No announcement yet.

Is Zod dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Zod dead?

Kara asks Clark if he destroyed Zod, but he never really answers her question.

I just thought it was interesting how they brought up the entire conversation. I always assumed Zod was sent back to the Phantom Zone at the beginning of season 6.

If he was completely destroyed that means he will never come back to harass Clark as Superman. He'll probably never reappear on Smallville anyway, but this scene just got me thinking about in-universe continuity.

So is he gone for good?

The phantom of Zod is in the Phantom Zone, so to Clark, he probably is because he doesn't know anyother way, except for Brainiac to bring Zod back out.

And also the crystal he used to capture Zod was destroyed in "Phantom", so maybe even that made him think Zod is "dead".

Comment

I'm thinking no, isn't he in the Phantom Zone?

Comment

Yeah, so technically if his "phantom" is in the PZ, he could theoretically return once again if freed and given a suitable Kryptonian vessel to inhabit.

I just thought it was interesting how Clark sort of kept silent on the issue of whether or not Zod was destroyed. It was deliberate on his part, IMO.

Comment

Zod was trapped in the crystal in "Zod". The crystal was destroyed in "Phantom". Either the crystal sent Zod back to The Phantom Zone, or once the crystal was destroyed Zod may have either been a) destroyed also, or b) released.

Comment

They never really said what the crystal did considering the phantoms were afraid of it in the zone I don't find it to be a stretch to say Zod's dead.

Comment

Zod isn't "dead" for the same reason Braniac was never dead and Bizarro will never be dead. This is a comic book show, the super villains don't permanently die like that.

Comment

Zod and Baern escaped and found new vessels...wouldn't that be a treat for next season, lol.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                Zod isn't "dead" for the same reason Braniac was never dead and Bizarro will never be dead. This is a comic book show, the super villains don't permanently die like that.

Yes, Zod and Brainiac won't die, but Bizarro WAS Smallville's version, and I believe HE did die, but later on, Lex Luthor will create the real Bizarro, the comic-like version that also uses heat breath, freeze/ice vision, etc.
                Last edited by IamProdigy; 03-27-2008, 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I didn't really think Zod was "dead" either.

It was such a strange scene though. If both cousins think Zod is dead, it would make for an interesting future encounter. Probably something we'll never see, but the thought is still pretty provocative

Comment

^^^ And you gotta know that most things must remain open for discussion after Smallville ends...I mean, Superman in Metropolis thinking Zod is dead and finally seeing him, it'll shock the heck out of him, lol.

Comment

Clark may think that Zod is dead but, according to the mythos Zod comes back from the Phantom Zone in Superman II.

Comment

Doesn't Zod come back (ie escape the phantom zone) repeatedly in the Superboy and Superman comics?

Comment

The way they made it, I always guessed that Zod's phantom was consumed to repair the FOS, so that it no longer exists either, meaning no more Zod whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            The way they made it, I always guessed that Zod's phantom was consumed to repair the FOS, so that it no longer exists either, meaning no more Zod whatsoever.

Yeah but that was baern energy the restored the FOS

Comment

Originally posted by Angelous
                              Yeah but that was baern energy the restored the FOS
                              I always took it as the accumulation of all the energy stored in the crystal that restored the FOS, meaning Zod's phantom energy, Baern's phantom energy, and the energy that Baern had absorbed from Brainiac's power source.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎