No announcement yet.

Is Zod dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    I always took it as the accumulation of all the energy stored in the crystal that restored the FOS, meaning Zod's phantom energy, Baern's phantom energy, and the energy that Baern had absorbed from Brainiac's power source.
    I have to agree with Angelous here. It was Baern's energy that restored the Fortress.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I believe that Zod is back in the Phantom Zone, as is any other villain that Clark defeated with the crystal. This would include Baern, and I imagine 'Dr. Hudson' too, since he was absorbed into Martian Manhunter's crystal.

Phantoms like Gloria I believe are dead.
    Last edited by smallvillelogan; 03-28-2008, 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yep, Clark killed "Gloria" by frying her.

The Martian Manhunter killed Aldar and Clark probably tossed him into the ocean and then Clark killed Titan and Bizarro.

Zod, Baern and "Dr. Hudson" are all back into the Phantom Zone, which is a reason why I doubt Zod returns to Smallville anytime soon. Unless Kara becomes the new vessel, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IamProdigy
        Zod, Baern and "Dr. Hudson" are all back into the Phantom Zone, which is a reason why I doubt Zod returns to Smallville anytime soon. Unless Kara becomes the new vessel, lol.
        Yeah, I don't believe Zod will be back, but the only indication that that could happen is that BrainIAC could use Kara's crystal with the blood of the House of El to re-free him. In 'Veritas,' we see BrainIAC take keen interest in Kara's bracelet, so obviously her being of the House of El has some sort of impact on what is going to happen. Not that this necessarily means Zod will be released again; it could be a way for BrainIAC to control Kandor, or somehow unleash Darkseid, or something like that.

Comment

I thought Clark understood the stone sent them back to the phantom zone??

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillelogan
            I have to agree with Angelous here. It was Baern's energy that restored the Fortress.

I believe that Zod is back in the Phantom Zone, as is any other villain that Clark defeated with the crystal. This would include Baern, and I imagine 'Dr. Hudson' too, since he was absorbed into Martian Manhunter's crystal.

Phantoms like Gloria I believe are dead.
            Well, Gloria wasn't a phantom (she was a corporeal alien from another planet other than Krypton and killed its inhabitants so she could spread her plants).

You may be right about those actual phantoms like Zod, Baern, and Dr. Hudson being sent back to the Phantom Zone, but I'm not yet convinced because there may be something that disproves this.

Here are my points:

1. We never really got any clues as to how the crystal works. Yeah, there's common sense, but I've applied that several times to this show and it didn't work (like why wouldn't Clark tell Lana what Lex did in Mortal--because if he did, she would have never trusted Lex again). So, I can't yet assume that they got sent to the Phantom Zone just on common sense alone. And this is because of point #2 below.

2. In the episode Zod, we saw Clark in the Phantom Zone being attacked by 2 phantoms. Then we saw Raya showing up for the very 1st time with the crystal and used it on the phantoms. I have to go back and re-watch the scene, but do the phantoms get sucked into the crystal, or does it just repel them like a cross typically does to vampires in the movies? I ask this because if they got sucked into the crystal, where did they go? It would be pointless if they got sucked into the crystal only to return to the Phantom Zone to attack Clark & Raya again.

I still have yet to watch my season 6 DVD set and I got it the day it came out in the stores. If someone checks this out (in Zod) and can post what happened when the crystal was used against those phantoms, I think we can make total sense out of it.

I'm also not convinced that Bizarro is dead. I think it's possible he may have transformed into a higher energy phantom who may return (or become visible/material again) once some of that energy from the blue-k has been used up.

Comment

2. In the episode Zod, we saw Clark in the Phantom Zone being attacked by 2 phantoms. Then we saw Raya showing up for the very 1st time with the crystal and used it on the phantoms. I have to go back and re-watch the scene, but do the phantoms get sucked into the crystal, or does it just repel them like a cross typically does to vampires in the movies?
              No, it just repels them. She tells Clark that's the only thing they're afraid of. They run off, so it must harm them somehow.

Comment

That's the whole point though. Raya used it against the phantoms and they fled. It would be a dumb premise for it to take in their essence only to return them back to a place that they're already at. So why would anyone think that it would send Zod or any others back to the Zone? Clark also admited to Martha after he killed Titan that he didn't know how to return them to the Zone. If that crystal was meant to send them back, then don't you think Raya would have explained that to Clark?

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El-073
                  That's the whole point though. Raya used it against the phantoms and they fled. It would be a dumb premise for it to take in their essence only to return them back to a place that they're already at. So why would anyone think that it would send Zod or any others back to the Zone? Clark also admited to Martha after he killed Titan that he didn't know how to return them to the Zone. If that crystal was meant to send them back, then don't you think Raya would have explained that to Clark?
                  Well, Clark in Combat fought Titan, who was not a phantom. Clark didn't know how to send the actual live, corporeal prisoners (like Aldar, Titan, and Gloria) back to the Phantom Zone. He knew the crystal worked on the phantoms. My big question was, when it was used on the phantoms (Baern, Zod, and Dr. Hudson), what happened to them--i.e. were they sucked in and trapped in the crystal, or did they get sent back to the Phantom Zone?

If LexLuv180 is right, then my best guess says the crystal works like this:

When used in the Phantom Zone, the crystal repels phantoms

When used anywhere but the Phantom Zone, the crystal sucks them in & sends them back to the Phantom Zone

Comment

2. In the episode Zod, we saw Clark in the Phantom Zone being attacked by 2 phantoms. Then we saw Raya showing up for the very 1st time with the crystal and used it on the phantoms. I have to go back and re-watch the scene, but do the phantoms get sucked into the crystal, or does it just repel them like a cross typically does to vampires in the movies? I ask this because if they got sucked into the crystal, where did they go? It would be pointless if they got sucked into the crystal only to return to the Phantom Zone to attack Clark & Raya again.

I still have yet to watch my season 6 DVD set and I got it the day it came out in the stores. If someone checks this out (in Zod) and can post what happened when the crystal was used against those phantoms, I think we can make total sense out of it.

I'm also not convinced that Bizarro is dead. I think it's possible he may have transformed into a higher energy phantom who may return (or become visible/material again) once some of that energy from the blue-k has been used up.
                    I've watched Season 6 on DVD twice now, in September and February, and I can't remember, probably because it won't matter in the long run (because I don't think Zod is coming back). But I will have to re-watch that scene to see what Raya's crystal did. Maybe tonight.

I, like many posters on this site, believe the SV Bizarro to be dead, but that other incarnations of Bizarro like Lex's clone of Superman from the comics can still exist someday. I took Bizarro exploding when Lana put the blue-K on him to mean that he died.

Comment

One of my greatest hopes for the finale this year is that Lex finds out how to create not only the classic Bizarro as he does in the comics, but also the entire Bizarro World and that Clark gets trapped in it. It would make a lot of sense if Bizarro is the way to control the traveler (i.e. making a copy of the traveler who could be tricked into doing Lex's bidding).

Comment

One of my greatest hopes for the finale this year is that Lex finds out how to create not only the classic Bizarro as he does in the comics, but also the entire Bizarro World and that Clark gets trapped in it. It would make a lot of sense if Bizarro is the way to control the traveler (i.e. making a copy of the traveler who could be tricked into doing Lex's bidding).
                        Hmmm... maybe they are hinting or foreshadowing at that sort of thing with the Bizarro storyline, and the clones that Lex has recently created in 33.1, Lana, and Julian. I could see that happening.

Originally posted by LexLuv180
                        No, it just repels them. She tells Clark that's the only thing they're afraid of. They run off, so it must harm them somehow.
                        I agree with xrayvision. The crystals must suck in the Phantoms and put them back in the Phantom Zone, but if you're already there, they repel.
                        Last edited by smallvillelogan; 03-28-2008, 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Phantom Zod could basically be the Fortress Battery now :P since the anit-phantom crystal was used to power up the fortress

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎