Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the finals for Descent.

SMALLVILLE................2.3/4.........1.4/4...................3,608,000.........1.4/5

Went up just a tick, but up none the less.

Comment

3.60 is not too shabby, at least it was higher than traveler's rating. since veritas got 3.86, i was expecting descent to get at least 4.00 to 4.10 million viewers

Comment

^^^ Thanks, Much better, a 3.61

2007-2008
        1.Bizarro............5.18 million*
        2.Kara................4.59 million*
        3.Fierce..............4.82 million*
        4.Cure................5.18 million*
        5.Action..............4.65 million*
        6.Lara................4.38 million*
        7.Wrath..............4.64 million*
        8.Blue.................4.51 million*
        9.Gemini.............3.71 million*
        10.Persona............3.81 million*
        11.Siren.................4.01 million*
        12.Fracture..............3.67 million*
        13.Hero...................3.81 million*
        14.Traveler...............3.44 million*
        15.Veritas.................3.86 million*
        16.Descent................3.61 million*

*Final {thanks to JAMMHEXX for these listings}
        Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 04-18-2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

People are clearly not into the show anymore. It should have been worked to end in S5 or 6 imo. It's bad enough that ratings in the 5mil range would be considered great. Hopefully next season will be the last...for real this time.

Comment

its the strike, people !!!
            notice how every time, the ratings are pretty good and they climb until we come till a break, the next episode is then lower because of the break takes 3/4 weeks to climb back up and then goes on a break and loses its ratings again. then come to veritas, and after hero, things werent so good, and we had another break.

YOU CANNOT HAVE THAT MANY BREAKS CW !!!!!!!!
            And im sure every single one of you here agress with me, the amount of breaks they had this year was just completely ridiculous.

It would of done well.
            the first 8 episodes were really good, and they werent even smallville at its best.
            if it had, had no breaks, I would pretty accurately place the rating 5 1/2 mil
            imagine if blue had gone straight into gemini and persona and fracture didnt have a break after it and neither did veritas ??
            its not the shows fault. THE SHOW ROCKS !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill_Seeker
              its the strike, people !!!
              notice how every time, the ratings are pretty good and they climb until we come till a break, the next episode is then lower because of the break takes 3/4 weeks to climb back up and then goes on a break and loses its ratings again. then come to veritas, and after hero, things werent so good, and we had another break.

YOU CANNOT HAVE THAT MANY BREAKS CW !!!!!!!!
              And im sure every single one of you here agress with me, the amount of breaks they had this year was just completely ridiculous.

It would of done well.
              the first 8 episodes were really good, and they werent even smallville at its best.
              if it had, had no breaks, I would pretty accurately place the rating 5 1/2 mil
              imagine if blue had gone straight into gemini and persona and fracture didnt have a break after it and neither did veritas ??
              its not the shows fault. THE SHOW ROCKS !!!!!!
              Look at the ratings the past few years. The strike is a BS excuse.
              Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
              People are clearly not into the show anymore. It should have been worked to end in S5 or 6 imo. It's bad enough that ratings in the 5mil range would be considered great.
              True story.

Comment

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
                People are clearly not into the show anymore.
                How cares. The show has done brilliantly to get to an 8th season. Ratings are only important if they wanted to go beyond 8. None of the cast will go beyond an 8th.

Descent has set things up for Clark's final steps to the great man. Season 8 should be a celebration of that final part of his journey. Screw the US viewers who'd rather watch some reality TV dross.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
                  3.60 is not too shabby, at least it was higher than traveler's rating. since veritas got 3.86, i was expecting descent to get at least 4.00 to 4.10 million viewers
                  I too was hoping for a bump into the 4 M range but the damn break in weeks really hurt I think. This was one of SV's all-time best episodes IMHO and it's a shame it scored in the mid 3's. A lot of old viewers would have enjoyed this episode and it may have hooked them for the remainder of the season.

Since it is renewed, I suppose ratings matter very little but still, this season has been superb and I think if people who abandoned the show years ago tuned in and watched a few episodes, they would realize that.

Comment

Well I have a feeling that for season 8 a lot of the people who use to watch Smallville but stopped watching might return for the final season and since a lot of them probably hated AlMiles so they might watch again.
                    I for one do believe the strike hurt the ratings. True they never would've been as high as the earliest seasons (1-3) but they still could've been higher than season 4 or 5 (already higher than season 6).

Comment

so much for Clana bringing the ratings down...

Comment

Originally posted by skizzo
                        so much for Clana bringing the ratings down...

It doesn't help but this whole season has been awful. I talk to a lot of people on this board and most agree, this season is not vey good. I am talking about everything, from writing, directing to even acting. Its been painful to watch some of this crap! I will say 'Descent' was probably the best episode this year. I miss the way the show back in season 5 but what can you do

Comment

^ a majority of the users i talk to online agree with me about how this is the best season ever! so, sorry "mackdaddy", its s7 lovers vs. s7 haters

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
                            ^ a majority of the users i talk to online agree with me about how this is the best season ever! so, sorry "mackdaddy", its s7 lovers vs. s7 haters
                            Well sorry, but they're clearly wrong.

Comment

ouch, now i gotta bash on you. season 7 in my opinion is far the best because of continuity and mythology

Comment

Except for Veritas (as interesting as it is - I will give it that) pretty much contradicts the continuity (and shabby as it's been among the years) and mythology of the series, especially in the first 3 (maybe even 5) seasons.

ETA: And the Veritas storyline is the only thing that has turned this season around. Before it? *shudders*
                                Last edited by lois_lane-kent; 04-19-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎