Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistryman View Post
    Her whole presence in series 7 is annoying me!! She just makes clark weak and they continually use her to avoid clarks development!!
    How is she making him weak? Because he got upset that she didn't know Bizarro wasn't him or because of what Brainiac did to her?

Even though Clark is an alien, he's still part human as well so he's going to feel human emotions and I think he's shown that in the Clana relationship.

I'm curious as to how you think she's making him weak?

Clark is making himself weak. And he is doing a fine job of it !!! Veritas proved it. He was just sitting and watching things happen, unable to to anything.
    The look on brainiac's face towards Clark just before he took off was priceless!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of seeing her, period.

Whedon Worshipper Hopefulsuicide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Young View Post
    How is she making him weak? Because he got upset that she didn't know Bizarro wasn't him or because of what Brainiac did to her?

Even though Clark is an alien, he's still part human as well so he's going to feel human emotions and I think he's shown that in the Clana relationship.

I'm curious as to how you think she's making him weak?
    she's the reason that Clark doesn't want to accept his destiny, which means her prescence on the show is what makes him seem weak

How she is now (catatonic like) is how she should have been seasons ago with all those hits. I don't know, lately, she is like thrown in the show with no good reason. She does not fit in with knowing Clark's secret. And I am sorry, a few months with Lex would not give her all those insights on computers,etc. and like no one at the mansion notices these cameras? BS-with lex's enemies, if this was true, he would have security co. doing sweeps weekly for bugging, cameras, etc.

The Man of Steel 6-Super-Man -5's Avatar
    She is the one how gets hurt the most, which is pretty annoying now, cause Clark always goes into guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by MidgardDragon View Post
    I'm fine with it as long as it advances the story as it did in Veritas.
    So am I.

I just hate when they make FOTW obsessed with her beauty and kindness so she ends up getting hurt because of that. I mean, half the FOTW who were obsessed with her didn't even know her all that well. Luckily, we haven't seen that in a while, so let's hope it stays that way.

At least, on the episodes where FOTW were obsessed with Chloe, they mentionned that they had been corresponding with emails or something. It just didn't seem random IMO.

However with Lana, sometimes the hurt part is far-fetched.

I'm tired of it too. She can kick some serious a** now, so why should they even put her in that situation and always have Clark come to the rescue? Plus, it just annoys me, how she always has one day recoveries. No blemishes, or bruises like some of the other injured characters. Her concussions never last either! Its like she takes an Advil and problem solved! Its like they must keep her in perfect condition. Sometimes that just makes me feel rotten, like she's this perfect person no one else on the show can live up too. Physically/ appearence wise, I mean. Idk, IMO, anyways. In short, Lana gets hurt WAY too much.

Banned
    Lana getting hurt? What about Lex? He was mortally shot at least 4 times. Lana is far from what Lex suffered...

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Lana getting hurt? What about Lex? He was mortally shot at least 4 times. Lana is far from what Lex suffered...
    Lex puts himself in dangerous situations by chaperoning experiments with weird chemicals, individuals or alien destructing devices. The risk factor is higher.

That being said, being shot 4 times in 7 years is way too much. I mean, he's not part of some low-life criminal gang (at least not that we know of lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Misstaken View Post
    Lex puts himself in dangerous situations by chaperoning experiments with weird chemicals, individuals or alien destructing devices. The risk factor is higher.

That being said, being shot 4 times in 7 years is way too much. I mean, he's not part of some low-life criminal gang (at least not that we know of lol).
    Agreed, and agreed w/ the previous post. Lex gets shot way too much too. He has too many near death experiences in general. Though, in Smallville, that's what makes him Lex Luthor. His obsession with his own mortality and constantly trying to find the answers to his miraclous recoveries....

Lex getting shot square between the eyes in Fracture was sooooo stupid!

Lex deserves the abuse he gets. He's an a$$ who hurts way too many people because they're different than he is or because that's just his nature.

Lana doesn't deserve ANY of the abuse she gets, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Young View Post
    Lex getting shot square between the eyes in Fracture was sooooo stupid!

Lex deserves the abuse he gets. He's an a$$ who hurts way too many people because they're different than he is or because that's just his nature.

Lana doesn't deserve ANY of the abuse she gets, IMHO.
    Here! HERE! Well...except for the Lana part. She's not the naive, innocent, little girl she once was. I agree, some of the stuff that's happened to her was bad and I wouldn't wish that on anyone i.e. being catatonic, but suffering excruciating pain. If this were the beginning of the series I would agree with you fully, but now Lana's pretty devious and some stuff is just "what goes around comes around."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12