Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else tired of seeing Lana getting hurt?

I might be treading in deep water here on this site but is anyone else tired of seeing Lana getting hurt? I think Lana is a very strong character and I think she's a real character but I'm sick of seeing her getting hurt. Hasn't she proven that she is a strong person who can take care of herself but the damsel in distress thing is getting old.

Let's recap:

Season 1:
    -Metamorphosis
    -X-ray
    -Hug
    -Nicodemus
    -Obscura
    -Tempest

Season 2:
    -Vortex
    -Nocturne
    -Dichotic
    -Precipice
    -Accelerate

Season 3:
    -Extinction
    -Shattered
    -Delete
    -Hereafter
    -Obsession
    -Crisis

Season 4:
    -Crusade
    -Facade
    -Spell
    -Scare
    -Pariah
    -Sacred
    -Commencement

Season 5:
    -Arrival
    -Mortal
    -Thirst
    -Splinter
    -Lockdown
    -Reckoning
    -Cyborg
    -Void

Season 6:
    -ALL OF SEASON 6

Season 7:
    -Action
    -Blue
    -Veritas

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who's tired of seeing her gut hurt...

really tired of her actually, I cant stand Clana and Lana anymore, Im just holding on because fortunately shes leaving soon

Yeah i'm getting tired of the writers putting her in that situation, we've seen she's a strong woman. But this season she had no chance as she was hurt by Kryptonians, so it was impossible for her to defend herself.

Back in Seasons 1-5, she was the damsel in distress. That was her role IMO. But now after being in a relationship with Lex and becoming a stronger person, you can see that the list is greatly lowered in Season 7. And all of those times that she was injured in Season 7, she couldn't do anything about it. It just kinda happened...

As for the answer to the original question, I'm gonna say no. Depends on the situation. Most times it's for the plot to advance (like "Noir" or "Veritas") and that's good. (not saying that I like Lana being in pain...maybe before Season 5, but after Season 6 (around "Trespass") I've been a Lana lover )

I think they show all the characters constantly getting hurt, and not just singling her out for that, so no.

I'm fine with it as long as it advances the story as it did in Veritas.

Make sure you don't post any specifics about Veritas since there is that 1 week rule.

I'm tired of seeing Lana

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm tired of seeing Lana
    How clever we are. Heaven forbid we talk about the topic posted rather than degenerating into bashing.
    Last edited by MidgardDragon; 03-29-2008 at 06:32 AM.

I am tired of seeing Lana get hurt. However, in Veritas, as much as i didn't like what happened, its advanced the storyline.

Whedon Worshipper Hopefulsuicide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm tired of seeing Lana
    agreed. but thats because her role always was 'damsel in distress', like Dawn on Buffy, that's all she really does. and yes she has dabbled in the dark side, but her function on the show has always been for Clark to save her

thats why writing smallville fanfiction is so easy IMO... basic fanfiction fits into a design... meteor freak discovers gift, uses it selfishly, lana gets involved, Clark decides he has to stop it, Chloe helps him find out how, lana gets kindnapped/attacked/interested, Clark has to save her, probably encountering meteor rocks along the way, Lana thanks him in Clana scene, the end

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Quote Originally Posted by MidgardDragon View Post
    How clever we are. Heaven forbid we talk about the topic posted rather than degenerating into bashing.
    how clever we are to interpret a valid point as bashing, where in fact nothing invalid was said. heaven forbid we to make negative points about Lana without being told we are bashing
    Last edited by Hopefulsuicide; 03-29-2008 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hate seeing her get so abused all the time. I just roll my eyes when it happens now, honestly...it's like the writers look at the script and say, "This is missing something...maybe we should add...Lana getting thrown into a bookcase! NO! Trampled by a horse! Yeah that's it."

Come on.

Banned
    Lana will be replaced by lois, who will be a perpetual dumbsel in distress for ClarkMan to save in perpetuity and ad nauseum.

Clark Kent: Mars Investigations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidgardDragon View Post
    I'm fine with it as long as it advances the story as it did in Veritas.
    Agreed.

Her whole presence in series 7 is annoying me!! She just makes clark weak and they continually use her to avoid clarks development!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast