Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in #7-14 "Traveler"

Discuss the special effects from Traveler here.

Suprisingly this episode's only big effect was Kara's tossing of the cage. I thought that was a descent effect, considering their budget. Oh and Kara getting her powers back was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarro345
      Suprisingly this episode's only big effect was Kara's tossing of the cage. I thought that was a descent effect, considering their budget. Oh and Kara getting her powers back was cool.
      Yeah those were the only really big effects, although I did enjoy (although it wasn't an effect) the fight at the beginning where they used those krypto-tasers to take Clark down.

My favorite is the Kara getting her powers back one that you mentioned, though.

Comment

I really liked two SFX shots, involving Kara.

1) The shot of Kara busting the door/wall to get to where Clark was being held. That was just one of the "Aw, HECK YES!" moments for me.

2) When Kara has light surrounding her at the Fortress and she is picked up. I loved that she was in a flying position. Very fitting for Supergirl.

Comment

I think the best effect was when jor-el restored Kara's memory. She shot up in the air with a bright white light following her (that has become a tradition for smallville).

Comment

There wasn't that much effects. Although I liked the scene where Kara saves Clark adn she throws the cage, and how Kara gets her memory back.

Comment

I liked the way Kara was given her powers and memory back. It reminded me, kind of, of Superman 2, the way Clark gave up his powers (except that was a red light)

Comment

The special effects were AWESOME. Kara getting her powers back... amazing. That girl is an angel. Also, as far as FX goes, loved the look of the kryptonite cell, and I thought Supergirl using her heat vision looked really good. The door busting open to reveal Kara was very superhero-looking.

Comment

all the effects were great!

i like the new scene placer, the one where it shows the planet but mainly luthorcorp from a new angle

Comment

Yeah, I agree with everyone! I also liked the look of the grey Waterfront with Metropolis in the background. When the copter landed and the car pulled up, looked cool!

Comment

I dunno if this qualifies as a special effect, but anyways.... At the end of the episode Clark and Lionel are having their talk; Lionel states that "I'm a changed man" and then Clark responds "No, you're not". For a split second before Clark responded they subtly cut to complete silence to emphasize his answer. Did anyone else notice this? I thought it was a small but powerful technique.

Comment

I have to say the beginning was beautifully done with all the K-tasers. I loved that one. And the view of the Kent Farm at night was cool.

Comment

Heat vision

They changed the heat vision cg.. before it looked like the waves you see over asphalt on a hot summer day... but now it looks like fire laser beam.. i like this way much better..

Comment

Kara floating was the best special effects shot in the episode

Comment

Originally posted by skim32
                              They changed the heat vision cg.. before it looked like the waves you see over asphalt on a hot summer day... but now it looks like fire laser beam.. i like this way much better..
                              They may have changed it, but that could also be the look of Kara's personal heat vision, and it looks different from Clark's- more like a laser.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Karafan1
                              Kara floating was the best special effects shot in the episode
                              I agree. That was beautiful. Laura looked like an angel. It reminded me of the Beast's transformation at the end of the "Beauty and the Beast" haha
                              Last edited by smallvillelogan; 03-25-2008, 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎