No announcement yet.

Love it or hate it: Clana is over.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misstaken
    I'm not a Clana shipper, but I hope that they didn't put her in that state just so she can disappear of Clark's love life. I want an adult break up, one with both parties being aware that it doesn't work anymore.

If Clark dates other woman while Lana is in a coma, he will no longer be a gentleman.
    I'd like that too but this show is not known for it's healthy relationships. Alas, it's pretty obvious that KK's honeymoon with SV is over. I'm sure, the actress is looking forward to breaking out of her "Lana" shell. Her movie, Partition suggests she has potential to be a leading lady. We wish her well.

I also meant to add that Lana is always going to someone Clark loves and cares for deeply. His infatuation with his childhood sweetheart will definitely be over and done with but they'll always remain important to each other in this verse. She is after all the core three that the powers to be promote, time and time again.

Anyhoo...bon voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by MeKa
      ..............I also meant to add that Lana is always going to someone Clark loves and cares for deeply. His infatuation with his childhood sweetheart will definitely be over and done with but they'll always remain important to each other in this verse. She is after all the core three that the powers to be promote, time and time again.

Anyhoo...bon voyage.
      Yes, of course, there is no one, I guess, who's able to forget his first love or his childhood sweatheart. Those will have a special place in one's heart forever, even when you're happily married with a different person later in your life. That's how it goes and why should it be different with superman's heart?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
        Well whatever, at least we don't have to watch it anymore
        Thank god!

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
        Thing is they don't love eachother, Clark and Lana seem to idealize eachother and have a relationship built on that
        Exactly!

And if this is how Clark and Lana break up then it's a total cop-out on the writers' part. ---The only possible reason i could see them doing that would be to satisfy the Clana fans....

....but i think they are doing their young fans more harm than good by perpetuating that ridiculous notion that shallow "love" based on surface beauty, fantasies, fairytale, and insecurities is an everlasting love.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasise
          Yes, of course, there is no one, I guess, who's able to forget his first love or his childhood sweatheart. Those will have a special place in one's heart forever, even when you're happily married with a different person later in your life. That's how it goes and why should it be different with superman's heart?
          Not sure if you're being sarcastic? Nonetheless, this is Smallville. And this superman ain't super. Remnants of Clana will remain...for a while at least.

Comment

Originally posted by smalls27
            I don't think it's over I think it's just a speed bump

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

why has't ck proposed?
            Because I don't think he really believes that she's the person he will be with for the rest of his life, if he did, he would've done it by now. At the end of "Siren" he said he wasn't sure what the future held for them.

He was going to do it in s5 "Reckoning", but that didn't turn out so well. After that, I knew he'd most likely never marry her.

Comment

Personally, I think Bizarro was right and that Clark doesn't really love Lana so much as having someone to love. The relationship will dissolve because she can't participate. I also tend to believe Clark is with Lana because of the investment they've both committed to instead of a great love for each other.

And I agree with someone who said that when she returns, she will opt out because the danger is too great for her combined with seeing that he doesn't love her like before. He will have moved on with his training and such.

Comment

Originally posted by MeKa
                Not sure if you're being sarcastic? Nonetheless, this is Smallville. And this superman ain't super. Remnants of Clana will remain...for a while at least.
                No, I didn't ment it sarcastic at all. I only tried to explain, that there's always a special place in one's heart for the first love. You'll never forget that person and IMO Clark will always have feelings for Lana, but they will change into "only" friendship and nothing more.
                Lana will always be his childhood sweetheart, his big, first love but Lois will be his soulmate and his partner for life - well, at least as long as she lives.
                That doesn't mean, that he will stop having tender feelings for Lana - they'll always be friends, IMO.

Comment

ok Clana is NOT over....i mean the love between them is still there..i think this will make clark appreciate lana more..lana is truly loyal to clark...that scene in veritas made me cry

CLANA FOREVER!!! <33

Comment

just think that most of the Anti clana's expect way too good a breakup that will make it seem like the Last seven years of Clana deeply loving each other didn't exist!
                    Actually this is precisely what I expect to happen.

What I mean is while I might think Clark genuinely loved her, I am also firmly convinced one of the significant subplots of this show is that she is a meteor freak. So he was, and everyone really has been, obsessed with protecting her far more than they were actually in love with her. I believe it was set up in the pilot, and the crucifiction scene is a symbolic representation of the central conflict of the series.
                    Last edited by Black Panda; 04-02-2008, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panda
                      Actually this is precisely what I expect to happen.

What I mean is while I might think Clark genuinely loved her, I am also firmly convinced one of the significant subplots of this show is that she is a meteor freak. So he was, and everyone really has been, obsessed with protecting her far more than they were actually in love with her. I believe it was set up in the pilot, and the crucifiction scene is a symbolic representation of the central conflict of the series.
                      Sorry, but which scene do you call "crucifiction scene" ???

I don't agree with Lana being a meteor freak. Come on, this would be so over the top!
                      Since the first episode of season 7, I was believing, that Lana would turn out to be a clone - but I guess, she neither is a clone nor a meteor freak.
                      But we can never be sure of anything. Maybe in the next episode we will know better?

Comment

I hate to admit this, but when I saw Lana at the stove and later heard Brainiac explain Lana was in excruciating pain but could not express it; also that she was fully aware of everything happening to her I silently re joyed. Then I immediately felt guilty and very twisted which made me realize how long I have been suppressing my boredom with Clana and hoping the series would do something with the Lana character other than treat her like a sex kitten/eye candy. I have resented her manipulation of the Clark Kent character for so long I experienced an unhealthy and disgusting reaction to her character's situation. I'm embarrassed and rather ashamed of the reaction but I'm probably not the only person to feel that way.

This isn't supposed to happen in the Superman mythos. I am glad Lana will only have a small part to play from here out. They ruined the character of Lana Lang.

Comment

Is Clana over?

Yes, almost, and THANKFULLY!

Comment

how many times have people said that clana is over anyway??
                            i think that its is not yet over because KK will be back next season, so most probably they will end it in season 8 and i think it would be the reason why lana would leave smallville. I mean she said it herself that she only came back because of clark

Comment

Watched Siren, AGAIN tonight......AWESOME epi ! EXCEPT for the "forced" Clana. MOST fans, don't care anymore !!! She married Lex, slept w/ an evil CK for a month, and we can get past this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yasise
                                No, I didn't ment it sarcastic at all. I only tried to explain, that there's always a special place in one's heart for the first love. You'll never forget that person and IMO Clark will always have feelings for Lana, but they will change into "only" friendship and nothing more.
                                Lana will always be his childhood sweetheart, his big, first love but Lois will be his soulmate and his partner for life - well, at least as long as she lives.
                                That doesn't mean, that he will stop having tender feelings for Lana - they'll always be friends, IMO.
                                I agree and feel the same way. We seem to share mostly the same opinions on the show, don't we? They lost their virginity to each other, went through life crisis together, etc. She'll always be important to him, just not in the romantic sense later on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎