Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of lame ass power is stretchy arms anyway??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of lame ass power is stretchy arms anyway??

Just wondering what kind of lame ass power is stretchy arms anyway? It's hardly anything to match Clark's powers. You'll never hear anyone say "this looks like a job for Stretchy Arm Man"

I don't believe he had enhanced strength to go with it.

I also thought the way Pete managed to squeeze his bracelet into the safe was a bit odd. It's only his body that stretches not his clothes. I would understand his bracelet remaining outside the safe while his hand stretched inside but for the braclet to stretch thin as well seemed like a bit of an error on the writers' part.

The whole thing seems like a plot written by the Stride gum team,

marketing team: "Hey I know a great plotline, Pete eats kryptonite laced gum and he gains a stretching ability just like gum"
    Just the kind of thing that happens in an Orange mobile phone advert

well, i thought elasta-girl was pretty cool from the incredibles.

Comment

and what about Mr. Fantastic?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
        Just wondering what kind of lame ass power is stretchy arms anyway? It's hardly anything to match Clark's powers. You'll never hear anyone say "this looks like a job for Stretchy Arm Man"

I don't believe he had enhanced strength to go with it.

I also thought the way Pete managed to squeeze his bracelet into the safe was a bit odd. It's only his body that stretches not his clothes. I would understand his bracelet remaining outside the safe while his hand stretched inside but for the braclet to stretch thin as well seemed like a bit of an error on the writers' part.

The whole thing seems like a plot written by the Stride gum team,

marketing team: "Hey I know a great plotline, Pete eats kryptonite laced gum and he gains a stretching ability just like gum"
        Just the kind of thing that happens in an Orange mobile phone advert

The power wasn't really lame. It wasn't supposed to be as great of a power as Clark's because Clark is the main character (DA BOMB.) It was kind of cool because those powers don't ususally occur that much. It's usually speed and strength. It wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

Comment

Super stretching isn't a horrible power. They just didn't show much with it. They really underutilized Pete and his powers in this episode.

His lack of stretching when that thug punch him was weak.

Comment

Mr. Fantastic, Elasti-lad, Elasti-Man, Elasti-girl, and many others super-heroes show just how not lame stretching powers are. Considering how bad I thought the power would be on Smallville, they actually did do pretty well with it. I didn't think they'd use the reaching through doors aspect of it, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadShamus
              Super stretching isn't a horrible power. They just didn't show much with it. They really underutilized Pete and his powers in this episode.

His lack of stretching when that thug punch him was weak.
              Totally agree the power was underutilized and I hadn't thought about him stretching when being hit. Maybe the power only lasts as long as the flavor, LOL. I just watched my kid eat a piece with the wrapper on, he said it makes the flavor last longer. OMG, he just showed it to me and said the wrapper makes the gum a totally cool color; it's a vibrant blue instead of white. Holy frijole, did we see Pete unwrap his gum?
              Last edited by Humdinger; 03-16-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humdinger
                Totally agree the power was underutilized and I hadn't thought about him stretching when being hit. Maybe the power only lasts as long as the flavor, LOL. I just watched my kid eat a piece with the wrapper on, he said it makes the flavor last longer. OMG, he just showed it to me and said the wrapper makes the gum a totally cool color; it's a vibrant blue instead of white. Holy frijole, did we see Pete unwrap his gum?
                Yes. They had a long drawn out scene showing the glowing gum as he unwrapped it in the show opener. Right before they showed his face.

Comment

I thought the producers were trying to incorporate another DC comic superhero - Plastic Man - who had stretchy powers. It was only done ok for the show though.

Comment

The stretchy powers are pretty handy when it comes to painting a house.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
                      The stretchy powers are pretty handy when it comes to painting a house.
                      Hardly a life or death situation though he he he!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
                        Hardly a life or death situation though he he he!
                        In addition to that funny clarkbunny

Comment

Pete's power was really lame. You'd think it would be more exciting if they were bring his character back after all these years.

Comment

So what's next? Martha's gonna return with her own meteor enhanced superpower too?

Comment

At least he had "s t r e t c h y legs" and a "s t r e t c h y torso" to accompany his "s t r e t c h y arms".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎