Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings

I saw Descent promoted alot. I'm still not sure though because it's coming off a break. Maybe if it was coming after 2 or 3 episodes it would do better but we will see.

Originally posted by Polomontana
    I saw Descent promoted alot. I'm still not sure though because it's coming off a break. Maybe if it was coming after 2 or 3 episodes it would do better but we will see.
    They probably won't be great because of the break, this episode is too dark, and it's too much about Lex, and not about Clark. Smallville is supposed to be about Clark with the other characters supporting that story.

Comment

"Descent" has been advertised as featuring what many fans have been waiting for since the beginning; however, I expect the ratings to be low. The CW has slacked off in the advertising this past week (preffering Gossip Girl and Farmer Wants a Wife), it's coming off of a three week break, there's some tough competition, and it was promoted as being Lex-centric and those episodes don't do very well in ratings (despite being good episodes).

Comment

As amazing as this episode was, and the entire season has been, The CW has done a poor job of promoting Smallville. The only time I ever heard about this episode was when I watched the repeats and saw the trailers during the commercial breaks. Other than that, nothing... Admittedly, the TVGuide channel slightly promoted the show, but I don't watch the TVGuide channel very often and wouldn't have known about the clip had it not been mentioned on one of Ksite's forums. I didn't seen much else though.

Now I will give credit where and when it is due. I must say that despite the lack of promotion, I am so thankful The CW renewed my favorite show, so I can cut them some slack... but come on, this is a great show, if the network wants more people to watch it, they should advertise it more. I'm sure there is more to the equation, and I guess it would be hard for newer viewers to catch up since the series is (sadly) a season away from ending, but it can be done, and the DVDs do occasionally go on sale... ultimately, I just want the show to do well and I don't want ratings to hinder it's success. All of that being said, even if I never hear another radio spot for the show, I know I am going to be tuning in every week (and my vote won't even count... I don't have a rating system hooked up to my TV set).
        Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 04-18-2008, 02:15 AM.

Comment

every time i watched a syndicated show on cw, i usually saw the smallville promo with it.

Comment

There's the problem, if all the promos are on around ther other shows, when there are less people watching, they seriously need to put on consistent ads, 15 or 16 over the popular watching hours every week.

Comment

aren't the fast nationals up yet?

Comment

ratings in yet for descent?

Comment

The following results are based on the fast affiliate ratings (Live Plus Same Day data)

-Total Viewers:
                  CBS: 10.75 million, Fox: 9.36, NBC: 7.64, ABC: 4.79, CW: 2.79

-Adults 18-49:
                  NBC: 3.4 rating/10 share, CBS: 3.0/ 9, Fox: 2.8/ 8, ABC: 1.5/ 4, CW: 1.1/ 3

- Smallville on the CW (Viewers: #5, 3.49 million; A18-49: #4, 1.4/ 4).

Link: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/706107511

Source: Nielsen Media Research data
                  Last edited by celita; 04-18-2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

what a shame. 3.49 million for one of the best moments ever on this show.
                    Thank god we are renewed already for next season, because i have to imagine the current powers that be are extremely disappointed that they promoted the fact that lex was throwing lionel out a window, did not bring in more viewers.
                    What a sad shame only 3.49 million.
                    $#|+ crap! what a disappointment!

Comment

If the CW was available to more areas in the U.S, that would help them get more ratings big time! Oh well I'm sure Descent will get like an extra million viewers from DVRs.

Comment

Well, I did see a lot of promotions for Gossip Girl ina lot of other tv stations TBS, TNT, USA and etc..very unfair!

Comment

"Rounding off the 8 p.m. hour was a repeat of ABC’s Lost (Viewers: #4, 3.74 million; A18-49: #5, 1.1/ 3), and Smallville on the CW (Viewers: #5, 3.49 million; A18-49: #4, 1.4/ 4)."

Wow! Smallville beat ABC Lost in the 18-49 demo, and came close to beating in viewers.
                          I know Lost was a repeat, but still, Wow!

Comment

A lot of people probably didn't watch because their kids are still up at 8PM. I had to turn the channel twice. If it wasn't bad enough that Lex threw his own father out a 40 story window, they showed his bloody image at the bottom.

In addition to that, I winced whenever the little kid kept saying, "you killed dad", and then again, "you shouldn't have killed dad". I was so afraid of my son hearing that, and he did once, and I tried to play it off. No one wants their kids to hear that stuff or see it.
                            Last edited by curiosity; 04-18-2008, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                              what a shame. 3.49 million for one of the best moments ever on this show.
                              Thank god we are renewed already for next season, because i have to imagine the current powers that be are extremely disappointed that they promoted the fact that lex was throwing lionel out a window, did not bring in more viewers.
                              What a sad shame only 3.49 million.
                              $#|+ crap! what a disappointment!
                              It is a shame and I agree, thank god we are renewed for another season, but 3.49 million views, is that bad or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎