Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
    ouch, now i gotta bash on you. season 7 in my opinion is far the best because of continuity and mythology

That maybe but that doesn't mean the writing, directing and acting has been good. I am not going to argue about it. IMO its been a awful year and the ratings prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackdaddy
      IMO its been a awful year and the ratings prove it.
      Gotta agree w/ ya Ben, PLUS why else would the "dynamic" pair(AL/Millar) walk away from their baby ? I seriously believe they weren't given a choice. ECSPECIALLY if their story boards for S8, did NOT impress, the HIGHER ups.

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
        Gotta agree w/ ya Ben, PLUS why else would the "dynamic" pair(AL/Millar) walk away from their baby ? I seriously believe they weren't given a choice. ECSPECIALLY if their story boards for S8, did NOT impress, the HIGHER ups.

Wow, we agree Jasmine!?!?! I am scared to death to think about season 8 I guess all we can do is wait and see

Comment

well, if you look at the first half of season, it was good rating, but after going break which is not a good idea, the rating drop and the strike had a part on that. season 6 were not bad, just after combat aired, the rating dropped because of the break, so the break is the answer why it is doing bad in rating

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
            well, if you look at the first half of season, it was good rating, but after going break which is not a good idea, the rating drop and the strike had a part on that. season 6 were not bad, just after combat aired, the rating dropped because of the break, so the break is the answer why it is doing bad in rating

Is it just this show or is it every show, cause SV is NOT the only one with a mid-season break. Listen, I want the show to do well but its just hard to watch sometime

P.S. atleast you live in Chicago

Comment

Ratings don't necessarily imply quality (case in point, reality TV), but drops in ratings tend to go with lack of quality. SV hasn't had good ratings in years -- and for good reason. To say Season 6 ratings were not bad (which they were, in relation to other shows and SV's past seasons) isn't saying much, since the season wasn't any good.

MD's preaching -- all shows (sans midseason shows and, again, reality (I don't watch em, so I'm not sure)) have hiatuses/breaks.

Comment

Is it just this show or is it every show, cause SV is NOT the only one with a mid-season break. Listen, I want the show to do well but its just hard to watch sometime

P.S. atleast you live in Chicago
                haha, yeah its nice living in chicago, btw do you watch smallville on the cw-wgn? i was watching descent and it was full screen instead of widescreen and everything looked bloated, what i mean by that is that some things are cut off becasue theyre too big.

Comment

That maybe but that doesn't mean the writing, directing and acting has been good. I am not going to argue about it. IMO its been a awful year and the ratings prove it.
                  As for ratings if you care about them so much then how can season 7 be the worse? It's season average ratings are higher than season 6! So that's improvement!

It doesn't help but this whole season has been awful. I talk to a lot of people on this board and most agree, this season is not vey good. I am talking about everything, from writing, directing to even acting. Its been painful to watch some of this crap! I will say 'Descent' was probably the best episode this year. I miss the way the show back in season 5 but what can you do
                  How can you say Descent is the only good episode this year? Have you not watched Bizarro, Gemini and Traveler? Those episodes are on the same level IMO.

Originally posted by jazel
                  You don't look up on your facts do you? AlMiles left because of $ issues not because they didn't believe in their own show, and here's the proof.

Question: We need scoop on why Al Gough and Miles Millar left Smallville! This is a complete shock. I know you can get us answers!— Jesse
                  Ausiello: Everyone I spoke to about this — and that includes sources at the CW, Warner Bros. and the show itself — tell me two key issues played a role in their departure: money and movies. Warner Bros. apparently wasn't offering enough of the former, and their Smallville duties weren't affording them enough time to do the latter. Now, these same sources stressed that the duo's exit should not be likened to the seismic event that was Team Palladino's exodus from Gilmore Girls two years ago. Whereas Amy and Dan pretty much wrote and/or directed every episode of GG right up to the day they packed up and left, Al and Miles have been relatively hands-off in recent years, leaving much of the work to Darren Swimmer, Todd Slavkin, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson. And since the four of them will now be running the show together, the transition will be a seamless one.

TV.com has the ratings of each episode of Smallville season 7 and IMO they're good. The people have spoken, like them or hate them.

Bizarro - 9/5/10
                  Kara - 9.3/10
                  Fierce - 8.9/10
                  Cure - 9.3/10
                  Action - 9.3/10
                  Lara - 9.4/10
                  Wrath - 9.2/10
                  Blue - 9.3/10
                  Gemini - 9.5/10
                  Persona - 9.4/10
                  Siren - 9.4/10
                  Fracture - 9.1/10
                  Hero - 8.6/10
                  Traveler - 9.5/10
                  Veritas - 9.0/10
                  Descent - 9.7/10

The people of IMDB have also spoken! And even these ratings are pretty good!

Bizarro - 8.8/10
                  Kara - 8.3/10
                  Fierce - 7.4/10
                  Cure - 7.5/10
                  Action - 7.8/10
                  Lara - 8.2/10
                  Wrath - 7.9/10
                  Blue - 8.2/10
                  Gemini - 8.1/10
                  Persona - 8.3/10
                  Siren - 8.0/10
                  Fracture - 7.7/10
                  Hero - 7.5/10
                  Traveler - 9.0/10
                  Veritas - 8.7/10
                  Descent - 9.1/10

You can hate season 7 all you want but the MAJORITY of people LOVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by lois_lane-kent
                    MD's preaching -- all shows (sans midseason shows and, again, reality (I don't watch em, so I'm not sure)) have hiatuses/breaks.

And do all those shows ratings drop as much as SV? I'm sure some do but its been a trend on this show for years now. I would agree with you on last season, not one of my top 8 of the series

Umm, am I MD's or does that stand for McDonald's? I could go for a cheeseburger right now

Comment

^^ Did you really just use tv.com and IMDB ratings as evidence? Ratings from people who obviously like the show enough to go to those sites and vote? Those ratings? Really?
                      Umm, am I MD's or does that stand for McDonald's? I could go for a cheeseburger right now
                      You're MD. And now I'm hungry.
                      Last edited by lois_lane-kent; 04-19-2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

^^ Did you really just use tv.com ratings as evidence? Ratings from people who obviously like the show enough to go to those sites and vote? Those ratings? Really?
                        Yes I used them. If people watch the show then they will know if they like or not. Does that make sense to you?

Comment

All I can say to that is...

Er, I mean. You win.

Comment

You're MD. And now I'm hungry.

I am sorry, didn't mean to

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

All I can say to that is...

Er, I mean. You win.

You're right, he wins. I am too tired and hungry to agrue
                            Last edited by Mackdaddy; 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yay! haha

Comment

Let's face it, Smallville is on a very lowly rated network. If I remember correctly, it is the fifth rated network - ouch - but it would explain why the show is consistently the fifth rated when it airs. Let's not forget that Smallville is one of the network's highest rated shows, even if three million is nothing compared to what American Idol gets, it is still a lot of people for the CW. In that sense, Smallville has been very consistent in viewership, and as far as ratings are concerned, that's why it's being renewed for another season, IMO.

P.S.
                                Smallville's quality is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I have loved every episode of this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎