Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Descent is the best episode ever?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Not even close. They could have done a much better job. I still say that Lex should have killed Lionel for a reason other than Veritas. Something should have happened where Lionel sided with Clark over Lex one final time where it was the final straw for Lex.

I think they could have waited until Lex finds whatever there is to find that leads him to the Arctic as seen in the preview. Then Lionel would be the one to stop him from once again getting what he was about to get and Lex would kill him at that point. So they could have made Lex's reasons for killing Lionel be Veritas-related as I just explained, but put it off until later on in the season or early next season in one of MR's final appearances as Lex.
    Lex killed Lionel because of his obsession to find out the truth. I don't think he would have been able to get there if Lionel was still alive.

I like that he killed him over obsession, not lack of love. It's just a little creepier and darker and more menacing.

Comment

i personally found other moments between Lex and Lionel much more climactic and poigniant than him pushing him out of a window... it just didnt seem like Lex's style... it's wasn't subtle enough... i mean they added that line about being in his shadow, but it just fell flat for me

Lex putting Lionel in Jail, to live out his last few months of disease in agony and misery... that was vengenace

Lex looking in on Lionel in a padded cell in belle reve, a total reverse of the scene in shattered... that was beautiful poetic justice

Lex pushing Lionel out of a window because he wouldn't tell him about veritas... well that just made no sense. surely torture it out of him first? or use some kind of luthorcorp truth serum to get the truth even though it ended up killing him? anything more imagintive than 'waaa you won't tell me, fine your dead'

sorry, i loved the episode first time i saw it, but on reflection it was kinda limp

Comment

We are halfway thru season 9 as I'm typing this. Descent is still the best episode ever! For a season that many thought as the worst(not me), it sure has the best episode of the series.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎