Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of lame ass power is stretchy arms anyway??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it only makes sense that if anyone would have meteor powers, it would be those who have spent the most time around Clark. However, the krypto gum was a bit of a stretch imo.

In regards to stretching being a lame power. There have been Key members of the Justice League over the years who have had the same power. I think it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by red_cape_7
      I thought the producers were trying to incorporate another DC comic superhero - Plastic Man - who had stretchy powers. It was only done ok for the show though.
      Actually I assumed that Pete's powers were an homage to the hero persona that Jimmy had in the Silver Age Superman comics. He was known as Elastic-Lad and had the power of super stretching (in fact, I sat there watching Pete get those powers and wanted to say "hye, don't be stealing Jimmy's powers!"). He even went on to join the Legion of Super-Heroes (Jimmy, not Pete) as Elastic-Lad.
      So I figured that since, for some reason, they couldn't give Jimmy his Silver Age powers they were giving them to Pete.

Comment

i like mr fantastic, and i liked elasto girl... but i dont think they did it very tastefully... i mean to not have him freak out at all? im sorry, but no matter how many meteor freaks youve seen, your first reaction to seeing your arms stretch like that is not gonna be 'this is so cool'

Comment

That would have been my first reaction. Either that, or what, no super speed?

Comment

I thought "Hero" was one of the worst SV episodes ever. Partly because of stride gum but also because of Pete's temporary meteor powers caused by gum. LOL! However the episode has recently been redeemed a little in my eyes...

I've been thinking about "Kinetic" from Season 1... Whitney Fordman... Lana's old boyfriend gets temporary freak powers from a tattoo. In this episode, they have a meteor power that has to be refueled. They have to keep getting a tattoo for the powers to work.

It made me feel better about the fact that Pete has to keep chewing gum to make his powers work. The precedent had been set already in SV continuity. LOL!

Comment

I thought they put the gum in ther on purpose for the fans. It just wouldn't have been the same having pete without the product placement.

Comment

It's one thing to give a nod and a wink to Product Placement Pete. It's something else entirely to bludgeon the audience with it.

Comment

ask reed richards haha

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎