Let's get the Boss back for Season 8!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be great to see him again.

Comment

Yes!! I think that Pete rocks! Pete for Prez!! lol---k, maybe just some more ep's.... :P

Comment

Unfortunately TPTB had him back and they blew it. Time to face the music and drop the characters that don't matter anymore (ie. Pete and Lana)

Comment

No, I think the writers got Pete out at the right time. Maybe one more episode to redeem himself from "Hero", and that's it.

Comment

Pete has no place in Smallville anymore. He's still the same guy while everyone else grew up. He's still whining about not being as good as Clark and living in Clark's shadow. He still likes Chloe. I loved Pete but now that I think about it, he's been the same character from day one. NO character development whatsoever!

Lana's gone from softspoken little girl to super*****.
            Lionel's gone from evil kiniving backstabber to ... well we'll wait on that one until next week shall we?
            Chloe's grown up a lot and isn't the same little girl pining after Clark anymore.
            Lex has finally become the Lex Luthor from the comic books.
            Clark is starting to become Superman... He'd be there already if he would stop LYING all the time. Seriously, what's with not telling Kara who she is and letting her run off with Lex? For someone who doesn't want Lex to find out his secret, he's sure giving Lex all the tools he needs...

Comment

Originally posted by cole_jossart
              Chloe's grown up a lot and isn't the same little girl pining after Clark anymore.
              Clark is starting to become Superman... He'd be there already if he would stop LYING all the time. Seriously, what's with not telling Kara who she is and letting her run off with Lex? For someone who doesn't want Lex to find out his secret, he's sure giving Lex all the tools he needs...
              Clark has actually regressed... he was closer to becoming Superman in Season 4 with his pursuit of the Stones than he is today, and it's his Lana infatuation that has made him a lazy, love-sick pig. While Ollie and Co. are off saving the world, he is stuck in Smallville being judgmental of people like Pete who have bigger cajones than he does.

Chloe isn't over Clark at all, the feelings she has for him are just inert... if Clark asked her to fly away with him tomorrow she'd drop everything in a heartbeat.

Pete can be romantically deluded (i.e. stretching out and grabbing the rose for Chloe in front of everyone), and utterly lame (ie "Remy Zero!!!") most of the time. However, he was the ONE and ONLY friend that Clark has ever revealed his secret to of his own free will in order to save their friendship. This ep shows that Pete has grown because he is stepping out from Clark's shadow and trying to be his own man.

He is an old and time-tested friend - a brother. That has to stand for something.

Comment

I would love to see him return as a regular cast member. He could become best friends with Jimmy! New love triangle for Chloe.

If Lex is gone next season, that is probably why Lionel is coming out as evil again. Then the villain and all the good guys (except Lois and Pete) would know Clark's secret

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by highdro_pharmer
                Clark has actually regressed... he was closer to becoming Superman in Season 4 with his pursuit of the Stones than he is today, and it's his Lana infatuation that has made him a lazy, love-sick pig. While Ollie and Co. are off saving the world, he is stuck in Smallville being judgmental of people like Pete who have bigger cajones than he does.
                Absolutely. The writers have done a poor job of drawing out SV. They simply dumped Clark back to his early season ways to keep the pre-SM drama going.

I do like the more adult problems that CLana have faced, but still, its old now.
                Last edited by DreadShamus; 03-16-2008, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by DreadShamus
                  I would love to see him return as a regular cast member. He could become best friends with Jimmy! New love triangle for Chloe.

If Lex is gone next season, that is probably why Lionel is coming out as evil again. Then the villain and all the good guys (except Lois and Pete) would know Clark's secret

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Absolutely. The writers have done a poor job of drawing out SV. They simply dumped Clark back to his early season ways to keep the pre-SM drama going.

I do like the more adult problems that CLana have faced, but still, its old now.
                  I think that Clana is ruining the show. It's like, been there, done that kind of thing.

Comment

I think bringing pete back would be a horrible idea. Pete brings nothing to the show when he is in it, except lame-ness. Such as *****ing about how tough it is being in clarks shadow, and bringing horrible cliches in about best friends. Its just really whack in my book and i am glad he's gone. I just hope it stays that way.

Comment

Now that I've had a laugh about Stride g- I mean "Hero" I still love Pete and ... I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

*sigh*

Comment

Same here, as long as they use him right this time, I'd love to see him come back for another episode.

Comment

i don't think they really know what to do with Pete. i mean he was only temporarily a superhero, so they can't bring him into the Justice League, Chloe already fills the quota for normies

and they've tried the jelousy storylines, the fear of revealing his secret storylines, the pushing him to be a hero storylines, the being in his shadow stuff... i mean seriously, other than Plana (which i just cant see) what can they bring him back for?

and tbh, we didn't get Pete for 3 and a half years, so to have him back again would just feel odd to me

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
                            Same here, as long as they use him right this time, I'd love to see him come back for another episode.
                            I agree.
                            His appearance in 'Hero' was wasted imo.

Comment

Man...I pushed for Pete Ross's return for YEARS after his departure.....let me tell you....that "Hero" episode left a sour taste in my mouth so potent I don't even want a reference to Pete Ross in the show. They simply......succeeded in defecating all over the essence of that character with that ONE episode....IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎