Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
      the Jor-el we hear in SV is a computer programmed to guide Clark in his journey. He never told Clark not to fall for a human. When Clark took Lana to the fortress to propose in Reckoning, Jor-el didn't object it or tried to stop him.

While Jor-el fell in love with a human, he was going to return to Krypton to fulfil his destiny, leaving Louise behind. I think that's one the reasons why he's always warning Clark about allowing human emotions to cloud his judgement, because in the end, it was his recklessness during his visit to Earth what got Louise killed.

I agree, the only reason why Jor-el listened to Chloe's words it's because Clark was in danger and needed help. I don't think he cares about Chloe's feelings at all.

But you're ignoring a very important fact. Clark lives on Earth. He can't go back to Krypton.

If Jor-el had to live here, do you think he would be any different?

Comment

• Originally posted by JFalcon
        But you're ignoring a very important fact. Clark lives on Earth. He can't go back to Krypton.

If Jor-el had to live here, do you think he would be any different?
        probably, but that would be a completely different show.

Comment

• the Jor-el we hear in SV is a computer programmed to guide Clark in his journey. He never told Clark not to fall for a human. When Clark took Lana to the fortress to propose in Reckoning, Jor-el didn't object it or tried to stop him.

While Jor-el fell in love with a human, he was going to return to Krypton to fulfil his destiny, leaving Louise behind. I think that's one the reasons why he's always warning Clark about allowing human emotions to cloud his judgement, because in the end, it was his recklessness during his visit to Earth what got Louise killed.
          very true

Comment

• The irony about this thread is I had no idea what it was about and didn't want to see what it was about, but I happened to catch that line when watching the episode today.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Also, to answer the poll, I'd say it was platonic...it's not like she said "I'm in love with your son."
            Last edited by Bane; 01-05-2009, 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• If Clark didn't love the people of Earth, why would he want to protect them? He would have to have a deep emotional connection to humans to really care. Which means he would likely fall in love with a few of the local hotties.

Comment

• Chloe loves her friends

Comment

• I think it's neither. Chloe loves Clark on a level that goes beyond mere friendship or romance.

Comment

• When Chloe said that she was determined to save him, so I quess rule out romantic, but at the same time save him the only way she could. If that is considered love the fill in the space... because that a hard one to answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch
                      I also liked when she said to Lana in the car "If it's to save Clark, I'd climb Mount Everest."
                      I loved that line too .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cellist
                        I think it's neither. Chloe loves Clark on a level that goes beyond mere friendship or romance.
                        Interesting way of looking at it, Cellist. I like the way you think, here. I still love this line, and it's one of the ones I point to the most often when people say that Chloe moved on from loving Clark ages ago. This quote obviously, in my mind, states that the opposite is true.

Comment

• Great Line and mabey my favorite part of that ep! Chloe would def climb any mountain or do whatever it takes to save clark, it was a great moment when she said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
                            Great Line and mabey my favorite part of that ep! Chloe would def climb any mountain or do whatever it takes to save clark, it was a great moment when she said that.
                            My whole problem with the scene was Clark should be the one restoring Kara's memories, the fact the writers could care less about Clark really turned me off to this episode

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
                              My whole problem with the scene was Clark should be the one restoring Kara's memories, the fact the writers could care less about Clark really turned me off to this episode
                              I deff see where your coming from, Clark in a cage for the whole ep didnt really "hype" me up for this, But i really liked the chloe line in the fortress. I guess it was the writers strike for the patchy writing? ya think?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎