Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it or hate it: Clana is over.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a Clana shipper, but I hope that they didn't put her in that state just so she can disappear of Clark's love life. I want an adult break up, one with both parties being aware that it doesn't work anymore.

If Clark dates other woman while Lana is in a coma, he will no longer be a gentleman.

Comment

I think we will just get a bunch of episodes of Clark sobbing beside a wheelchair bound Lana. At least until Braniac comes back, and then it would probably depend on KK's contract for next year on if we lose Clana or not. As long as Lana is around there will be Clark angst and suffering over the relationship it is SV.

Comment

that doesnt mean they are over. I can imagine this event will lead to them parting ways, but that doesnt mean they are over now. Clark will stick by lana through this, modtly out of guilt but definately because he cares and loves her. everyone knows that they don't end up together, so those who are clana haters, dont have to put them down so much til they do, or be so vocal when bad things happen. Atleast let them part ways on better terms for those of us who actually enjoy the pairing, and let us enjoy the time they have together til they really do part..

Comment

Me thinks that as long as Lana is around Clana is not over. Now when KK leaves then.....

Comment

I don't think that clana is over because of Lana in a catatonic state. I believe that clana will be over because Kristin Kreuk is leaving the series. A break-up will be inevitable, because Lana being in 4-5 episodes out of 22, makes the relationship impossible. The break up will probably happen next season, for whatever reason they decided it to be. In fact, it could be because Lana is freaked out after what happened with Brainiac, it could be because Clark is freaked out after what happened with Lana, or it could be because Lana wants him to be free to save the world. There is no way they could maintain a relationship with Kristin gone.

However, clana being over doesn't equal to Clark dating. In fact, I would expect him to be alone and trying to discover himself and his destiny next season. It will be, after all, the last season, and he has to become closer to his iconic self.

IMO, believing that Clark will suddenly start dating Lois (when she is not even interested in him) or Chloe right after breaking up with Lana is so unreasonable as believing that clana can go on with Lana gone. It is not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
              The break up will probably happen next season, for whatever reason they decided it to be. In fact, it could be because Lana is freaked out after what happened with Brainiac, it could be because Clark is freaked out after what happened with Lana, or it could be because Lana wants him to be free to save the world. There is no way they could maintain a relationship with Kristin gone.
              Those are good ways, but like a previous poster said, I want an adult break-up, and a real break-up. Not a break-up because of this Romeo and Juliette crap where two persons can't be togheter for some stupid reason. Lois will lose all of her miportance if Clark is with her because things were impossible with Lana. clark has to realize he doesn't love Lana, and that she isn't the type of girl he needs.
              Last edited by Martin le Magicien; 03-28-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                Well whatever, at least we don't have to watch it anymore

Show might improve
                Ya, i agree

Comment

Originally posted by sherban1988
                  I don't exactly like that Lana is tortured by Brainiac (that IS what's hapening), but yeah, I'm glad Clana is over for good. R.I.P. CLana.
                  Oh and don't wory CK, you feel pain and sadness now, but Lois will be there for you
                  Ditto.

Comment

I'm so sick and tired of this back and forth stuff. Just when we think their bringing more of Lois they don't. It's sad that they are beating a dead horse into the ground. I mean cmon I've been done with lana and clark after Whitney in season one. It's just sad because majority of the audience wants this to start picking up with clark and lois and they were heading in the right direction with that after their beautiful talk they had together once ollie was out of the way. Then WHAT HAPPENS ....lois isn't in a show for like A MONTH! It's pathetic...that this crap is still going on. And yet there is another season (which i'm happy about due to the strike and all this part 1 and part 2 of season seven) but let's step it up and give the people what we have been waiting to happen ever since season 4 when miss.lane arrived. It's the least they could do for the great tom welling and clark kent.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin le Magicien
                      Those are good ways, but like a previous poster said, I want an adult break-up, and a real break-up. Not a break-up because of this Romeo and Juliette crap where two persons can't be togheter for some stupid reason. Lois will lose all of her miportance if Clark is with her because things were impossible with Lana. clark has to realize he doesn't love Lana, and that she isn't the type of girl he needs.
                      Amen.

The only thing that bothers me though is that it seems impossible to have that kind of break up with the catatonic storyline. Will she come out of it and they'll try living together again? I don't think so. Will she be scarred by this? That would make every other relationship they'll have worthless (because unworthy of the ''great love'' they had). I hope Clark and Lana will find out on their own (without the catatonic state storyline) that they aren't ''meant'' for each other.

I'm really wondering what TPTB will come up with to break up Clana and I sure hope that isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Misstaken
                        I'm really wondering what TPTB will come up with to break up Clana and I sure hope that isn't it.
                        Lana will probably break-up with Clark to marry Lionel Luthor

Comment

That would be so sad. Lana marrying one of the few characters she hasn't dated yet. What would they come up with next? Jimmy would be her secret lover?

Comment

Or Jonathan clone. I think she actually dated every male character around her age but the one she dates in the comics.

Wouah, t'es du Québec, t'es la première personne que je croise qui vient de chez nous

Comment

I don't think the PTB had, originally, any intention of having Lana in a catatonic state for the rest of the season. We have to keep in mind that this was supposed to be Lana's cliffhanger for the next season. Kristin didn't film it after the strike ended: she did the shooting before, when there was not supposed to be more episodes for this season.

I believe that Lana would be ok in the next episode, if the strike went on or if Kristin was avaible to come back for the rest of the season. Then, Lana would be back, have a couple more of episodes, and she would leave.

But the truth is that, with Kristin not avaible, this certainly provided the writers with a good excluse for her not being here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                                Well it is not over officially, but this is definitely the beginning of the end. He is obviously not going to break up with her while she is catatonic. But I do agree that this experience will cause her to grow distant from Clark once she wakes up. They will break up on their own terms though, but with this as the final catalyst.
                                I agree! Once she wakes up, and she will wake up sometime in the first half of season 8, she and Clark will pick up where they left of, but she won't be able to help it, and will eventually come to resent Clark for indirectly placing her in harms way, because well he did do just that! Of course directly it isn't his fault, and he can't be held accauntable for Brainiac's actions, but indirectly Brainiac wanted to beat Clark, get Kara to follow him, and he used Lana to do it! And as much as I dislike the character, noboy deserves that kind of torture! Being in pain, feeling, seeing, hearing everythinn, but not being able to move or even twich a muscle, that's just beyond cruel, and even I have simpathy for her and wouldn't hold against her, if she directed at least some of her resentment towards Clark!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎