• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lionel uses the same arguments as the fortress's AI:
    Something bad will happen
    Do something or something bad will happen
    Don't do something or something bad will happen
    Do something because I say so
    Do something or I will kill someone close to you!!!

Both are unable to construct any good argument or provide any useful information. The AI would be good for giving orders to soldiers in the kryptonian civil war as they should have as little information as possible in case they are captured but it's quite bad to convince someone to follow it.

Comment

I'll bet in the next epi he'll be like " It's all my fault....I should have listened to him...."

Comment

I'd say it's pretty dumb... Clark knows that Lionel could expose him, that Lionel could do tons of horrible terrible things to Clark. Hell you'd think that he would know better then to treat Lionel the way he is, what harm could listening possibly do? Not much. What harm could calling him a monster do? Gee I don't know, he could say expose you? Pull out his contributions to your mother's career? Expose Chloe's big secret? Stop lying to Lex to protect you? Lionel has the goods on you, your friends, and your family dumb ass!!!

*sigh* Even if Lionel was lying it would still be worth listening to him just for those reasons, never mind the what if he's not factor, which we are all pretty sure he isn't... Fundamentally stupid, I'd expect them to give Chloe a bigger brain then they did... I'd expect them to think hmmm maybe we should have Chloe give a chance to the guy that could easily ruin not only her life but her best friends life...

Comment

They were both too wrapped up in their self-righteous anger and made assumptions they will both live to regret.
          Last edited by DestinyAw8s; 03-29-2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DestinyAw8s
            They were both too wrapped up in their self-righteous anger and made assumptions they will both live to regret.
            Yes but they will forget about it at most two episodes after the consequences.
            Chloe: "Wasn't there a reason we weren't able to prevent that horrible thing from happening last time?"
            Clark: "Reason? ... Lex is bad!"
            Chloe: "Oh that's right!" she smiles, "Good boy." pats him on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
              Yes but they will forget about it at most two episodes after the consequences.
              Chloe: "Wasn't there a reason we weren't able to prevent that horrible thing from happening last time?"
              Clark: "Reason? ... Lex is bad!"
              Chloe: "Oh that's right!" she smiles, "Good boy." pats him on the head.
              lol so so so so true.

They have a right to not want to listen to him, but they should have at least listened to him. That made me really mad

Comment

Originally posted by Eri-El
                I'll bet in the next epi he'll be like " It's all my fault....I should have listened to him...."
                Yeah, you know that's coming....

Comment

it's just common sense to take any information you can get... if my worst enemy came to me begging me to listen i would... i wouldnt take what they said as absolute truth, but it's always good to know everything you can

Comment

Originally posted by Guryon
                    all of these things (Lionel murdered people, krypto cage, etc...) are irrelevant because clark should listen to and do everything that lionel says. You ask why on earth, because Jor El picked him, and Jor El is all knowing and all wise. That is a fundamental pillar of the superman mythology.
                    I think you are confusing Jor-El with God...and Jor-El is most definitely NOT God. Considering all the crap that Jor-El has inflicted on Clark, the fake 'Kara', Jonathon, the real Kara, and then picking someone as deceitful as Lionel as his vessel...these are not the acts to inspire a lot of confidence in Jor-El. I don't blame Clark at all for giving Lionel the brush-off.

(Of course, I still do not believe Jor-El chose Lionel as his vessel. It was just a matter of Lionel being in the right place at the right time (in possession of the right stone).)

Comment

Originally posted by euterpe
                      I think you are confusing Jor-El with God...and Jor-El is most definitely NOT God. Considering all the crap that Jor-El has inflicted on Clark, the fake 'Kara', Jonathon, the real Kara, and then picking someone as deceitful as Lionel as his vessel...these are not the acts to inspire a lot of confidence in Jor-El. I don't blame Clark at all for giving Lionel the brush-off.

(Of course, I still do not believe Jor-El chose Lionel as his vessel. It was just a matter of Lionel being in the right place at the right time (in possession of the right stone).)
                      that could be true as being in the right place and also i think hes trying to say Jor el is more wise than clark and any human there as he has more experience and a better understanding than clark does because hes studies it all up and therefore knows the rules and lessons and is trying to teach clark it to become superman.

Comment

Originally posted by prairiefire
                        Ya but isn't that the problem. He is always f'ing up bc of Lana. Always distracted or busy and as a result people suffer.
                        QFE. That's exactly what I thought. Lana ****ed stuff up when he ignored Jor'El before because of her, now it's just happening all over again.

/sighhhhhhh when will that BDA ever learn Lana is poison for his development?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                          Clark isn't Superman. He's making the mistakes now that he will learn from later, so that he can be the Superman of the comics and cartoons and movies. That's the entire point of the series.

Plus, he thought Lana had been preyed upon by Brainiac. He was panicked, flustered, angry, and didn't have time for what he thought were simply false warnings from a traitor.

Save the excuses! Lana's V is pink kryptonite! Clark was never as dumb as he is on SV!

I love SV, but he's an idiot.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Eri-El
                          Because Lionel WAS babbling and begging would have made me think twice about trying to figure out what he was trying to say if I was Clark or Chloe, because it was out of Character for Lionel to be doing that.

Lionel never begs! Ultimate give away!
                          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 12-13-2010, 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎