No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Veritas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
    I am not sure of Lex's age compared to Clark, but i swear Jason was just out of HS
    Jason was going to college in season 4 but he could have taken a few years off after starting at another college. I think Clark told Lana about Jason's football past in Devoted but don't remember if he was talking about highschool or college.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
      ^ actually Jason didn't repress memories to his childhood so back in season 4 when they met Jason could have said they met before but he didn't. it is a plothole
      Not necesarily Lex was a redheaded kid and he meet a bald adult. We don't know if they meet each other again after the meteor shower I think is also posible that Genevieve didn't told everything to his son in case he wanted to make questions on his own, you know a way to control it even more he only knew what she needed him to know to help her on her quest.
      Last edited by lastdaughterofkrypton; 03-30-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lastdaughterofkrypton
        Not necesarily Lex was a redheaded kid and he meet a bald adult. We don't know if they meet each other again after the meteor shower I think is also posible that Genevieve didn't told everything to his son in case he wanted to make questions on his own, you know a way to control it even more he only knew what she needed him to know to help her on her quest.
        it actually is. Everyone knows who the Luthors are. If Lex knew Jason when they were younger he wouldn't have hesitated to say we knew each other while we were kids before the meteor shower. Its wrong that Somehow lex can remember Patty Swann but not Jason.

Comment

i just rewatched different scenes in different episodes from various seasons, and i think its possible that this veritas thing could have potentially been around from day one. here are some different things that I noticed that make me think this.

anyone remember the big headline on the newspaper that lionel was reading in first scene of the pilot? "Queen Industries CEO Missing presumed Dead." that always seemed suspicious to me up until "Veritas" when Lex had the whole flashback scene to when he was a kid right before going to Smallville in the chopper. That connected the dots, so to speak. I just finished rewatching the scene with Swann and Lionel in legacy and listening to the dialog between them, it was clear that they had met before, but they made it seem like they hadnt seen each other in many many years. another thing, it always seemed weird to me that Lionel was always trying to discourage Lex from perusing "the secret of Clark Kent" and trying to throw him off course to keep his secret safe. Always saying things like "Lex, why are you obsessed over this Kansas farm boy?" Also, the whole agreement that was made between Pa Kent and Lionel keeping Clarks adoption situation legal and secure in the episode "Lineage." I think its all very plausible.
          Last edited by SlickSyck; 04-27-2008, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Jason was going to college in season 4 but he could have taken a few years off after starting at another college. I think Clark told Lana about Jason's football past in Devoted but don't remember if he was talking about highschool or college.
            That nmoves the Jana relationship from "believable but maybe a little inappropriate" to "really creepy and quite possibly illegal."

Comment

One thing I noticed was Chloe's wardrobe in this episode. One moment she's in blue (when Lionel shows up) at the Planet, and it's nighttime. The next moment, she's in green, and it's daylight. The next episode, "Descent", returns Chloe to the blue outfit and the nighttime setting. Does "Descent" actually take place simultaneously with "Veritas", or is this a result of the rumored "retcon" that took place after the WGA strike?

Comment

wow. ok so i just rewatched the pilot, and the kid playing young lex was a lot older than 8. and the kid playing young lex this season was much younger. but lex did say 'i've been bald since i was 8'. so that would make him 5 years older than clark. as far as jason's age i dont remember exactly a lot about him.
                lana has always had an enfatuation with older men. whitney was a senior when she was a freshman. jason was obviously older. lex was 5 years older. so if you think about it all of her relationships out side of clark are kinda wierd.
                also on the consistancy of jason knowing clark, it doesnt matter, they were kids so they probably forgot each other. but genevieve knew the whole time what she was doing, and probably knew a lot about veritas. she set up jason and lana so he would go back to smallville and then she could get back into lionel's circle and she could learn figure out who the traveler was. the crystals had a big part in clark's becoming the traveler. and she knew if she controled them she could figure out how to control the traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                  One thing I noticed was Chloe's wardrobe in this episode. One moment she's in blue (when Lionel shows up) at the Planet, and it's nighttime. The next moment, she's in green, and it's daylight. The next episode, "Descent", returns Chloe to the blue outfit and the nighttime setting. Does "Descent" actually take place simultaneously with "Veritas", or is this a result of the rumored "retcon" that took place after the WGA strike?
                  I felt compelled to reiterate my confusion over this; anyone have an explanation for it?

Comment

Yeah, it's a result of the WGA strike that occured. I believe that the first two scenes of Descent (Lionel's death and Chlark going out to check out the murder site) would've occured in the original 90 minute Veritas as well as the scene when Lex goes to the Fortress (as seen in the trailer for Sleeper).

To be honest, I think that the scene when Chloe's wearing the green jacket wasn't originally planned, but since there would be future episodes, they added it in to provide a proper closure for the version of Veritas that aired in March.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
                      Isn't Jason a good 7-10 years younger then Lex. I know for plotline purposes he was 19(just out of HS). In that scene(if it was supposed to be Jason) he looked 2 years younger at most.
                      Lex was nine years old in 1989 (source: "Pilot", "Craving"). So, he would've been born around 1980. Oliver would've been born the same year.

According to the file Lois gets, Patricia Swann was 26 in 2008. So, she would've been born 1982.

Lana would've been born 1986 ("Pilot", "Redux", "Crusade", "Transference").

Clark and Chloe would've been born in 1987 ("Crusade", "Hidden", "Aqua").

As for Jason, they don't give an exact age in S4. He was a college student in 2004. This would make him between 18 and 22. Placing his year of birth between 1982 and 1984. Making him 2-4 years younger than Lex.

As for why Jason didn't point out them playing together in S4, it ties back to that. Lex was nine-years-old and then lost his memories of Veritas and much of his younger years. Meanwhile, Jason would've been 5-7-years-old. Also, they wouldn't have been great, close friends. They were just some kids who played together, during their parents meetings. Outside of those meetings (which, probably, ended after 1989), they probably never saw each other. Jason would've been too young to remember Lex, when they meet again in 2004. You don't typically remember things from when you were 5. Especially not some kid you played with a few times. I certainly don't remember the names of kids I played with, when I was that young. I certainly wouldn't be able to identify them, if I'd encounter them again. Real people don't remember everything or everyone from their childhoods...why do we expect fictional characters to do that? I blame Cold Case for this: "Oh, you wanna hear about what I did one day 40-50 years ago? Sure, I remember every little detail."
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 03-21-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Lex was nine years old in 1989 (source: "Pilot", "Craving"). So, he would've been born around 1980. Oliver would've been born the same year.

According to the file Lois gets, Patricia Swann was 26 in 2008. So, she would've been born 1982.

Lana would've been born 1986 ("Pilot", "Crusade", "Transference").

Clark and Chloe would've been born in 1987 ("Crusade", "Hidden", "Aqua").

As for Jason, they don't give an exact age in S4. He was a college student in 2004. This would make him between 18 and 22. Placing his year of birth between 1982 and 1984. Making him 2-4 years younger than Lex.

As for why Jason didn't point out them playing together in S4, it ties back to that. Lex was nine-years-old and then lost his memories of Veritas and much of his younger years. Meanwhile, Jason would've been 5-7-years-old. Also, they wouldn't have been great, close friends. They were just some kids who played together, during their parents meetings. Outside of those meetings (which, probably, ended after 1989), they probably never saw each other. Jason would've been too young to remember Lex, when they meet again in 2004. You don't typically remember things from when you were 5. Especially not some kid you played with a few times. I certainly don't remember the names of kids I played with, when I was that young. I certainly wouldn't be able to identify them, if I'd encounter them again. Real people don't remember everything or everyone from their childhoods...why do we expect fictional characters to do that? I blame Cold Case for this: "Oh, you wanna hear about what I did one day 40-50 years ago? Sure, I remember every little detail."
                        I think that in the episode where Lex and Jason interact I think Jason looks like he's fidgety or something and then relaxes when I think Lex confirms for him that he doesn't know him. That's my perception of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎