No announcement yet.

Missed opportunities in Traveler

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed opportunities in Traveler

I thought the biggest missed opportunity was the chance to explain how the key got to Virgil Swann at the end of Legacy. I was really hoping that when Clark read the journal in the end, he would have found that out.

killing off patricia so soon was a missed opportunity.
    she could have been a GREAT character for the show.

Comment

I think the last conversation in the episode between Clark and Lionel would have been a good opportunity for the former to ask the latter why he had Kara's bracelet locked up in his vault in his office.

Comment

The only one I think I'll agree with (assuming someone doesn't post something that blows my mind and is sooo obvious that they should have done) is that Patricia should have been set up as a recurring star, not killed off.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by WookieeBoy
        I think the last conversation in the episode between Clark and Lionel would have been a good opportunity for the former to ask the latter why he had Kara's bracelet locked up in his vault in his office.
        The generalizations about Lionel's loyalties was enough to cover that.
        Last edited by MidgardDragon; 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          I thought the biggest missed opportunity was the chance to explain how the key got to Virgil Swann at the end of Legacy. I was really hoping that when Clark read the journal in the end, he would have found that out.
          well, Clark has one of a few diaries of Dr. Swann - that left the door open for

1) Clark to read the one diary he has to find out info and
          2) to find the other diaries if they have more info - just my take on it anyway.

Still tie-in Dr. Swann even if his daughter is now gone - her being gone would further Clark's need to read everything he could that Swann knew - at least, again, that's my take on it - not sure if that's the way it'll go or not......

Comment

I agree with jimmyolsenblues, once patricia said she was going to get a crib in Metropolis, I was like yesss!!
            I could envision, CK coming to her for help and advice. She had a very motherly way with him. We could of learned sooo much more!
            Last edited by alienkinfolk; 03-20-2008, 07:19 PM. Reason: i type to slow-lol

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              The only one I think I'll agree with (assuming someone doesn't post something that blows my mind and is sooo obvious that they should have done) is that Patricia should have been set up as a recurring star, not killed off.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

The generalizations about Lionel's loyalties was enough to cover that.
              exactly, Patricia Swan didn't seem to have an big role, even though she was there the whole episode.

I wish she would have answered some questions about Veritas or gone in depth a lil more atleast.

Comment

like always....they would rather make more screen time for clana and other petty issues, then address the potent issues that pertain to the superman legacy.

Comment

Its so bad when they just kill people off when they don't know what else to do with them. Like Grant, Raya, and Patrica. They use killing as an excuse. I had a feeling Patricia might die. Clark was just trapped in the cage the whole time.

This doesn't have anything to do with this episode, but Kara finally got her memory back, before there was no point in her haveing amnesia, I mean why? What did she have amnesia for? It was too weird. Kara and Lex seemed to be starting a new relationship for this show. Like the usuall, Lana, Clark's ex married to the enemy when she has no clue that he's a bad guy, and Clark is just protecting her.

Kara didn't do anything at the Luthor mansion or at the farm. When Kara was back at the farm and when she still had amnesia, we didn't see her with Clark at all. That was just bizarre. We only saw her hang out with Lex. That's pretty terrible to not write this in their episodes.

Kara finally got her memory back. Feels a bit better now, but it looked like something was going to continue on because the amnesic Kara thought Clark was bad to her because Lex told her that, but nothing ever happened when Kara had amnesia. It sucked anyways.
                  Last edited by Mr. Clark Kent27; 03-20-2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Jor-El's voice

I was really expecting Terence Stamp during the Fortress scene

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                      Jor-El's voice

I was really expecting Terence Stamp during the Fortress scene
                      MEEEEE TOOOOO!!!!

I really wanted a scene similar to the one in "Zod" when Jor-El talked to Martha.

LOVE LOVE LOVED THAT SCENE!

I kept waiting for Terence's booming majestic voice to say, "CHLOE SULLIVAN, FRIEND OF KAL-EL, WHY HAVE YOU COME?"

But alas - just some bright lights and fortress noises.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        They do have an extra season comming up so they gotta fill it with something. Might as well tie up some loose ends and chase a few rabbits on the way.

Comment

argghhhhh! the writers should have not killed off Patricia...

Comment

Jor-El didn't even talk...

Comment

In their defense....killing off Patricia Swan was the thing to do if the next episode (Veritas) was to be the last one of the season.

Since it is not, we really probably could have used the character for a couple more episodes (in the present). Where she plays cat and mouse games with the Luthers....end result being the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎