Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from #7-14 "Traveler"

Discuss the music played in Traveler here.

Anybody recognize the soprano who sang "Der Holle Rache" in the opening scene? The voice wasn't ringing any bells for me until the end, when I thought it might be Natalie Dessay.

Comment

I miss the good ole' days of Smallville music......I want the bands back....

Comment

We had an entire episode that had almost entirely Lyrical Music last week, Eri-El. :P I agree it'd be nice to hear more Lyrical pieces in the show, but this week was really suited to the grand sweeping scores and Superman music, not to mention the return of Opera for Lionel. Really good musically this episode.

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong I completely appreciate the music we heard tonight.......I loved All the musical references to the Superman themes, and the MB Lionel, and I was glad to finally get a good amount of Music in "Hero".......but my ipod is getting lonely

Comment

I really liked the music this episode. I love the episodes that have a nice mix of Opera and background music that fit the scenes. I love the rock music too but it has to go when it fits and this week was Lionel and he needs his opera/orchestra - I liked the mix of Superman music in subtly here and there as well

[awesome avi Routh]

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveClana
              Anybody recognize the soprano who sang "Der Holle Rache" in the opening scene? The voice wasn't ringing any bells for me until the end, when I thought it might be Natalie Dessay.
              I believe that it is Natalie.

Comment

I loved the ending music. I think with Lionel the opera sings are always great.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuv180
                  I loved the ending music. I think with Lionel the opera sings are always great.
                  I agree.
                  To me, opera songs ARE Lionel.

Comment

I thought the music this week was the best selected in a long while. I love when they play the rock tunes as well, but the theatrical scoring under most of it, with the Mozart at the beginning with Lionel. That was brilliant, old school Lionel music.

Comment

So, what is the name of the song and who's singin'? Cuz I like the song and I think that it was made with one porpouse, to bring back the mad Lionel, to make us not forget the evil of Lionel and show us up that he is never gonna change. Like we say here in my town.... "-Árbol que crece torcido, jamás su tronco endereza-"

Comment

WAS there music, in this epi ? I didn't notice.

Comment

I liked the Superman-esque music when Kara got her memory back, and the classical music with Lionel made me smile. Anyone know what piece it was? (thought it was Handel at first, but the ending was different from what I was expecting)

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                            I liked the Superman-esque music when Kara got her memory back, and the classical music with Lionel made me smile. Anyone know what piece it was? (thought it was Handel at first, but the ending was different from what I was expecting)
                            It's the Queen of the Night's second aria ("Der Holle Rache") from Mozart's Die Zauberflote/The Magic Flute.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎