No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Veritas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Veritas

One inconsistency I spotted was how Jason Teague played with Lex as a kid but they didn't know one another when they were shown meeting back in what I think was Facade when Lex caught Jason at Lana's hospital bed. This is a problem when they try to retrofit a story like Veritas. I wish this story would have been gradually developed over the years rather than doing it in side projects. It could have avoided inconsistencies like this and given us much better storylines than the 'shipfests we got through the last few seasons.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 03-29-2008, 11:47 AM.

That may have been the last time he saw Jason until "Facade." I'd have to rewatch S4, but do they ever explicitly say that Lex and Jason never knew each other? If not, Lex may not have recognized him after so long. Because we do know that Genevieve and Lex know each other from Lex's childhood (I think we found out in "Krypto," but I'm not sure).

Comment

One plothole i got was Lionel saying he's kept Clark's secret alot longer than he's ever known but if that was the case then why did Lionel go through so much just to learn clark's secret? I mean there was the plot of Memoria to find out where he was from not to mention that two years ago Lionel said that he learned his secret whenhe held the crystal to the fortress, if that were the truth then he didn't know anything about Clark and stuff before becoming Jor-el's vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        One inconsistency I spotted was how Jason Teague played with Lex as a kid but they didn't know one another when they were shown meeting back in what I think was Facade when Lex caught Jason at Lana's hospital bed. This is a problem when they try to retrofit a story like Veritas. I wish this story would have been gradually developed over the years rather than doing it in side projects. It could have avoided inconsistencies like this and given us much better storylines than the 'shipfests we got through the last few seasons.
        Remember, Lex said that he repressed some of his memories before the Meteor Shower. It is possible that he had forgotten Jason.

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
        One plothole i got was Lionel saying he's kept Clark's secret alot longer than he's ever known but if that was the case then why did Lionel go through so much just to learn clark's secret? I mean there was the plot of Memoria to find out where he was from not to mention that two years ago Lionel said that he learned his secret whenhe held the crystal to the fortress, if that were the truth then he didn't know anything about Clark and stuff before becoming Jor-el's vessel.
        I think Lionel is reffering to the secret of Veritas.
        When he realized that Clark was the Traveler, he "had actually been keeping his secret longer than Clark knew" .

Comment

^ actually Jason didn't repress memories to his childhood so back in season 4 when they met Jason could have said they met before but he didn't. it is a plothole

Comment

Yeah, their meeting in season 4 seemed like it was the first time they ever met. That's the impression I had all this time before I ever saw Veritas.

Comment

Also Lionel and Virgil Swann's meeting in Legacy seemed to be the first time I think, but the thing about Jason and Lex which I noticed, could be covered by Genevieve knowing Lionel, I don't remember the episode but I do remember Lionel saying he knew Genevieve, in fact I'm not sure, but I think it was her who got him out of prison? or it was Bridgette Crosby? I don't remember.

And about the quote of lionel telling clark he's been hiding his secret long ago, I think it means about he (and the Veritas people) knew about the "Traveler" and that's the reason he'd been so busy in season 3 investigating about clark because he started to suspect about him I think in season 2 when he was blind and he kept that bullets that clark rebounded. I think how the writers are tying things up, and they seem good.

Comment

How about in the flashback when Lex was spying on Lionel and the others at someones house they were waiting for Virgil Swann. Then how did Patty get there? Or did I miss something? Were they at the Swan's house and Virgil was somewhere else doing something else? Hell I dont know!

Comment

Originally posted by ClLaLeChFAN01
                  How about in the flashback when Lex was spying on Lionel and the others at someones house they were waiting for Virgil Swann. Then how did Patty get there? Or did I miss something? Were they at the Swan's house and Virgil was somewhere else doing something else? Hell I dont know!
                  Supposedly, the wheels of Swann's wheelchair were in one scene (I didn't see it because the episode never taped for me and I had to resort to other methods to watch it where I just never saw that). I'm not sure if it was in the same scene though.

Comment

Originally posted by ClLaLeChFAN01
                    I would assume they were at the Swann's house, and they were just waiting for Virgil to come in.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    Yeah, their meeting in season 4 seemed like it was the first time they ever met. That's the impression I had all this time before I ever saw Veritas.
                    Yeah, I just rewatched their first scene in "Façade." They act like they don't recognize each other (although Lex mentions Edward's law firm). Lex not recognizing Jason is easy to explain away (like Spirit Detective pointed out). For Jason, you came up w/ a pretty good idea in a different thread where Jason knows about

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Veritas, and he pretends to not know Lex so he doesn't remind him.

Isn't SN shot in the same city as SV? It would be cool if they could get Jensan back for a flashback where Genevieve tells Jason to act as though he doesn't know Lex.
                    Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 03-29-2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14

Isn't SN shot in the same city as SV? It would be cool if they could get Jensan back for a flashback where Genevieve tells Jason to act as though he doesn't know Lex.
                      That would be awesome!

Comment

Isn't Jason a good 7-10 years younger then Lex. I know for plotline purposes he was 19(just out of HS). In that scene(if it was supposed to be Jason) he looked 2 years younger at most.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
                          Isn't Jason a good 7-10 years younger then Lex. I know for plotline purposes he was 19(just out of HS). In that scene(if it was supposed to be Jason) he looked 2 years younger at most.
                          Well, clark is 5-6 years younger than lex. Jason is 2-3 years older than Clark. So, in theory, Jason is 3-4 years younger than lex.

ya, the kid playing Jason should have been younger.

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanewatson
                            Well, clark is 5-6 years younger than lex. Jason is 2-3 years older than Clark. So, in theory, Jason is 3-4 years younger than lex.

ya, the kid playing Jason should have been younger.
                            I am not sure of Lex's age compared to Clark, but i swear Jason was just out of HS

Comment

Lex was 8 when the meteors hit,a nd when clark came, and clark was supposedly 3 at the time, and that makes them about 5 years apart in age. Jason is, at the most, 2 years older than clark.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎