Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more stupid can they show Clark to be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
    Can't an alien be caught off guard!
    I wish that would fit above my avatar lol..... that made me laugh!

Comment

Yeah I was wondering why Clark didn't hear them coming........

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
        Can't an alien be caught off guard!
        Yes, but on so many occasions? That's my problem. Check out how he is captured by Morgan Edge in Phoenix and compare that to the way he was captured here. I didn't think of him as a BDA in Phoenix since he was protecting his family & gave himself up.

A smart way of him getting captured would have been for Lionel to have copied Chloe's voice and synthesized it so that he gets a call from "synthesized Chloe" telling him she's in danger and where she is so that Clark goes there & runs into a trap. With a little effort in writing, they can avoid the BDA portrayal.

Comment

I was shouting at my TV when they were hunting Clark, "Superspeed! Superspeed!"

Comment

xrayvision, when you are running a show that's in it's seventh season, and is loved by everybody and no one ever comes up with the silliest nitpicks, come talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
              xrayvision, when you are running a show that's in it's seventh season, and is loved by everybody and no one ever comes up with the silliest nitpicks, come talk to me.
              Yeah, I got you. I know the BDA thing won't end until the final season (or maybe even the final episodes). I just don't like a lightswitch approach. I'm done talking about it anymore in this thread.

Comment

If you don't wanna talk about it, you shouldn't have started the thread, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                  If you don't wanna talk about it, you shouldn't have started the thread, bro.
                  It's not that. It's that I've said all that I had to say. I won't bother making future threads about this because I know it won't be resolved until the end of the series.

Comment

I can't get over the amount of green-k, some can get their hands on. Isn't it considered rare ?

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                      I can't get over the amount of green-k, some can get their hands on. Isn't it considered rare ?
                      Not in Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        It's not that. It's that I've said all that I had to say. I won't bother making future threads about this because I know it won't be resolved until the end of the series.
                        Oh. Sorry, I misread your post.

In regards to your first, I don't think the opening really stretched believability (word?). After Clark first got hit with the krypto-dart, he was still a bit dazed.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jazel
                        The town was hit with two meteor showers, both carrying meteors filled with kryptonite. The town is the "Meteor Capital of the World."

Not really.
                        Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I kept thinking superspeed too. Seriously I think Clark's just so unused to being discovered and so used to doing most things the human way, he doesn't use his abilities yet enough on a regular basis (like opening the super hearing)

Comment

Superman's been captured before. He's not perfect as an adult, either.

That's one of the reasons Clark became Superman was so his enemies would have someone to focus on. It's like a safety-net; he's always alert and ready to fight when he's in the suit (doesn't always win, but...). As future Clark Kent, that secret identity allows him to take a breather. No one can be focused and on-guard 24 hours a day. Not even alien.

I say that he was caught off guard by being attacked in a place he normally feels safe--home. Why is that such a BDA move? I think it's very human of him.

Comment

I dunno about super hearing.

Should he have used his super-hearing to listen if his girlfriend was coming? Or at least he thought that his girlfriend was coming? He said "Lana?" when he heard the noise and then he was shot with the taser thing. If he used them and it was Lana, then I'd say that he's being slightly paranoid like what Nerial said about him being attacked in a place where he feels safe.

Comment

He is not 50 years old to have the maturity for certain things... He is HOME! how do you dress when you are home? with very little to no protection... he is saying.. LANA? come on.. again.. he is trying to have a NORMAL LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎