Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode time-delayed on WGN-TV channel 9 in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, wait for it...wait for it...YESSSSSS!!! The Sox are taking the field and starting the game. Maybe "Sleeper" won't be on at midnight, afterall!!

Comment

^thank goodness! hopefully they will be done b4 1030, i really want to see smallville

and srfrgrl, i like the way how u defend the sox but wouldnt it be awesome if cubs and sox played against each other in the world series, i mean theyre both in 1st place. one can dream...

Comment

ARGGGGG top of the 7th and it's 10:46 EST....GRRR
        I hope it IS still on sometime later.

Comment

11:05 CST and it's the top of the 8th with a tie game.

Comment

I'm just glad this didn't happen during Descent. I would have been seriously pissed. I don't mind missing out on this one. If this happens for Apocolypse, though, I'm gonna be unhappy.

Comment

tell be about it.....its on now darn white soxs

Comment

Just thought you might be interested in the e-mail I sent to WGN about this. I did get a response and I'll post it under seperate cover.

-Message Begins-

I'm really not happy about the preempting of Smallville last night (24 April 2008) for the ball game. I stayed up until 10:30 (because I knew I'd be screwed if I just set my VCR and went to sleep), but at 11:15, I couldn't stay up anymore. So I missed the show, just because I am unfortunate enough to be at the mercy of WGN.

It's bad enough that the show was preempted. Anybody who has their VCR set based on TV Guide was screwed because they recorded the regularly scheduled time. Anybody who set their TiVo recorded from 10:30 to 11:30, because, if you tuned in at that time, the cable display said that Smallville was showing, despite the fact that it clearly wasn't. So the only way to see Smallville in Chicago was to stay up all night?? Look, if I wanted to see a local game I'd by a ticket!!

Frankly, I don't know why I'm bothering, other than it makes me fell better to get it off my chest and vent. I sent a similar complaint to WGN about ten years ago and was, basically, insulted for my efforts. When Star Trek: DS9 was in its initial run, WGN was the local channel carrying it, but I missed about half the shows because of ball games, and I don't believe that is an exaggeration. I was tired of hearing, "Catch Deep Space 9 at a special time..." A special time would have been the regularly scheduled time! That would have been real special.
                However, in response to my complaint ten years ago, I was told that my opinion wasn't important to WGN. WGN's first priority is to the sports fans because, presumably, that is where the money is.

Well, you know what? That's just fine. Frankly, I don't need WGN to see my programs. These days, I can go to the network site and watch the shows in my own time with very few commercial interruptions. I can also purchase the show when it is released on DVD. More and more, viewers like me are turning of network channels because now we have much better choices. When the sponsors start realizing this, we'll see how WGN feels about viewers like me.

If you're still reading, I applaud you. Thank you for your time.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Here was the response:

Frankly, I'm stunned that someone here would have actually told you that your opinion didn't matter.

Unfortunately, we didn't have any options last night because of the rain delay. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for writing.

George
                Last edited by RFlatstone; 05-01-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎