Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Chloe have called Oliver and used the League instead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Chloe have called Oliver and used the League instead?

Ok, so Chloe knows Clark is in trouble. Kara is AmnesiaGirl and in Lex's clutches. Rather than call Oliver and tell him to get his green butt (or better yet send Bart!) over there, she decides to take a chance and head to the Fortress.

Not to mention that whoever took Clark used Kryptonite. Kara is vulnerable to Kryptonite. Does it make sense to send her in there then? I don't think so.

I know why (in RL terms) they had to use Kara but I still say it would have made more sense to send in the League (or again, Bart).

Anyone else think so?

I was thinking the same exact thing (I just watched the episode). But logic-wise, it is very unfortunate that they couldn't have the JL reunite to sav Clark. All info and guesses say that Chloe should have indeed called Ollie. It sucks. It would have been so cool.

But, it's stupid that this is the only way Kara could get her memory back and save Clark. A big plot hole is that the place is surrounded with refined reinforced kryptonite, so it should have stopped Kara (I'm pretty sure Lana mentioned this when looking at what the building was made of). Regardless, Lionel should have thought ahead and considered the possibility that Kara could save Clark.

But man, I really do wish Ollie came back to save the day, especially with Black Canary! Now that would've been great!

Anyone agree?

Comment

Maybe she did call them, and they were occupied or too far away to be of any real assistance?

Comment

Though it would've been cool to have the JL help, I think Chloe did the best possible thing by taking Kara to the Fortress.

She didn't have any time, and that was the most obvious choice to get Kara's memory back.

Comment

I guess she would had called the league as a last resort. I mean does the league knows all of Clark's secrets? His weaknesses, his alien origin and so on? Maybe she tried with someone she knows knows it all first and if that didn't worked he would had called the league to help. You know like a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by clearheatvision
            But, it's stupid that this is the only way Kara could get her memory back and save Clark. A big plot hole is that the place is surrounded with refined reinforced kryptonite, so it should have stopped Kara (I'm pretty sure Lana mentioned this when looking at what the building was made of).
            I'm pretty sure there was a mention of lead shielding, too. So until she burst through the door she wouldn't have been effected, and when she did get through the door she immediately took out the source of kryptonite in that room by heat visioning the machine.

Comment

I was thinking since Clark getting Kara her memory back was the orginal plan (why clark was in the barn when he was caught). so I thought that was why getting Kara her memory back was plan A. if that didn't work I figured then Chloe would seek out the JL.

Comment

As great an episode as Traveler was, there were several plotholes in it. The one being discussed is no different. I think it was essential to the story for them to get Kara rather than call Ollie. They not only had to rescue Clark, but they also had to save Kara from Lex, so in that regard it makes sense.

Comment

Hmmm not sure. I guess since they were already trying to restore Kara's memory, this made more sense to Chloe at the time.

Comment

They had to get Kara's memory back somehow......

Comment

actually, I think using Kara as plan A made the most sense. clark was in urgent danger. kara barely showed up on time as it was.

think about it, the JLA doesn't do anything without a plan in place. when they knock out 33.1 factories, they do it with an attack plan in their heads well beforehand. they knew not only the blueprints but where to put bombs in order to destroy the structure. all chloe had on this place was the list of materials that went into building it and a record of its power surges in the recent past.

also, what kind of advantage would any of them have had once in that tiny lead box, except that they wouldn't melt down within five feet of the cage? Green Arrow could shoot his arrow at the controls, maybe, and Black Canary could scream at the window and make Pierce and Lionel dive for cover very dramatically. Aqualad is sure out of luck, Bart zips in and... runs in circles... and maybe Cyborg could hack the controls OH WAIT GREEN ARROW ALREADY SHOT THEM.

and the main reason kara was the best choice? speed. the only person faster than clark, running, is bart. flying is another matter, though, because in lore, if superman were to lift his feet off the ground and fly while the flash ran, he'd blur past the poor sucker. so once chloe uses the instant-travel portal key she's had since the opening credits finished, she spends maybe two minutes hollering at clark's dad and kara zips off to (change clothes and then) kick some ass.

QED

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                        I'm pretty sure there was a mention of lead shielding, too. So until she burst through the door she wouldn't have been effected, and when she did get through the door she immediately took out the source of kryptonite in that room by heat visioning the machine.
                        Thats right. And kudos to you for bringing that up. A few posts up someone made a claim that the whole building was made of Kryptonite. Not the case. Just the cell.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ken_Carlo
                        kara zips off to (change clothes and then) kick some ass.

QED
                        I lol'd at that too.
                        Last edited by MethosII; 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maybe they were out of town.

They don't have superspeed (except Bart).

Comment

Some really good points that I hadn't thought of, guys! I'm pretty sure that neither Ollie nor any of the league knows about Clark's true origins or about Kryptonite so yeah, Chloe would have lost valuable time explaining that (or trying to; after all not her her secret to tell).

I do think that should could have put in a call to Bart who could have been there faster than even Kara and gotten Clark out of it but maybe Bart was on a JL mission and not reachable.

But yeah, if Kara hadn't been able to get Clark I'm sure Chloe was thinking of the League as Plan B.

Comment

I still don't get why Chloe was thinking Kara could be the only one if she kneew about the Kryptonite. I guess she assumed Kara would find a way around it like she did.

Calling the Justice League would take time the only one who could super speed in was bart. Unless they got a jet or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎