything totally seriously (not usually anyway). The villains were almost always a total joke, for example, like they were making fun of B movie villains or old tv shows or something. Smallville on the other hand has (or tries to have) a more serious/realistic tone (mostly), thus making it quite deserving of the kinds of criticisms like Jaded Wolf has given us here.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 04-27-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Lois Was A Witch For One Episode Too!

Comment

^oh yeah, good call, lol.

And Martha was possessed by that crazy high school chick for a time in one episode too, so something freaky happened with her as well (other than being a farmer's wife turned state senator that is, heh).

So everybody's definitely had "their freak on" in some way or another on Smallville at some point. lol
                Last edited by Xanderman; 04-27-2008, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                  ^oh yeah, good call, lol.

And Martha was possessed by that crazy high school chick for a time in one episode too, so something freaky happened with her as well (other than being a farmer's wife turned state senator that is, heh).

So everybody's definitely had "their freak on" in some way or another on Smallville at some point. lol
                  But that episode was one of the best and the funniest. Martha as that highschool girl was priceless, and Clark, "the crown is mine bi..tch"

I also liked Nicodemus where everyone acted nuts. But this NoClarkVille stuff is just more than I can take.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                    But that episode was one of the best and the funniest. Martha as that highschool girl was priceless, and Clark, "the crown is mine bi..tch"

I also liked Nicodemus where everyone acted nuts. But this NoClarkVille stuff is just more than I can take.
                    Again a world without Superman is not without precedent either in the 90's L&C show and in the comics themselves. And yes Martha being possesed by that High School girl a few seasons back was pretty darn hillarous I bet it took a couple of takes to finally do it without everybody bursting into laughter watching Annette O'Toole getting into that particular character! I almost fell of the chair laughing myself when I saw it!

Comment

Pretty much everyone around Clark has been not normal, even his teachers, coaches, and high school principal. The only two people somehow involved in Clark's life that are normal are Whitney Fordman and Aunt Nell. They did things and had things happen to them the same as everyday, normal people. We all know what happened to them. Whitney is dead and Aunt Nell is pretty much forgotten. Thus, normalcy=death. By that notion, the population of Smallville is dwindling because as posited, there is no one normal left in Smallville. What happens when Clark goes to Metropolis and normalcy ceases to exist there? Will this absence of normalcy spread throughout the globe like a virus? Tune in next week to find out on the next Smallville.
                      Last edited by TheLightOfKrypton; 04-27-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

^^ Yeah...damn, even Shelby was a super-dog! Where the hell is Shelby?

Comment

Well...I mean, come on people. What did we expect? The show is about an alien with a hero complex. Logic isn't really on the menu if you're a smallville fan.

Comment

Logic isn't on the menu? No kidding. Fiction is fiction but at what cost do you continue writing horrible fiction that does not make sense? Fiction should still make sense and have somewhat plausible possibilities.

Take the concept of magic for instance. Magic takes suspension of belief for the different things it can do. However, if magic was constantly used on the basis that it can solve all problems, erase all mistakes, and be used to increase the wealth of a character then it becomes stupid. It also becomes redundant, boring, and adds no depth to the character or the story.

So when the supporting characters of Superman began having powers all the time then what's the point of having Superman. This show doesn't make anything about Clark "super". It makes him a continual idiot (to put it bluntly). Whatever happened to the regular farmers who found Kal-El in the fields? They became senators. At first I thought this would be a good plot device until Jonathan died. The story should have ended there with it. Instead they just gave the seat to Martha (like that is actually how the US Government works). This was used as an useless ploy to get the Martha character off the show.

Martha is not my real problem with the show's "super-powering" everyone. My problem is that instead of being supporting characters, most of Clark's friends are being the powered ones who just point their big, strong dog in the direction they want after figuring everything out for him. That is just dumb.

So fiction aside, LOGIC dictates that the writing is ultimately flawed, everyone is "super" except for the one who will become Superman, and it's insulting to the fans.

Comment

just a friendly reminder to everyone who posts.

14) Flamewars and insults are strictly prohibited. This board is for the discussion of anything about the shows we cover, whether it is positive or negative. Everyone has a right to their opinions, so please do not flame or insult any user, even if you disagree with their point of view.

Comment

I have one question about this show: Is there anyone in Smallville/Metropolis who is just a normal person that Clark is associated with?
                                Hmmmmm.......right off the bat I went completely blank, until I read these two posts....

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
                                there is always Lois :P
                                Originally posted by Minela
                                Lois is the only "normal" person left on the show.
                                AND I find myself agreeing!!!!!! In general, I do not talk about Lois' character on SV because of the age old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all." Well, I find it easier to just ignore her.

But I gotta say that the most refreshing thing about Lois is that she is just Lois. Nothing crazy "supernatural/superhuman" about her. Annoying, pigheaded, macho chick that she is, but completely normal. And I realize now that I really do appreciate that about her in a show infested with irregularities. This was somewhat like an epiphany for me, because now I'm actually kind of endeared towards her. Now that you guys actually specifically pinpointed it out, I LOVE the fact that she is just a normal gal. Wow, I really have something I like about Lois! *horrified*

Dang it......I just need to leave this thread and hopefully the new soft spot I have for her will go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎