Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this mean Jonathan's warning in Void was meaningless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this mean Jonathan's warning in Void was meaningless?

Now that Lionel is dead and he did not do anything to hurt Clark to warrant Jonathan's "protection" as Jonathan's spirit put it when he spoke to Clark in Void, it means that Jonathan was totally wrong. Lionel did not betray Clark. He did put him in the cage, but that was supposedly for his own protection (another plothole that will never likely be explained).

I wouldn't say it was completely pointless. For all we know, Lionel could've been lying to say that it was for Clark's protection. He never did betray him, but at times, I honestly thought he would. But hey that could be a lil surprise.

Comment

he was warning that he knew the secret that he had to be watched...i think that was the main point of that

Comment

But he also said he died protecting Clark. How could he be protecting Clark if Lionel wasn't a real threat as we have finally seen? If he knew Clark's future as Superman, he should have known Lionel's future as one who won't betray Clark.

Comment

yeah...well the writers probably hadn't planned on knockin lionel off in like 48 episodes i guess haha...you raise a valid point..but johnathan's judgement as far as the luthors go wasn't always objective i think the fact that he had to do with his death...(whether lionel was being manipulative or not , which is something i still speculate bc he says he was trying to reason with him)....but thats just my thoughts....

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            Now that Lionel is dead and he did not do anything to hurt Clark to warrant Jonathan's "protection" as Jonathan's spirit put it when he spoke to Clark in Void, it means that Jonathan was totally wrong. Lionel did not betray Clark. He did put him in the cage, but that was supposedly for his own protection
            yeah you're right. I guess the writers wanted to keep us curious, but actually I think that's a little bit of a letdown.

(another plothole that will never likely be explained).
            I hate that. I was always waiting for an explanation for this weird cage plot. They should have let Lionel explain it and not only by saying "I was trying to protect you". That's so not logical.

Now we can say, the purpose for keeping Clark in that cage was only to destroy Clarks trust in Lionel, if there was any, of course. IMO, Clark never trusted Lionel 100%.

But anywho, they wanted Clark not trusting in Lionel in "Veritas", so they put him in that cage in "Traveler". And then in "Descent" Clark had one more reason to beat himself up for not having listened to Lionel or even worse, for not accepting the key, which Lionel wanted to give him in the Isis office. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I hate that......Clark is a walking talking pile of blame........how depressing is that?!

Comment

Well, remember that whatever device is in zurich can control clark, so my guess is, that lionel put clark there, so that he wouldn't be subject to anyones control, and if they did get a hold of the device, he couldn't get out. It makes sooo much sense!

Comment

well in traveler lionel begged chloe to help him because of some great danger.
                so we don't have all facts yet to determine if Jonathan's warning in Void was meaningless?

Comment

Hi Everybody!Ok...Honestly I don't think Lionel's actually dead myself,and I don't know if anyone has posted this theory or not yet(I don't make it here very often to keep up),but living here in the mid-states(Nebraska to be more specific-A subdivision of the phantom zone in the isolated rural town where I live)I haven't been able to keep up a lot on season 7.I have purchased seasons 4 thru 6 tho' of Smallville on DVD.I refer to Lana's apparent demise in the cliff-hanger at the end of season 6.What I have seen of season 7 in regards to her miraculous return (and please correct me if I'm wrong)she discovered some type of cloning operation Lex was involved with that I think made reference to her pregnancy from season 6 and what all that was really about.I believe (maybe) Lex had another unwitting dupe fertilize the cloned embryo (taken from DNA he could easily have obtained being in constant proximity to Lionel -God I sound like such a geek.),thus bringing it to maturity by whatever means this process uses.AND then at some point swapping out the real Lionel with the carbon copy which then sets the stage for Lionel's alleged death.Meanwhile,Lex has the real Lionel kept secure under lock and key somewhere in another country.All tying in eventually with what ever future story line may be pending.Like I said tho'...Who knows.So long everybody.

Comment

I don't know. Lex looked pretty guilty for killing his father. If the dead Lionel was a carbon copy [clone], then I don't think Lex would have been so mental after the deed.

Comment

But he also said he died protecting Clark. How could he be protecting Clark if Lionel wasn't a real threat as we have finally seen? If he knew Clark's future as Superman, he should have known Lionel's future as one who won't betray Clark.
                      But he did BETRAY Clark by putting him in a Kryptonite Cage. Lionel almost got Clark killled. Jonathan had every reason to warn Clark about Lionel, because Lionel's methods are always wrong regardless of his intent.

Comment

even as a spirit, i don't think Jonathon would have known the future. no one's path is completely determined. it's possible that his warning was simply 'i don't trust him, you shouldn't either' just based on educated experiance of the man, and the fact that he had died after an arguement with him.

Originally posted by erikamichelle614
                        Well, remember that whatever device is in zurich can control clark, so my guess is, that lionel put clark there, so that he wouldn't be subject to anyones control, and if they did get a hold of the device, he couldn't get out. It makes sooo much sense!
                        it made no sense to me. but i think that's the point. any logical person would have just told Clark what was going on and not been so god damn controlling. but Lionel doesn't think like that. even in his best state, he still thinks he should be the one to control people in order to makes things go his way.

then again maybe he just thought Clark was too much of a BDA to take care of himself... which i get

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                          But he did BETRAY Clark by putting him in a Kryptonite Cage. Lionel almost got Clark killled. Jonathan had every reason to warn Clark about Lionel, because Lionel's methods are always wrong regardless of his intent.
                          Lionel did betray, but I don't think that Kyrptonite cage is the worst of the betrayal. Lionel knew about what ever is in the box at Zurich. He knew it was a serious threat to Clark. He had one key, and he had to know that Patty had the other one. Patty Swann was NOT a threat to Clark and would have done anything to protect him. Lionel, by not eliminating the item in that box, orchestrated to biggest betrayal of all. Lionel should have worked with Patty to dispose of the threat once and for all. He did not.

Comment

I agree Dor el. Why not just destroy the keys altogether? Even the destruction of one key (Lionel's) would have been enough to help Clark. It's almost like they didn't want to destroy it just in case kind of thing. What if we need it someday. What if Clark goes nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by lazrview
                              Hi Everybody!Ok...Honestly I don't think Lionel's actually dead myself,and I don't know if anyone has posted this theory or not yet(I don't make it here very often to keep up),but living here in the mid-states(Nebraska to be more specific-A subdivision of the phantom zone in the isolated rural town where I live)I haven't been able to keep up a lot on season 7.I have purchased seasons 4 thru 6 tho' of Smallville on DVD.I refer to Lana's apparent demise in the cliff-hanger at the end of season 6.What I have seen of season 7 in regards to her miraculous return (and please correct me if I'm wrong)she discovered some type of cloning operation Lex was involved with that I think made reference to her pregnancy from season 6 and what all that was really about.I believe (maybe) Lex had another unwitting dupe fertilize the cloned embryo (taken from DNA he could easily have obtained being in constant proximity to Lionel -God I sound like such a geek.),thus bringing it to maturity by whatever means this process uses.AND then at some point swapping out the real Lionel with the carbon copy which then sets the stage for Lionel's alleged death.Meanwhile,Lex has the real Lionel kept secure under lock and key somewhere in another country.All tying in eventually with what ever future story line may be pending.Like I said tho'...Who knows.So long everybody.

thats a pretty good imagination.....but i think he's dead ...the writers have to know by now we're sick of fake deaths and we need a real tragic event not a bunch of mindwiping fake clone crap.....if he is alive i'm actually going to be pissed

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎