No announcement yet.

most annoying aspect of hero!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borednow
    That I watched a 45 minute long stride commercial... that had stride commercial breaks... seriously...
    Ha ha ha ha

If anything, I would say Clark listening to Lana and Lionel instead of going with his gut instinct to tell Kara the truth. You can almost see where this is heading - another of Clark's poor decisions that will have 'consequences' LOL!

Comment

Lana blank stare and not saying anything.

Comment

The characters don't see the glowing or hear the shimmering. It's just to help the audience. That's not a point of annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
          Ha ha ha ha

If anything, I would say Clark listening to Lana and Lionel instead of going with his gut instinct to tell Kara the truth. You can almost see where this is heading - another of Clark's poor decisions that will have 'consequences' LOL!
          It's not like Clark knew she was getting friendly with Lex, it's not like Lionel told him or... oh wait.

But when someone is getting close to Lex it's not like he uses other people's dishonesty to get closer to... oh wait.

But it's not like Clark has ever seen this happen before I mean with Lana it was... oh wait.

Seriously... Head slapping stupid all around. I expect this type of Goldfish memory from Clark but what's Lana's excuse? I mean she was the one who got duped last time? Dose she not remember the technique? "Let's see when I was angry with Clark because I thought he was keeping something from me, Lex lured me in by promising honesty and pointing out how Clark had done the same thing to him. Naw he wouldn't try that completely successful technique a second time now would he? I mean why use what has worked in the past?"

P.S. What the hell is up with Lionel? He was hiding the bracelet and I know he's not that dumb.

Comment

Pete has never like Lex. He also has plenty of reasons to hate him. He has always know Lex can't be trusted, and is just as bad as Lionel. The Luthors have continually ruined his family's lives.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by borednow
            That I watched a 45 minute long stride commercial... that had stride commercial breaks... seriously...
            LOL It didn't bother me as much as most people, but it was pretty ridiculous.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Everyone seems to have forgotten Grant's murder. Lex has finally shown that he is truly limitless in his depths of evil by killing his cloned baby brother. Just because Clark entered his mind and found 'some good' inside doesn't explain why Clark/no one sees that murder as the main reason to keep Kara away from his influence.

Lois seems to be the only one who sees this, but she was left out of the episode.
            Last edited by DreadShamus; 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
              Pete has always hated Lex. Partly out of jealousy of his friendship with Clark, partly out of anger at the Luthors.

Lana didn't tell Kara all the bad things about Lex because it would have been pointless. It wouldn't have changed Kara's mind in any way because she already didn't trust Lana, and is suspicious of her true intentions. So it would have extended an adequate scene and wasted screen time for no good reason.

I was under the impression that Pete knew the effects of the gum at the OneRepublic concert. If not, then who cares? Having him see the green of the gum would have ruined the premise of the episode (although that might not have been such a bad thing). Also, the green glow might have just been to tell the audience that it was laced with kryptonite - it probably wasn't literally glowing like that.

Martha and Jonathan are out of the show. Chances are, they won't be brought up except for a few throw-away lines, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Also, this episode would have been pretty boring if Clark and Pete spent all their time together dwelling on events of the past; we can fill in Pete's reaction to Jonathan's death with our imagination, but the interesting stuff is how Pete feels about the changes that have been made in the present.

Lionel obviously had a reason for hiding Kara's bracelet. If you don't think he did, then you obviously haven't seen the trailer for "Veritas".

As I pointed out in another thread, Clark has a major decision to make: tell Kara and risk her running off to Lex, or don't tell her. He probably didn't think about the possibility of her running off to Lex anyway, but he did what he did - he's not perfect, and you've got to expect him to make mistakes. He's not Superman yet.
              I agree with almost everything you said, but I think it would be nice, if Clark sometimes mentions his mother, or call her on the phone or something like that. I mean, his mother isn't dead, she's in Washington, isn't she? It's really odd, that Clark seemingly has no contact with her, he never talks about her or with her on the phone, like Lionel did e.g. in "Phantom".
              And Clark used to have a very good realtionship with his mom.

So, when of course not in "Hero", I think, there should be something like a phone call at least in future episode.

Comment

Annoying

For me, the most annoying part of 'Hero' was near the end. Chloe saying her goodbyes to Pete, referred to a light year as TIME. Anyone with half a brain should know that a light year is a DISTANCE. This is a terrible error from otherwise excellent writers

Comment

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
                  I actually posted a lot more after my "It's TV." comment in that paragraph but thanks for singling it out to try and make your point!

I am not entitled to follow any of your requirements for any arguments or "points" I make. If you choose to create your own forum and I just so happen to be bored enough to join, I will try to abide by your rules.

That's your opinion - that I obviously disagree with. People are allowed to do that, you know...
                  My response "When was kryptonite ever consistent?" was basically a stab at how that is an issue that is often revisited on the show so much that instead of it being "annoying", IMO should now just be expected.

The comment "Pete chewed a glowing green gum & was never suspicious!" in the poll seems to be referring to the gum glowing NOT the overly glowing of the room the gum boxes were in. But then again, that's your interpretation.

Good day!
                  hehe, i love a good debate

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                    hehe, i love a good debate
                    Maybe next time we can have a debate regarding what is supposed to be seen by the characters of the show vs what is actually seen from the viewers' point of view!! (oh joy...)

Comment

I didn't really have a problem with any of the things listed, but what annoyed me the most about this episode was that it was practically an hour long advertisement for Stride Gum.

Comment

Originally posted by hanna1804
                        Pete's line to Chloe at the DP at the end "It's kryptonite free". He said it in front of Jimmy like that, and Jimmy smiling at his line as if he understood the word "kryptonite"...

I mean it would have been more appropriate for Pete not to use the word "kryptonite" or more for Jimmy to ask after Pete left "Krypto-what ??!!"...
                        Oh yeah, this bugged me big time too. Hello, Jimmy does not know what Kryptonite is, in fact most of the world doesn't so just go ahead and say it out loud, in a room full of reporters, Pete! Idiot! (but then this seems to happen a lot at the DP. Honestly, all these reporters need to do is eavesdrop a little more and they would have the story of the century!)

The other thing that bugged me? When exactly did Pete become a super computer genius able to upload the whole DP system with a virus? That a Chloe type thing, isn't it? Not Pete.

Comment

All the Stride ads and references to it. Way over done!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎