No announcement yet.

Pierce - Aaron Douglas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce - Aaron Douglas

I don't know about anybody else but i found it really annoying that they was cast Aaron Douglas in smallville for the second time but as a different character, smallville fans arent stupid and alot of fans will remember him playing Deputy Michael Birtigo in the Obscura episode. I dont understand they they would do this.

I would like to hear other peoples views on this matter.

Originally posted by J-BOM
    I don't know about anybody else but i found it really annoying that they was cast Aaron Douglas in smallville for the second time but as a different character, smallville fans arent stupid and alot of fans will remember him playing Deputy Michael Birtigo in the Obscura episode. I dont understand they they would do this.

I would like to hear other peoples views on this matter.
    I hear where you're coming from, but it didn't bother me. They probably liked him as an actor and called him back in for the role. Maybe somebody in the production remembered him and knew he'd be awesome in this episode. And he was pretty good.

So if it saved them time or money which they were able to spend elsewhere, I'm fine with it.

Comment

i thought it was because back then he would caputre meteor freaks or be against them so they brought him back and capture clark. Also thats why he was the head of security or whatever in 33.1 from lex as he mentions and he also mentions that lex knows when a project should be terminated but lionel cares for them and thats when he goes against them.

Comment

Honestly, I own all the seasons and I did not until just now realize that. No biggie.

Comment

i didn't realise either!

i guess it's possible it's the same character, he just changed his name to Peirce

it's not the first time on smallville that an actor has been used twice, and it's certainly not the first time on a T.V. show. Lois and Clark did it quite a bit too.

Comment

It was a different character than the first time round.

Come on people how hard would it have been to cast a actor that hasn't been in the show before.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BOM
              It was a different character than the first time round.

Come on people how hard would it have been to cast a actor that hasn't been in the show before.
              Called saving money. Alot of people do that even for practical reasons.

Comment

saving money? R u serious? this guy is a series regular on battlestar. am sure if they wanted to save money would have hired a less well known actor, not an actor with a decent career.

Comment

If they can reuse one actor, with whom they have a decent relationship with, for different roles then they usually save money and time and hassle auditioning other people. I noticed this with Joss Whedon. Joss used Jonathan Woodward for three roles in three different TV shows; two of which were set in the same universe. On Buffy, Mr. Woodward played Holden Webster, a former classmate of Buffy's who was a psych-major turned vampire in season 7. In Angel, a spin-off to Buffy, Woodward played a scientist named Knox. In Firely, he played a soldier named Tracey who was in the same regiment as Mal and Zoe.

Joss Whedon has done this with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Gina Torres. If the studio can use the same actor for different characters than they will. It's cost productive.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎