No announcement yet.

"You and I need to talk"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You and I need to talk"

Damn Pete! Always needing to be saved at the worst times!

I really wanted to see what Clark has to say to Lionel about him lying about the bracelet. Obviously, there is some ulterior motive with Lionel, rooted in Veritas. He's always acted one way with the Kents and another way with everyone else. I've been waiting for the day that Clark and Lionel face each other, and it looks next Thursday will be that day.

It has always bugged me that Lionel has been so close to Clark. Maybe it's the Jonathan Kent in me, but I can never trust him, and Jonathan's last warning to Clark always stuck with me whenever Clark deals with him. I did see on a DVD extra of a cut scene where Clark and Martha welcome Lionel to the Kent home and invite him to dinner, but I am always bothered that Clark continues to deal with him. Even after Lana told him he was trying to blackmail her, even after he found out Lionel manipulated Lana into a marraige with Lex, those don't seem like trustworthy qualities to me.

Am I off kilter here? But I look at Lionel's actions from Clark's point of view, I'd never have trusted him, Lionel's intentions always seem to have another agenda.

Yeah... I loved that moment. I really want that conversation to happen on screen.

Comment

Hey give Pete some credit. If he didn't go out and steal the bracelet from Lionel's room, Clark would've never known that Lionel had it in the first place. But yeah, Pete always needs to be saved, lol.

Comment

I think that Lionel's still a ruthless man, but I also think he will not betray Clark. If I were Clark, I could never fully trust Lionel, but I like to think I would try. I think Clark is trying, and I think that's what makes him Superman. I don't know if any other hero would trust Lionel after all he's done, but Superman is all about hope.

And I have hope that Lionel remains true to Clark. I really don't want them to revert him to his old MB ways again, because I think that would discredit this three-dimensional character that they've created. I think Lionel is a truly inspirational man, as long as he tries to be good. Look at all the bad he's done in the past. He's a man who murdered his own parents, drugged his son and made him insane and electroshocked his brain, poisoned him, blackmailed, murdered, manipulated, and kidnapped to get what he wants. But if he really is trying to be a good person now, I think that he is a great example of how anyone, ANYONE can chose who they want to be, and can change their true nature if they try. I think he's a testimony to the meaning of redemption and rebirth, and I also think that he's a reason why Clark doesn't kill his enemies. He could've killed Lionel long ago and everyone would have arguably been much happier. But in the end, Lionel would not have gotten this new chance on life, this chance to change, and because Clark gave him that chance, Lionel will forever be grateful, and Clark will forever be glad that he never took Lionel's life.

Comment

I was disappointed that we never got to hear the 2 talking. I wonder if that will be seen in the next episode or if it happened offscreen.

I think Lionel was holding that bracelet to protect Kara. But he should have known that Lex would find out.

Comment

I was thinking that it might be the Jor-El in him.
            Then I thought, nah, he's just a prick.
            - - - - - - -
            I thought it was awsome how Pete told Clark to his face - something like - I wonder what your dad would think, knowing you have a Luthor in your house.

AWSOME PETE!

Pete the Boss Ross brings back OLD SCHOOL SMALLVILLE, in more than one way! Very cool.

Comment

When did Lionel get the bracelet? I also found it interesting that Lionel, Clark's new best buddy, has a stash of green k in his vault. Maybe for protection should Clark get ticked off.

Comment

The look on Clark's face when he said that-HOT! I can't wait to hear what he has to say too lionel I'm sure it will be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                  When did Lionel get the bracelet? I also found it interesting that Lionel, Clark's new best buddy, has a stash of green k in his vault. Maybe for protection should Clark get ticked off.
                  A while back I predicted that Lionel stole it from Lex when he saved his life after being tossed into the ditch, after being shot.
                  Last edited by litew8; 03-14-2008, 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by litew8
                    A while back I predicted that Lionel stole it from Lex when he saved his life after being tossed into the ditch, after being shot.
                    Thanks. Off screen then?

Since Lex is the CEO of Luthorcorp, would he not have keys to the vaults? Exactly what is Lionel's position at Luthorcorp?

Comment

^ Yes. Offscreen. I mean, no - he stole it (they didn't show him actually stealing it) during the episode when he saved Lex from the ditch after Lex got shot in the head. Remember, Lionel said he found him in the ditch and rushed him to the Smallville hospital. That's when he would have stolen it from Lex, because Lex had it right before he got shot. - But yes, Lionel put Kara's bracelet into his vault offscreen.
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Others - Good questions. I don't know why Lex wouldn't be able to just look himself.
                      I wondered that too. As far as I know, Lex is higher up than Lionel.
                      Last edited by litew8; 03-14-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                        Damn Pete! Always needing to be saved at the worst times!

I really wanted to see what Clark has to say to Lionel about him lying about the bracelet. Obviously, there is some ulterior motive with Lionel, rooted in Veritas. He's always acted one way with the Kents and another way with everyone else. I've been waiting for the day that Clark and Lionel face each other, and it looks next Thursday will be that day.

It has always bugged me that Lionel has been so close to Clark. Maybe it's the Jonathan Kent in me, but I can never trust him, and Jonathan's last warning to Clark always stuck with me whenever Clark deals with him. I did see on a DVD extra of a cut scene where Clark and Martha welcome Lionel to the Kent home and invite him to dinner, but I am always bothered that Clark continues to deal with him. Even after Lana told him he was trying to blackmail her, even after he found out Lionel manipulated Lana into a marraige with Lex, those don't seem like trustworthy qualities to me.

Am I off kilter here? But I look at Lionel's actions from Clark's point of view, I'd never have trusted him, Lionel's intentions always seem to have another agenda.
                        Yeah you're so right! Everytime I see them, Lionel and Clark together, I actually can't believe, that Lionel hasn't ulterior motives for all he is doing and saying to Clark.

On the other hand I'm thinking, why did Jor-El choose Lionel to be the vessel (or whatever it is called) for his thoughts and his knowledge?
                        I guess Jor-El didn't choose him by accident, did he?

But in the end, I'm afraid the big bang with Lionel is to come!

And to speak about the nonexisting talk between Clark and Lionel - yes, I felt disspointed, too, that they didn't show it. Would have been a pleasure to watch!

But, I also expected a talk between the two cousins, Clark and Kara - but there wasn't any in "Fracture" as well as in "Hero" now - Weird, isn't it?

The last talk, that I strongly missed, was one between Clark and Lana, about what Clark had seen in Lex's mind - the so much discussed Lexana sex scene and his consequences on the Clana relationship. I got the feeling, that they pressed the reset button there - once again - I hate that!

Comment

well clark knows that lana slept with bizzaro and now he got to see lana screwing lex. Old feelings die hard but not fast...so says the clan ship

Comment

Originally posted by oldblackmagick
                            ......Old feelings die hard but not fast...so says the clan ship
                            Yeah you've a point there and I don't expect Clana to die fast - a love, that lasted for sooo long can't be over in a couple of episodes.

I only wished the writers would have given them a scene, where Clark and Lana talked about the latest events.

Comment

I'm not sure why Lionel had Kara's bracelet, but I'm not convinced it was an evil act.

I'm also not convinced Lionel is evil in Traveler. I think he was in cohoots with Veritas, but that Ms Swan could be acting on her own, knabbing Clark. Someone writes to return the son of Krypton, will that be Lionel's writing or Swan's. Food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎