Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's up with Chloe?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Uh, why was Chloe crying in that last scene? I think she's made it perfectly clear throughout the WHOLE series that she doesn't like the Clana and she's made it pretty clear this season that she doesn't seem to fond of Lana anymore.

So, what was with the tears? I understand Clark's tears but Chloe? Hmm, seems a little odd to me.

And is Chloe even a journalist anymore or is she just Clark's side kick? It seems like all she does is track down things for Clark or research things for Oliver. I miss the old hard headed journalist Chloe from seasons 1-5. No wonder Lois is so much better than she is. And I think we all know why Chloe gets fired.

I have to admit, and please don't kill me, but I'm starting to believe that the ONLY reason Chloe is on the show is to be Clark's computer wiz and side kick. What other purpose does she have?

Sometimes, it's hard for me to see where Clark ends and Chloe begins...if you know what I mean...

Banned
    It's totally understandable why she was upset. Just because she doesn't really enjoy Clana and told Lana off for being a two face (which IMO was a justified action), that doesn't mean she doesn't care about both Lana and Clark! She still see's Lana as her sister, no matter how far apart they've grown and she cares about Clark and his feelings for Lana, why do you think she has been so supportive of them this whole time?

Chloe cares about Both Lana and Clark as individuals and as partners/lovers. She didn't like to see them in pain like that so it was completely understandable why she was crying.

Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    chloe has a big heart and does not want anyone to suffer.
    using the same symbolism of the stone angel that we have not really seen since episode 100 was a moving experience.
    you can be sad for someone who is in pain even if they don't feel the same way about you.
    its unconditional love.

Chloe saw the hurt in Clark's eyes, and now she knows how truly devoted he is to lana. meaning, no chlark. unfortunately :-(

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by erikamichelle614 View Post
    Chloe saw the hurt in Clark's eyes, and now she knows how truly devoted he is to lana. meaning, no chlark. unfortunately :-(
    Are you really really sure about that ;-)...

She weeps because she sees Clark weeping, when Clark is in pain she is in pain and when Clark is enraged she too is enraged. I think its important to note that during this episode TPTB decide to show us parallels between Chloe and Clark, I wonder why this is so?

I suspect clark will do something desperate now, I wonder if chloe will as well?

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erikamichelle614 View Post
    hey hey now let's not go nuts here. I think Chloe was just as sad for Lana as she is for Clark. I dont think there was a selfish thought in that moment, she realizes that today the heroes lost

My guess is she was crying because one of her friends is catatonic. I don't think she would be jumping for joy if Clark wasn't by Lana's side and devouted I think she is just sad at the turn of events with Lana.
    That being said it might have been shot the way it was to throw Chlarker's a bone, a slim glimmer of hope that get later be extinguished in a emotionally messy way.

The tears are because she feels Clark's pain. Even if you doesn't like Lana or Clana it wouldn't be right not to feel sorry for them. It's not like Lana just felt town

Even if she does not think that Lana is the best thing for Clark, she still loves Lana as a friend.

Incurable Postaholic lastdaughterofkrypton's Avatar
    Oh come on it was a sad scene even if you didn't knew the people involved. A man's love being neither dead or alive and without any idea if she is going to get better. Is normal to cry at that.
    I do think they are setting Chloe to do something about it though but there is nothing odd about her crying.

Chloe may not like Lana but she's in love with Clark and she doesn't like seeing Clark that upset, so when he's upset, so is she. That's what I think.

Just because she doesn't agree with every decission Lana made, or how Lana and Clark run their mutual relationship, doesn't mean that Chloe doesn't care about Lana, or about Clark's feelings for Lana or the hurt he is going througth seeing Lana in such a state! Give Chloe a break!

I don't understand why the director chose to have Chloe walk in at all. This was really a Clana moment, I felt having Chloe walking in and crying was kind of awkward to watch, that is unless they're setting up Chloe healing Lana or something, which i would NOT like to see at all.

Well Chloe may dislike Lana for her own reasons. But she loves Clark and when he is upset I think it makes her upset as well. Seeing him cry made her cry. That's what I think.

It would make me cry.....oh yeah....it did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast