Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's supposed to be his worst nightmare... seemed like a walk in the park!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's supposed to be his worst nightmare... seemed like a walk in the park!

I loved the episode in every way except one, and that bugs me alot

I mean Lana's 'ill kill him if he hurts clark' thing was perfect, and said with this cold simplicity. Chloe's reasoning with Jor-el was heart felt. Lionel's stuttering attemtps at an explanation showed how frightened of loosing clark he is, and lex wiping the blood off patricia's necklace with this intregued look on his face was really chilling.

But Clark showed nothing.

Ever since he was tiny his parents drilled into him to keep his secret, because they were afraid someone would take him away and keep him locked up and study him. He has probably had hundreds of nightmares about a man like peirce. A sadistic man who would call him a freak and hurt him.

It happened! well not the studying part, but the torture and the calling him a freak and being locked up. Why wasn't he more terrified. It was just terrible acting. I felt no emotion from Clark the whole time he was in that cage. I wanted to see terror in his eyes, something actually dramatic.

Then when he was out, and he said 'i'll deal with lionel' i thought there might be hope of seeing this drama. The man he trusted even after everything he had done, just put him through the most horrible experiance of his life. I expect him to be so angry, to yell at him, to look at him in complete disgust.

Didn't get that either. He just looked a little annoyed, and kinda dissapointed. I would have spat in Lionel's face!

It just let the whole episode down for me.

Hmmmm...well I've already said a few times I think Clark shows less emotion in general in every way this entire season. I did see fear in his face and mainly defiance/fighting spirit with the entrapment though. I really wasn't overly disappointedly there, I thought his acting during the pain scenes was great, and the fight at the barn. His fighting spirit seemed to come through more than extreme fear (which I think was there), and when Pierce called him a freak, I saw a flash of hurt on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
      It's supposed to be his worst nightmare... seemed like a walk in the park!
      Yep. I thought he was going to fall asleep at one point.
      Heck, he was face down on the ground for prob. 85% of the show. zzzzzzzz

Comment

hahahahaha

too true... i wanted more 'you'll never get away with this, just let me go, what do you want from me' yellings

Hmmmm...well I've already said a few times I think Clark shows less emotion in general in every way this entire season. I did see fear in his face and mainly defiance/fighting spirit with the entrapment though. I really wasn't overly disappointedly there, I thought his acting during the pain scenes was great, and the fight at the barn. His fighting spirit seemed to come through more than extreme fear (which I think was there), and when Pierce called him a freak, I saw a flash of hurt on his face.
        i didnt see much of his fighting spirit tbh... he kept quite and just lay there most of the time. i did see the flash of hurt, and there was some fear... but it wasnt strong enough... i dont know if you've seen the end of Roswell season 1, but check it out

in that, Max is visibly petrified, and by the end, completely defeated. when isobel enters his mind, she comes out so shaken that she is crying, because he is so scared. thats real.

this was just another gimmick... ohhhh a kryptonite cage, cool

Comment

I would have figured the Kryptonian cage would have hurt him more when it wasn't turned up higher, too. I mean, a small necklace can make him fall to his knees, but being in a cage where it's hardly turned up didn't phase him at first?

Comment

If there was EVER a time for Clark's ears to have bleed (ligitimately, not like in Siren), it was when the power was cranked up to 100.

Comment

yeah also he couldn't really show much fear and anger or so when he's in so much pain from kryptonite. I think thats how tom went towards it. The majority of the episode was clark in pain.

Comment

well yeah, but the fear doesnt extend to just while he was in the cage

it shud have shaken him up a bit at the least... maybe he would have been a bit jumpy when people walk in... it's plausible that he now gets anxious everytime he is in the barn, gets flashbacks... it should have been a traumatic experiance... but he seemed just fine to me

besides when he wasnt in pain in the cage, he just seemd annoyed

Comment

Clark was too much in pain to show any other emotions. But I have to admit I was kind of disappointed by the effects of the cage on him, I mean he could even stand up! Yet, when someone takes a tiny meteor rock out, he falls to the ground.... Weird!

Comment

Why couldn't he use his XRAYVISION to look into the room above?

Comment

I suppose because Kryptonite made him temporarily powerless??

Comment

Do me a favor. Go get locked up in a cage that is electrified, and have the intensity constantly changed and intensified so that you are completely drained and knocking on death's door. Then tell me Clark being in a kryptonite cage was a walk in the park.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
                        Clark was too much in pain to show any other emotions. But I have to admit I was kind of disappointed by the effects of the cage on him, I mean he could even stand up! Yet, when someone takes a tiny meteor rock out, he falls to the ground.... Weird!
                        There were times when he was on the cage writing on the ground, when the intensity was at its highest. Remember that the intensity was raised and lowered. I imagine those rocks that he falls to the ground with are some kind of super-intense meteor rocks, and the ones we've seen him fight through or super-speed away from are of a lower intensity. In the cage they went through various levels and at lower intensities he was able to function much like he does near those lower intensities of meteor rocks, and when they upped the levels, he was writhing on the ground.
                        Last edited by MidgardDragon; 03-21-2008, 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                          Do me a favor. Go get locked up in a cage that is electrified, and have the intensity constantly changed and intensified so that you are completely drained and knocking on death's door. Then tell me Clark being in a kryptonite cage was a walk in the park.
                          did you even read my post? i never implied he wasn't in pain, i was talking about the phsycological impact seeming like a walk in the park

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                            hahahahaha

too true... i wanted more 'you'll never get away with this, just let me go, what do you want from me' yellings

i didnt see much of his fighting spirit tbh... he kept quite and just lay there most of the time.
                            Yeah, but had he had he not been laid out the whole episode or had he used any of his powers, there would have been the same issues that people had last episode. Some seemed upset that Clark got near Kryptonite, yet was still able to throw a huge palette of gum across a room. Had Clark not been laid out, some fans would have been upset that "he's not as effected by Kryptonite anymore."

Comment

dont get me wrong, i personally have no problem with the way the physical representation of his pain was portrayed

just the mental

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎