No announcement yet.

Is Tom Welling putting on weight?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atomic girl
    I didn't see a fat picture among that lot....what are people talking about?
    Bah some people just like to complain. But I suppose they could be referencing the 5th pic from the bottom, the one where he's in his swim trunks beside Lana. IMO he ain't fat but he's not as ripped as the other pics.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastKryptonian
      Bah some people just like to complain. But I suppose they could be referencing the 5th pic from the bottom, the one where he's in his swim trunks beside Lana. IMO he ain't fat but he's not as ripped as the other pics.
      Most guys, of any age, don't look that good on their best day....

Comment

Come on guys, you can't expect that Tom should look the same way he did in season 1.
        Everybody changes with the years and Tom's still looking soooooo hot!
        I don't think he put weight on, he is doing more workout I guess, to look more like Superman - so that's all muscle. He's surely NOT fat!!!

The only problem I see, is with his HAIR! That's the reason why he is looking older, I swear!

With his fluffy and longer hairstyle of e.g. season 3 or 4 he would defintely look younger. This hairstyle now looks so not natural, his hair doesn't even move when he's shaking his head for example. Do they use hairspray to keep it in that position?

Please, who is responsible for that hairstyle???

CHANGE that immediatly, please!!!

Comment

He is getting bigger, he should start pumping some weights and toning it up to muscle to get ready to become superman. Hopefully in between end of season 7 and start of season 8 he does some exercises and pump some weights

Comment

I don't want him to get more muscle, he should not look like a bodybuilder. I think he's enough muscle. Should he get more, his movements will get more stiff (is that the right adjective for that?).
            I mean, look how he's walking now and compare it to the earlier seasons' episodes, when he wasn't so built up like he is now.
            His movements and his walking were much more lighter then, more relaxed. Do you understand what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by jmf1
              Definitely putting on the lbs (pounds) if you ask me. I would say age & wealth are against him. He's obviously eating better and the older you get the less exercise you do and, besides, the older you get the more your metabolism slows down. Just look at how your folks aged. Unless you've got those kind of parents that have to eat junk or they lose weight, you're going to get larger the older you get. Plus, after you're married a few years, you tend not to worry about looks so much.

Brad pitt was at least 5 or 6 years older when he filmed Fight Club (heck for argument`s sake lets say they were the same age) so I think age has nothing to do at least not untill 15 more years or so, also if my memory serves me right, stallone was about 39 when he filmed Rocky IV and he was fit as can be.

Comment

I put it down to age.
                He still has the muscle and all that, hes just not as ripped as he was within the first 3 seasons.

Comment

I agree that the hairstyle is not the best. I also agree, that season 5 was TW's worse in terms of physique (not that any are bad) esp. obvious in Hypnotic. I also agree that as he ages, he becomes more like what I imagine Superman to look like. I also agree that a muscle bound bodybuilder is inappropriate for Superman. He has innate strength; doesn't need a truckload of muscle mass. As for Christopher Reeve, didn't he wear a hyped up suit to make him look buff? Personally, I think TW is in better Superman shape at 31 than Mr. Reeve was at 26. This is the most agreeable I have been for a while.

I do think that sometimes the lighting on TW's face makes him look older than necessary. For example, the scene between Clark and Pete in Clark's kitchen near the end of the epi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                    I put it down to age.
                    He still has the muscle and all that, hes just not as ripped as he was within the first 3 seasons.
                    Sorry, but he's only 31 (well he'll be soon) - that's not an age, where you talk about AGE!!!
                    And how could you guys figure out, wether he is ripped or not? We had only one shirtless scene with him in "Persona" and that was, I think, not enough to see his "ripped or not ripped" status, was it?

I'm 100% sure, that, if they only would get his hair more like in season 3 or 4, he would surely look not his "age". He never looked his age before, but then he had that cute, sexy, hot, fluffy hairstyle *sigh*!!!

Do the producers think, that he should look more mature in order to become superman??? If that's their intention, then o.k., they've chosen the right hairstyle for Tom.

But I think it looks so NOT good and I strongly hope, they read this and fix his hairstyle soon -PLEASE!!!

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dor el
                    I agree that the hairstyle is not the best. I also agree, that season 5 was TW's worse in terms of physique (not that any are bad) esp. obvious in Hypnotic. I also agree that as he ages, he becomes more like what I imagine Superman to look like. I also agree that a muscle bound bodybuilder is inappropriate for Superman. He has innate strength; doesn't need a truckload of muscle mass. As for Christopher Reeve, didn't he wear a hyped up suit to make him look buff? Personally, I think TW is in better Superman shape at 31 than Mr. Reeve was at 26. This is the most agreeable I have been for a while.

I do think that sometimes the lighting on TW's face makes him look older than necessary. For example, the scene between Clark and Pete in Clark's kitchen near the end of the epi.
                    I totally agree, Dor el and yes, lighting is also very important and I thought the same as you concerning that scene.

Didn't say Tom in an interview (I can't remember which it was), that he has barely time for his workouts? He shoots 12-16 hours a day, then he has a family, a wife etc. and I assume, that he wants to rest as well a little - well, not so much time left for extensive workouts.
                    I guess it's a really tough job to be an actor.
                    Last edited by Yasise; 03-15-2008, 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Holy Hotness Batman ehh Superman...I almost fell off my chair leaning closer to inspect those Hot Pics of Delicious Tommy...(*ok so I was licking the screen a bit*) For sure he was too skinny in season 1 IMO. As each season has gone by he has gotten a man's BODY ..tones with muscles and "everything" has filled out nicely. Remember that TV does add pounds too..He is a tall man with an excellent physique. For those people that think he looks stocky or fat maybe you should look at the candid shots of him a few weeks ago in Cali...people were saying he looks too slim in those pics..and unless he ate some of that Stride gum that Pete had ..I don't think he can stretch his body to change his look from big to slim that quickly. He looks perfect the way he is...ok now back to my licking err inspecting of this pics again.

Comment

Originally posted by JLedge
                        All I can say is I wish I had his body - enough said.
                        Haha! Same here! I'd like to have his height either...

Comment

Thatīs how I picture a fat man...

Comment

hOLY PECS!! Thanks for that beautiful pic Tomophillus! Now let me go back to licking the picture of the "fat" man

Comment

I say he could get away being 24 for the most parts but to answer your qustion vyperman I don't see him having a problem passing as 21 or 22. I seen some 21 year olds that actually look older. Yeah SJ dose look exactly the same from season 3. Strange Tom was about Sam age back in season one. Was'nt the actess shonda farr who played shasa like 28 when she was playing a highschool freashman?
                              Last edited by kp1984; 03-17-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

About the age thing, around 30-35 is a big adjustment for a lot of guys as far as weight goes. After that, it seems it takes a lot more consciousness to look lean. My hubby was always long and lean until that time....but maybe it's my cooking?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎