Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? what did you think of 'Traveler'?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i gave this a 9 back when i saw it the first time, i have not watched any smallville since the season finale.

Comment

• I watched the rerun a couple days ago. It was great with fine performances including those by Michael Rosenbaum and Laura Vandervoort. So since then Smallville's "management" lost the services of Michael Rosenbaum and compounded that with a foolish decision to drop Laura Vandervoort.

Given that, I don't expect to see season 8.

Comment

• Loved the episode! But now hate Lex even more for killing Patricia Swann! I liked her and then he had her killed for her locket!

Can't believe what Lionel did what he did! I'm Baffled!
        11/10
        Loved it!

Comment

• This episode was quality!

Comment

• Great episode, especially the part when Chloe talks to Jor-el !

9/10

Comment

• Best episode of season 7!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• This episode is good.Liked how they brought back the teauges and the swans.But the plot was boring and reminded me of the episodes kara

Comment

• If you're gonna have Clark captured this is basically how you should do it. Make the capturers work for it. The kryptonite weapons were cool and Clark tossing the dudes around was great.

As with other good episodes of season 7 are Kara- episodes. This one is really great. Even though I hated the amnesia that she got here it is atleast solved well giving credit to both Lana and Chloe. Chloe makes a good speech to Jor-el that returns Kara her powers.

The scene where she rushes to save Clark who is suffering in the cage is one of the few good moments (still a good moment no matter what season) of the season. I hated how Lionel took Clark but atleast he redeemed himself at the end which was similar to "Lara". Lionel took alot of deaths on his hands before his own end. The character got a good ending imo. One of the few farewells of S7 and it had characters like Lex, Lana and Kara to sort out...

Comment

• Love it! LOOOOOVE it! This is SUCH a good episode. The ladies of Smallville got to perform their own major super-save, and I heartily enjoyed seeing their teamwork. Kara got back her memories and powers -- about time! Chloe's claim of, "If it meant saving Clark, I would climb Mount Everest" and "I love your son!" always makes me smile. Lionel's surprising move of capturing Clark to protect him was a major twist, and really altered his relationship with Clark. Patricia Swann was a GREAT guest star, too, by the way. I was really sad that she was killed off so quickly. Lex was absolutely ruthless in doing what he did there. Jerk. Still, I give this episode 9 out of 10 kryptonite-lined cages for being just plain awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by All about Clark
                      I gave it a 9. Just wished Clark had more scenes.

Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, do you even know what you are doing? And Lionel had Patricia killed. How can he not see what he is. Yeah, I'm ready for Lex to off him.

Sure is fun to read these posts years after they were written, but before major reveals (in this case, the reveal that Lex, not Lionel, has Patricia killed).

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by haltoe
                      I watched the rerun a couple days ago. It was great with fine performances including those by Michael Rosenbaum and Laura Vandervoort. So since then Smallville's "management" lost the services of Michael Rosenbaum and compounded that with a foolish decision to drop Laura Vandervoort.

Given that, I don't expect to see season 8.

Heh heh heh
                      Last edited by RightWingConspirator; 04-24-2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I never get the love for this episode. More then any other episode in the series(and that includes my most loathed Promise), Traveler screamed to me the writers were uninterested about writing for/about Clark(at least in Promise as much as I hate the story and how bad Clark came off it did seem like the writers actually cared about writing for Clark in that episode). To this day it bugs me that this was how the writers felt fit to finish of the Kara loses her memories storyline, it basically felt like they couldn't care less about allowing Clark to have what should have been his moment in the spotlight because they couldn't bother coming up with decent storylines for him.

I don't think there is any episode in S7 that comes close to how much I dislike this one. Sure there may have been a couple nice scenes in this episode, but it is hard to get past the whole "we can give a rat's ass about writing about/for Clark Kent" vibe I get from the episode. I guess this is one of those episodes that what doesn't happen bugs me more then what we actually see on screen(basically it's not a case like Promise that I hate this episode because I hate the storyline presented onscreen, it's more a case the storyline from an unbiased view is passable and their is a couple nice scenes, but all the things they left out or ignored bugged the hell out of me(ie Clark saving Kara, not having a better way for Clark to figure a way out of the cage, etc)). It probably doesn't help I think the whole Veritas storyline was misguided and this was the start of that.
                        Last edited by Supsfan; 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Rewatching this ep just made me more convinced that Lionel Luthor was never a good guy at all, due to putting Clark in a K-cage.
                          It was clear that Lionel Luthor was slowly regressing to his old ways, even if he still thought he was doing things for the greater good. Loved it so much when Clark told him off.

Lionel Luthor was never a good guy, because he never willingly turned into a good guy by himself. He had to be BRAINWASHED into it by Jor-El!
                          You can't force people to become good like that. The only way anybody can truly become good is if they actually realize that the things they did was terrible, and then take the steps to correct or make up for their own misdeeds.

Magically being brainwashed by Jor-El and telling the good guys that you're now on their side just doesn't work at all... and Clark was right to mistrust Lionel though out the entire thing because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                            Rewatching this ep just made me more convinced that Lionel Luthor was never a good guy at all, due to putting Clark in a K-cage.
                            It was clear that Lionel Luthor was slowly regressing to his old ways, even if he still thought he was doing things for the greater good. Loved it so much when Clark told him off.

Lionel Luthor was never a good guy, because he never willingly turned into a good guy by himself. He had to be BRAINWASHED into it by Jor-El!
                            You can't force people to become good like that. The only way anybody can truly become good is if they actually realize that the things they did was terrible, and then take the steps to correct or make up for their own misdeeds.

Magically being brainwashed by Jor-El and telling the good guys that you're now on their side just doesn't work at all... and Clark was right to mistrust Lionel though out the entire thing because of it.
                            I don't fully agree.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎