No announcement yet.

So, we traded Lana for Jonathan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, we traded Lana for Jonathan?

After rewatching Reckoning I just realised we basically traded Lana for Jonathan.

Is it just me, or was that the most retarted choice ever in Smallville, I mean seriously, Lana is not excatly my favorite character but she is nothing but a speedbump. This show needs to move on from the whole "Lana-craze".
    Doesn't Clark ever understand she isn't right for him and move on? No. That is why the show is losing viewers beacuse its almost the same thing every episode; Lana gets in trouble, Clark saves her. The end.

And yes I do know Jonathan had to die, but it was too soon in my opinion.

Oh and first-time post, didn't realise I made an account years ago.

I agree completely. Lana should have died right there. Long live Jonathan!

Comment

I miss Jonathan. Clark made a stupid decision.

Comment

A very sad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
          A very sad trade.
          Indeed. Jonathan was much better to watch than Lana. Lana is this show's biggest attention whore!

Comment

Jonathan's death was the saddest and most depressing episode for me.

As much as I want to I can't completely blame Lana, though. Jonathan was having a heart decease at that point and sadly it was just a matter of time for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjash
              After rewatching Reckoning I just realised we basically traded Lana for Jonathan.

Is it just me, or was that the most retarted choice ever in Smallville, I mean seriously, Lana is not excatly my favorite character but she is nothing but a speedbump. This show needs to move on from the whole "Lana-craze".
              Doesn't Clark ever understand she isn't right for him and move on? No. That is why the show is losing viewers beacuse its almost the same thing every episode; Lana gets in trouble, Clark saves her. The end.

And yes I do know Jonathan had to die, but it was too soon in my opinion.

Oh and first-time post, didn't realise I made an account years ago.
              I don't think it was too soon. It follows the Richard Donner Superman lore so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigT
                Indeed. Jonathan was much better to watch than Lana. Lana is this show's biggest attention whore!
                i could not hav said it better

Comment

Jonathan and Martha and their relationship with each other as well as with Clark was one of the main reasons I fell in love with this show. I basically hated Al Miles stupid theory that JK had to die in order for Clark to emerge as a hero because uh, 4 years after his death, Clark's still nowhere near the hero his dad would have wanted him to be.

It's one of those decisions Clark made on this show that cannot be defended by any means or interpretations. He knew that another life would be taken if he would mess with the course of nature? First of all, that was unlike Superman to put another life at stake for a selfish reason. Then, that life turned out to be his own dad!! It was a sick twist IMO.

Jonathan Kent was a wonderful character and to trade him for a useless and annoying character like Lana who did nothing but regress Clark was painful. The show lost a lot when it lost JK. It would have been wonderful if we still had JK as the person Clark could go to for guidance instead of going to friends with twisted morals.

Comment

you technically Lois was part of the trade too. Didn't Clark save her from electrifying herself to death in that episode? Still a bad trade though with or without Lois factored in.

Comment

This trade-off had disastrous consequences for the show.

Comment

Mesmo que não tivesse aviso de Jorel que alguém próximo a Clark ia morrer o personagem de Jonathan teria que sair de qualquer forma porque a história original e assim.Em Smallville Jonathan viveu bastante se comparar com outras versões da história.Ele ainda venceu a eleição para senador aí ele morreu.Um personagem muito querido e uma pena que ele não pode ir até o fim da história.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎