TV Ratings for #7-14 "Traveler"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did a good job of promoting these recent episodes because for a while we all thought the season was ending. I believe there will be a bunch of viewers, hopefully 5 million. If you think about it though, there was nothing really revolutionary about this episode, it was just good and intense. On the two episodes that scored in the 5 mill--one was the season premiere and the other was chloe trying to remove her meteor power..and those were both big pivotal points in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
      i have a bad feeling that it will be less than 3.81 million viewers... i hope i am wrong...
      I do too. This was an outstanding episode and tied in quite a few plotlines from previous seasons. It deserves a much higher viewership than it's getting this season.

Comment

I hope it's a lot of viewers, and with "Veritas" and "Apocalypse" they should totally try for a ratings boost.

Comment

Fast nationals.

the CW’s depressed Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.41 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4).

Comment

Bummer, thats unfortunate. It was such a great episode. But after lasts weeks ep, I'm not surprised it lost a bit of ground.

Comment

I really wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA tournament HAD hurt Smallville. My own fiance DVRed it so he could watch the tournament. If my team's game hadn't come on AFTER Smallville, I probably would have done the same thing.

Comment

Well, percentage wise Smallville is the second most DVR'd show on any network, only trailing Lost. You can normally add close to one million viewers to every broadcast of Smallville.

Comment

Man that sucks. Here's hoping this is one of those rare instances when the finals give it a significant bump.

Comment

hopefully the final numbers will go up a little bit..

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
                      Do any Smallville fans get into NCAA basketball? I'd hoped there were more guys like me who love superheroes but never got into sports. Am I alone in the world? I would pick Smallville over something I'd actually LIKE to watch (but if it was "Chuck" I'd have to tape it.)
                      Basketball is my favorite thing in the world, so I was devotedly watching Smallville and switching over to CBS during the commercials. I think the NCAA Tournament would take away from the ratings. It always hurts every other network because March Madness is such a big deal.

Comment

when do they release the final numbers, i hope it will go up above 3.5...

Comment

I think the promotional effort has backfired because recently they've been trying to advertise to long time viewers of SV instead of reaching out to people who don't know what the heck is going on.

It doesn't help that those who never watched Smallville back from 2001-2004 (S1-S3) won't get many of the aspects of the S7 spoiler images in the trailers. They didn't know or care about Pete, they don't understand why many of us think Lionel may/may not still be the MB. And those are/were the most gripping aspects of the last trailers! Sure we loyal viewers were a little bit excited but that type of advertising won't entice new and off-and-on viewers.

Season 5 and 6 were good at more than a few things. One of those were advertising to people who are clueless about the show. The concepts of the shows often introduced new characters as victims of evil schemes and heroes rather than fotw's like Aqua, Vengeance, Cyborg, Arrow, Justice, Aqua, Fragile, Progency, and Subterranean.

Here's a generalized thought by many:
                          Traveler did nothing vital to further the storyline other than bring Kara's memory back.

Comment

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
                            Here's a generalized thought by many:
                            Traveler did nothing vital to further the storyline other than bring Kara's memory back.
                            A generalized thought that virtually no one has stated since the episode aired....is a generalization how, exactly??? I can't see anyone, even new viewers, not seeing more to it than that. We saw the introduction of a society we previously knew virtually nothing about, we saw Kara get her memory back, we saw Lionel's entire character arc develop in significant ways, and we saw Lex getting closer to Clark's secret by finding out about Veritas.

Comment

final numbers? anybody?

Comment

not out yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡