Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thought "Hero" was fantastic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't concentrate when I saw Hero. Traveler and Veritas was all I could think about

Comment

I didn't find "Hero" or "Noir" fantastic, but I enjoyed both of them. Sometimes we build up our expectations & are left disappointed. "Justice" was a fantastic episode - probably the best of the series - but I was left wanting more with that one, too. Even the episodes I didn't really like (none specifically come to mind at the moment, but there are some) always had important story elements, & that's what makes "Smallville" such a great show overall!

I'm thinking that the actors, even if they liked their performances fine, feel at the end that they could have done better. One should always look for potential to improve.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed this episode!

Comment

it was a terrible episode. there were so many mistakes and bad acting in this episode that i think it was better off not being made at all.

Comment

Not fantastic, but I enjoyed it and it turned out to be much better than I expected. It definitely lifted my moral after "Fracture", one of the lamest episodes ever, IMHO.

Comment

I didn't think it was fantastic, but I didn't think it was as awful as some ppl are making it out to be.

Yeah, the Stride/One Republic plug was waaaay overdone and way too in-our-faces, I agree with ppl on that.

But besides that, the return of Pete, Pete finally talking about all those old issues that were still left unresolved when he'd left at the end of Season 3, Kara sinking farther and farther into Lex's web of lies, the continuity about the Kawatche Cave, the mention of Lana's magical tatoo (I actually think this was the FIRST time it's even been mentioned in the 3 years since Season 4, amazingly enough), the return of Clark and Pete playing basketball like the good ol days.

And best of all, the revelation that Saint Lionel the Reformed might still secretly be the MB (personally I actually hope Lionel is still evil, he's more interesting that way).

So yeah, it was not a "fantastic" episode because of the annoying non-stop Stride/One Republic plugging, IMHO, but there was still a lot to like.

Comment

I thought it was great.
              its not stupid that pete had lingering bitterness towards clark.
              ITS NOT LIKE CLARK IS A GOD, pete was almost right.
              i thought it was such a great episode.
              i dont know why people didnt like this one, it really confused me, but they're probably confused about how i did like it.

Comment

Have you watched the other seasons with Pete Thrill_Seeker?

Because the stuff with Pete was like watching an episode from Season 3 again. The Freak of the Week stuff felt like an episode from Season 1. A little originality would have been nice. I think Pete, after four years, should have been where he is at the END of the episode. He still could have said everything he said about being a hero, about Clark's relationship with Lionel... all of it. Just... couldn't he be in law school? Couldn't he show some real world heroism? Couldn't he talk to Clark about how bitter he was, how he was in Clark's shadow but then he found the hero he was within? That would have been so inspiring. Instead I got a bunch of recycled stuff from other episodes. Even Kara's plot with Lex was recycled. What in that episode was original I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan

Because the stuff with Pete was like watching an episode from Season 3 again. The Freak of the Week stuff felt like an episode from Season 1. A little originality would have been nice. I think Pete, after four years, should have been where he is at the END of the episode. He still could have said everything he said about being a hero, about Clark's relationship with Lionel... all of it. Just... couldn't he be in law school? Couldn't he show some real world heroism? Couldn't he talk to Clark about how bitter he was, how he was in Clark's shadow but then he found the hero he was within? That would have been so inspiring. Instead I got a bunch of recycled stuff from other episodes. Even Kara's plot with Lex was recycled. What in that episode was original I wonder?
                  I see what you mean about all this, but I do think some of Pete's "issues" had been left unresolved at the end of Season 3, so I did think it was a good move for them to FINALLY wrap up those loose ends (hey, 4 years late is better than nothing I suppose )

And I think the epi ended Pete's arc on a hopeful note, with Pete saying at the end "I'm gonna try to find another way to be a hero..." indicating his future in public life as it is in the comics.

If Pete does return again in Season 8 (which I hope he does) maybe by then they could show him enrolled in law school, or perhaps working as a campaign volunteer.

What in that episode was original I wonder?
                  The fact that they're now plugging Stride instead of the Toyota Yaris I guess
                  Last edited by Odysseus; 03-19-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I thought it was awesomely fantastic! I loved it I gave it a 10 because I thought it was great! i don't see why everyone else is saying it sucks though becuase i watched it again since thursday and I still found it great! *shrugs*

Comment

Nice useage of the word "fantastic" with the stretchyness(Mr. Fantastic comes to mind). I also enjoyed Hero a lot. I thought it was a good set up for the other two episodes. Not only were the plotline hints there, the general mood set me back to the old days of Smallville where there was music galore. The general feel of the episode set me back and I liked it a lot. I think it sets things up well seeing as most of the story is going to take us back a few seasons as well. I'm psyched for traveller. Expect a cliff hanger though.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan

can't agree more!

all that Pete did was annoy people, cause a big mess that clark had to clean up, and prove clark right

Pete should have come back and changed the direction things were going in, otherwise there was just no point him being there

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban J
                          I loved it, def not the worst of the series (Noir)

Yeah it was much better than thirst and noir.

Comment

You aren't alone this epsiode was entertaining and overall I really liked it. Having Pete back was a big plus and I really enjoyed that feeling of nostalgia. Seeing Pete back with the gang brought back alot of memories of episodes past. I liked the way Pete wanted to show the world who he was and wasn't afraid to expose himself. I think this is what Clark is going to do once he becomes Superman so it was good foreshadowing.

Pete was cocky and got in over his head that is what usually happens when you think you can go rambo against an army, you get your ass handed to you. Let's face it ....Pete got his ass handed to him

I enjoyed the Clark and Pete moments the best out of the whole epsiode and of course I loved the Clark save!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎