Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You and I need to talk"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not sure sure what Lionel is up to, but he has pretty much sacrificed any chance of a relationship of any sorts with his son to encourage and support Clark. How can Lionel not have a least a little place in his heart for his only surviving son? Yet he repeatedly chose to support Clark rather than Lex. He was an EVIL man, but something is different since Transference and Jorel possession. He has done a lot to help Clark; even when Martha wasn't looking. Clark might be dead were it not for Lionel's help. Kara would be dead had Lionel not helped Clark find the lab she was being tortured in. Not sure if he is good or bad, but certainly Lionel is a mystery. I get the feeling that there is way more to Lionel than has been revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
      Yeah, I'm not sure sure what Lionel is up to, but he has pretty much sacrificed any chance of a relationship of any sorts with his son to encourage and support Clark. How can Lionel not have a least a little place in his heart for his only surviving son? Yet he repeatedly chose to support Clark rather than Lex. He was an EVIL man, but something is different since Transference and Jorel possession. He has done a lot to help Clark; even when Martha wasn't looking. Clark might be dead were it not for Lionel's help. Kara would be dead had Lionel not helped Clark find the lab she was being tortured in. Not sure if he is good or bad, but certainly Lionel is a mystery. I get the feeling that there is way more to Lionel than has been revealed.
      Hi Dor el, yeah you're right. I don't know what to think about Lionel either. But even if he has helped Clark for so many times now, I still don't trust him. I mean, he was such an evil person and as you say, he was and is such a bad father....I don't know........... and actually I don't like him to be some kind of father figure for Clark. It's in fact ridiculous, how Clark is able to forgive/forget everything he did in the past.

Like Pete said "What would your father say about Lionel being here on the farm" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
        Damn Pete! Always needing to be saved at the worst times!

I really wanted to see what Clark has to say to Lionel about him lying about the bracelet. Obviously, there is some ulterior motive with Lionel, rooted in Veritas. He's always acted one way with the Kents and another way with everyone else. I've been waiting for the day that Clark and Lionel face each other, and it looks next Thursday will be that day.

It has always bugged me that Lionel has been so close to Clark. Maybe it's the Jonathan Kent in me, but I can never trust him, and Jonathan's last warning to Clark always stuck with me whenever Clark deals with him. I did see on a DVD extra of a cut scene where Clark and Martha welcome Lionel to the Kent home and invite him to dinner, but I am always bothered that Clark continues to deal with him. Even after Lana told him he was trying to blackmail her, even after he found out Lionel manipulated Lana into a marraige with Lex, those don't seem like trustworthy qualities to me.

Am I off kilter here? But I look at Lionel's actions from Clark's point of view, I'd never have trusted him, Lionel's intentions always seem to have another agenda.
        I agree with what you are saying. After all that Clark has been put through by Lionel (i.e. Insurgence, Memoria, Transference) you would think that he wouldn't trust him as far as a human could throw him (that analogy doesn't apply to Clark, so I paraphrased it). Though keeping him close has its advantages: 1) He can keep an eye on what he's up to, 2) He is the emissary of Jor-El, and 3) Lionel can't use his secret against him as leverage. Next week's episode will finally tell us where Lionel's allegiance lies, I think.

Comment

Yasise and AshyLarry, and MrZeppo, all very good points.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I was disappointed that we never got to hear the 2 talking. I wonder if that will be seen in the next episode or if it happened offscreen.

I think Lionel was holding that bracelet to protect Kara. But he should have known that Lex would find out.

Maybe next Thursday we'll hear "Previously On Smallville........", and they'll pick up with the "Talk" that Clark mentioned......

Comment

I always thought there would be no aftermath for the lexana in Fracture. which is why I thought the scene was pointless. It obviously had little to no effect on clark as he's still shacking up withj Lana.

Comment

I don't know what to make of Lionel. One thing I do know is this: the official CW description of Traveler says that Lionel kidnaps Clark, not Patricia.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but of course it fits perfectly here too:

There was something about this Clark and Lex scene that I loved...It's just that Lionel (though I like him now) often has that air of superiority. But nowadays he has to answer to Clark. It gave me chills.

I was really dissapointed that they didn't show the actual bracelet-confrontation.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  I kind of feel and/or hope that Lionel is in too deep, being Jor-El's emmissary and all, to betray Clark. I think his need to tell Lex that he loves him was further support for his turn around. The biggest inication was when Zor-El was going to kill him to get to Clark, and even gave him the choice of betrayal or death, and Lionel said that he would never try to hold Clark back from his destiny.

That was the clincher for me. So it would really be a shame if the writers ever tried to turn him back onto his evil ways.
                  Last edited by morethanmeetstheye; 03-16-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I really wanted to hear that conversation. I'd bet $30.oo that Clark probably get's ticked off and does somethin around the lines of what he did in the last epi. of season 6

Comment

That quote made me laugh a little. Its like Clark telling Lionel that he was caught stealing a cookie fro the cookie jar. Did you see Lionel's reaction? It was a little funny, I thought.

Comment

once a MB, always a MB

Comment

He sounded like a father, Clark looked pissed.

Comment

Stupid question time: What does MB stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by susangail
                              Stupid question time: What does MB stand for?
                              Magnificent Bastard.

Comment

MB=magnificent bastard. It's the fans' nickname for Lionel when he's up to his ruthless ways. John Glover, btw, loves that title.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎