Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You and I need to talk"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we get to see 'the talk' in next week's episode too. I also want to know what Lex's assistant was going to reveal.

Comment

I hope so too.

Comment

Is it Thursday yet??????

Comment

Originally posted by Eri-El
          Is it Thursday yet??????
          God how I wish lol

Comment

He sounded like a father, Clark looked pissed.
            You're right, the roles were reversed.

Clark did look absolutely furious, it would have been so good if he had been able to confront him right then and there. Lionel wouldn't have stood a chance-he would've had to face the music for once.

But now that Clark already has the bracelet, I'm worried that his anger will have lost that intensity. Of course I want Lionel to ultimately be on the good side, but...it's always interesting to see that side of Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
              I hope we get to see 'the talk' in next week's episode too. I also want to know what Lex's assistant was going to reveal.
              In terms of what Lex's assistant was going to reveal, I suspect that will be answered in "Veritas". She was probably going to say how one of the stars represented on the crest are no longer in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by morethanmeetstheye
                You're right, the roles were reversed.

Clark did look absolutely furious, it would have been so good if he had been able to confront him right then and there. Lionel wouldn't have stood a chance-he would've had to face the music for once.

But now that Clark already has the bracelet, I'm worried that his anger will have lost that intensity. Of course I want Lionel to ultimately be on the good side, but...it's always interesting to see that side of Clark.
                Yeah, he had the same look in "Phantom" in the scene where he almost beat up Lionel for what he did to Lana. Tom does angry sooooo deliciously well, I love those scenes!

Comment

I was so looking forward to that discussion too When I saw how much time was left of the episode after it happened, I thought, uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by Yasise
                    Yeah you're so right! Everytime I see them, Lionel and Clark together, I actually can't believe, that Lionel hasn't ulterior motives for all he is doing and saying to Clark.

On the other hand I'm thinking, why did Jor-El choose Lionel to be the vessel (or whatever it is called) for his thoughts and his knowledge?
                    I guess Jor-El didn't choose him by accident, did he?
                    I always believed Lionel was "chosen" by accident. It happened after Clark joined two of the three elements and that caused the third element to shoot out that light and piercing ringing sound, perhaps as a homing signal to Clark. Lionel just happened to have the third element in his possession at that precise moment. The whole event left Lionel in that weird zombie-like state and he became Jor-El's "conduit" or whatever afterwards. It could just as easily have been Lionel's cellmate or one of the Teagues if they had still had possession of the element at that time.

There is absolutely no reason a supposedly intelligent rational being would choose someone like Lionel, who posed such an enormous threat to Clark, to be their spokesperson. If he did do it on purpose, then Jor-El was an even bigger idiot that Clark.

Comment

I agree with euterpe, I thought Lionel just happened to have the stone in his pocket when Clark united the other two stones thus activating the third stone. Exactly who Jorel intended to be his emissary, I don't know. I think Jonathan would have made a good one. I, too, seriously doubt that Jorel would have chosen Lionel. But on the other hand, Lionel is/was a very powerful man and as such had many resources at his disposal with which to aid Clark. so far, Lionel has used his connections and resources to assist, encourage, and protect Clark. wonder if this is about to change? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri-El
                        Is it Thursday yet??????
                        Its been Thursday in my head since Saturday
                        Just everyday is an hour. Therefore, only 2 more hours until the episode. Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                          ............. so far, Lionel has used his connections and resources to assist, encourage, and protect Clark......
                          Yeah, exactly, so far he didn't do anything wrong. But again, that's Lionel, and I don't believe, that utterly bad person all of a sudden turns into a guardian angel.
                          Then again, nothing is impossible. Maybe "Transference" did destroy his evil side for good?

Comment

I'm assuming that by now, a good portion of posters either bought or rented Season 7, but a deleted scene from Hero is shown to follow up on the thread title.

Basically Clark acknowledges that while Lionel may have been trying to protect him, he had no business hiding the bracelet. Lionel then states that there might be more to the bracelet than either of them are aware of.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎