PICTURES - Veritas LOGO - DECODED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICTURES - Veritas LOGO - DECODED!

Updated: 03-22-08
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I like stars and the universe, not an astronomer or anything though. I've always thought that Veritas was somehow related to looking into space. Here's some information I've uncovered and pieced together to compose my own conclusions.

I figured Veritas was referring to something along the lines of (Very Energetic Radiation Imaging Telescope Array System) source = Wikipedia. Except in this case, it was V. Swann's technology they used to star gaze. That's cool.

Quote from Chloe - "Rosetta" - "He (Virgil Swann) was a high-tech Howard Hughes 30 years ago. He graduated from M.I.T. when he was 19. He had his doctorate in math and applied physics. Then he started his own company, Swann Communications, which quickly rose to international acclaim in the 1970s as the world's largest producer of satellites. I mean, this guy has so much hardware in space that "Scientific American" dubbed him the Man of Tomorrow."

Swann also created (offscreen) the Veritas Orignization (see:description) He requested assistance from Luthor, Teauge and Queen. Each member was put in charge of doing specific things - in attempts to protect the Earth from an extraterrestrial invasion (before the signal was decoded, and before Swann knew the true identity of Clark Kent (Kal-El)). Swann had the satellite technology to look into space, recieved and decoded the S.O.S. signal Jor-El sent out before Krypton exploded. Swann pinpointed the location from where the signal was sent (thus the Vertias Logo). Swann located Krypton (W5) and mentioned it to Clark in "Rosetta".

Quote from "Rosetta" -
    Dr. Virgil Swann: No, that's where Krypton was. I followed the signal's path billions of miles out into space. I was hoping to discover its origin but instead, I found nothing.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1. Swann had the technology to look into space, and recieved the signal.
    2. Teauge's were in charge of finding the stones hidden on Earth.
    3. Lionel Luthor was in charge of creating a soldier that could combat an alien threat (if presented). Which is why he started the cloning. Emily Dinsmore being the failed prototype.
    4. Queen's job was to create weapons for Lionel's soldiers (as per IamProdigy).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    More recently, during the trailer for "Hero", (credited to: JerseyGrl over at TWoP noticed and captured) images of stars shown in the background at trailer's end (see link titled: The star maps from the trailer.).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now for my comparisons and information:

(picture directly below) This is the actual positions (relatively) of the stars (in space). The stars in the trailer are actually near each other in the night sky - seems to imply that they make up a constellation of where the planet krypton once existed. w/orange text = stars shown at the end of the "Hero" trailer (above). Except for W5 - which I believe to represent planet Krypton, see Logo down thread.

These are real stars in the universe.
    There were many other stars among these that I removed to reduce congestion.
    Sol is a sun.

Some information about the real life stars, and some mythology information:

Tau Ceti:
    • Is about 11.9 light years away. In the SouthCentral part of Cetus (the Whale).
    • In Earth's night sky, it is clearly visible to the naked eye.
    • Tau Ceti is a yellow-orange star like our Sun Sol.
    • As Tau Ceti has become one of the top 100 target stars for NASA's planned Terrestrial lanet Finder (TPF), images of this star and its position relative to the Milky Way in Earth's night sky are now available from the TPF-C team.
    • Astronomers have identified Tau Ceti as a prime target for the Terrestrial Planet Finder (TPF), now planned for launch between 2014 and 2020.
    • The star currently believed to be the closest one with the best chance of having a human habitable planet is Tau Ceti. Cetus is supposed to be the sea monster that would have devoured the "chained maiden," Andromeda, if Perseus had not come to the rescue.
    Van Maanen's Star
    • Van Maanen's: Actually smaller than the Earth.
    • This dim object is located only about 14.4 light-years (ly) from our Sun, Sol.
    • It lies in the center (00:49:09.90+05:23:19.01, ICRS 2000.0) of Constellation Pisces, the Fish -- west of Delta Piscium and east of Omega Piscium.
    • As a white dwarf stellar remnant, this object is too faint to be seen with the naked eye.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Interesting information about the Sirius star
    (shown in the above map, but not in the trailer (that I know of)):

The symbol of Isis (Lana Lang's new endeavour) in the heavens was the star Sept (Sirius). Isis was regarded as the companion of Osiris (or Orion), whose soul dwelt in the star Sah - Orion. Magic is central to the entire mythology of Isis arguably more so than any other Egyptian deity. In consequence of her deeply magical nature, Isis also became a goddess of magic. Sirius was astronomically the foundation of the Egyptian religious system. It was the embodiment of Isis, wife and consort of the god Osiris, who appeared in the sky as Orion. Sirius is bluish-green and very large, and is close to Earth (Distance in Light Years 8.60 ± 0.04, one of the nearest stars). Sirius is also known as the Dog Star. Sirius is closest to the Earth in Summer, especially July and August. That's where the phrase "dog days of summer" came from.

Long ago, in the land of Ethiopia (The star Sept (Sirius)) depicts Isis, which is the star of the new year. The appearance of the star signified the advent of a new year and so Isis was considered the goddess of rebirth and re-incarnation (Lana Lang somehow survived the explosion) and as a protector of the dead. The Book of the Dead outlines a particular ritual that would protect the dead so that he (Orion) can go anywhere in the under world. Most of the names Isis holds signify her as the goddess of protection of the dead.

Isis not only used words of power, but she also had knowledge of the way in which to pronounce them so that the beings or things to which they were addressed would be compelled to listen to them and, having listened, would be obliged to fulfill her bequests.

Sounds like Lana Lang!

Chloe: Isis seemed to make a lot of sense when I thought you were just out to help people. In text book talk, Isis is the goddess of love and life and healing. She even marched to the ends of the earth to help jump-start the man she loved. I want Clark to have that kind of loyalty in his life. But I'm just not sure it's from you.

Lana: I would do anything for Clark.

Chloe: Even kill. What a lucky guy. What the text book left out is that Isis is also the goddess of the underworld. She's responsible for bringing the great god Ra to his knees.

What Chloe left out - was that Isis betrayed Ra so she could help Orion.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Down thread I mentioned there was a scorpion on the computer Pete Ross used to do damage to Lex Luthor's computers at the Daily Planet in "Hero". Thinking maybe the scorpion was related to the constellation (not shown) Scorpius (The Scorpion). 4CHLicks suggested: "By the way, Orion's boast that he could defeat any beast (only to be stung by Scorpius) sounds a lot like Lex speaking to Grulian in Gemini about how he always finds a way to win. So Pete "stinging" Lex with the scorpian virus for love of the Scorpio, Chloe, was appropriate."

Uncertain if Chloe is to be considered Scorpio or not, something else surfaces. The idea that Lex could be considered Orion. In Greek legend Orion was the greatest of all hunters, and also liked to hunt women. He pursued and pressed his attentions on all the sisters Pleiades, as well as the sisters Hyades, but they were all able to escape his crude advances.

Recap -

Lex = Orion
    Lana = Isis
    Mythology says - Orion and Isis were married. Isis never stopped loving Orion.
    Chloe = Scorpion (who had Pete sting Lex)
    Clark = Ra

Here's the kicker: Mythology Story, I Translated - Orion(Lex) and Isis(Lana) were married. Orion(Lex) was stung by the Scorpion(Chloe/Pete). In mythology, Orion actually died from being stung by the Scorpion. Isis(Lana) then got together with Ra(Clark/Sun God). Isis(Lana) betrayed Ra(Clark) by attempting to kill him so she could aquire his powers. Isis(Lana) then took Ra's(Clark) powers, becoming a super powerful goddess. Isis(Lana) had the power of persuasion. Meaning everyone listen to her and did what she said, just by speaking. Isis(Lana) then went and brought her husband Orion(Lex) back to life.

Could this imply that Lana will betray Clark in favor of Lex sometime soon?

Anyway, more about the stars -
    (picture directly below) This is where the stars are (approx.) among the constellations
    if you were to look up at night. Lex's assistant made reference to "constellation" and the Logo in this episode, right before Kara showed up.

Ever wonder what stars Clark is looking at when he looks up at the sky at night? I think they might have shown the constellations in this episode ("Hero") also. There is a scene where Clark looks up into the night sky. You can see a square shape if you look closely. I beleive that is the Great Square of Pegasus (or Pegasi). The Flying Horse - (the horse outline is actually upside-down). Perseus (The Hero) rode Pegasus (the Flying Horse) and saved Andromeda from the sea monster (constellation Cetus) by showing it Medusa's severed head, thus turning Cetus into stone. This story is also told in the classic movie Clash of the Titans. The sea monster is called the Cracken. You should watch it. Perhaps Clark is (Perseus) and will end up saving Lois (Andromeda - the most beautiful girl of all) at the series finale.

The King and Queen were the parents of (Princess) Andromeda ("ruler of men").
    Cetus (The Whale) was the sea monster about to eat Andromeda (she was chained to a rock).
    Pegasus (Flying Horse) was created from a blood drop into the sea - from Medusa's severed head.
    Perseus (The Hero) rode Pegasus to defeat the Craken (or Cetus) and saved Andromeda.
    Perseus and Andromeda got married afterwards and had many children.

Insignificant -
    Pisces is suppose to be two fish - each tied to the ends of a chain or rope.
    Aries the ram. Though Lex Luthor had a project called Project Aries.
    There is a constellation called Gemini too. Lex had a project recently about that.
    It isn't located in the map above.
    Last edited by litew8; 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM.

Wow, that's very very detailed. I can't really understand it, but I like how you connected it to the Veritas logos that we've seen on the show. Good job, litew8.

Wouldn't they rename the stars and stuff on Smallville, though?

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
      Wow, that's very very detailed. I can't really understand it, but I like how you connected it to the Veritas logos that we've seen on the show. Good job, litew8.

Wouldn't they rename the stars and stuff on Smallville, though?
      Thanks minerva73. I think they are trying to keep some things real. I'm not sure for what reason, if there is one. I'm reading a little about the stories the constellations have. Can get confusing.

The only one that I think they made up is the W5. The one Virgil Swann named as the point of origin of Jor-El's S.O.S. signal (way back durring "Rosetta"). Of course, the star (W5) doesn't actually exist in real life, and it won't show up on Lex's maps because Krypton blew up. But Lex's assistant did say that the last time the stars looked that way (below, on the Veritas Logo) - was right before the meteor shower. Meaning - they have photographic evidence that a star is missing, and that it was there before the meteor shower.

But here is what I think the Veritas Logo means.
      (W5 just represents the planet Krypton, Virgil Swann pinpointed Jor-El's S.O.S
      signal from space. W5 is where the planet Krypton would have been. It is the star
      closest to the V on the Logo)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Last edited by litew8; 03-14-2008, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by litew8
        Thanks minerva73. I think they are trying to keep some things real. I'm not sure for what reason, if there is one. I'm reading a little about the stories the constellations have. Can get confusing.

The only one that I think they made up is the W5. The one Virgil Swann named as the point of origin of Jor-El's S.O.S. signal. Of course, the star doesn't actually exist in real life, and it won't show up on Lex's maps because Krypton blew up.

But here is what I think the Veritas Logo means.
        (W5 just represents Krypton, and it is the star closest to the V on the Logo)
        True, they're probably keeping some things real like you said.

I think you're right about it not showing up, but with Lex asking for answers and with Lionel apparently searching for a traveler, maybe there's some trace of it up there.

Really good illustration. In my mind, it connects seeing as how the note that Lionel's holding says the son of Krypton and if Krypton is closest to the "V" maybe Krypton is the one connected the closest to Veritas. I'm not sure if what I said makes sense, though...

Comment

^ Yes - The note stating - The son of Krypton belongs to Veritas.
          (Veritas = Virgil Swann's original group name, now Lex Luthor has all its information).
          Last edited by litew8; 03-14-2008, 03:07 AM.

Comment

omg thats amazing..I don't exactly know what I'm looking at but good job uncoding it

Comment

The story of Smallville Clark, might be related to Constellation Mythology.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Pet Ross might also play a part in this.
              Remember when he was hacking into Lex's computer and released the virus?
              The picture they showed on the computer screen was a Scorpion.
              There is a constellation named Scorpius (The Scorpion).
              Look at the link above to read about it.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but it kind of does
              explain Pete's actions in this episode "Hero".
              Last edited by litew8; 03-14-2008, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by litew8
                Pet Ross might also play a part in this.
                Remember when he was hacking into Lex's computer and released the virus?
                The picture they showed on the computer screen was a Scorpion.
                There is a constellation named Scorpius (The Scorpion).
                Look at the link above to read about it.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but it kind of does
                explain Pete's actions in this episode "Hero".
                Thanks, litew8, you've done a great job of explaining the Veritas logo. You've made it simple enough for even those of us not into star-gazing to understand your theory, for the most part. And your reference to Pete Ross's scorpians virus might be due to Pete launching the virus for love of Chloe, who's a Scorpio, if you remember S4's Spell in early November when Chloe had her birthday. But who knows what else Scorpius might be tied to on Smallville?

By the way, Orion's boast that he could defeat any beast (only to be stung by Scorpius) sounds a lot like Lex speaking to Grulian in Gemini about how he always finds a way to win. So Pete "stinging" Lex with the scorpian virus for love of the Scorpio, Chloe, was appropriate.
                Last edited by 4CHLicks; 03-15-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Nice job! Although its hard to understand for me.

Comment

Um, with the exception of Virgill Swann finding it with his super dooper long range telescope, I thought Krypton was light years away from Earth (In super man returns it takes him 6 years to travel to where it was based and back again, although I heard in an episode of Lois and Clark that it was 2) - so how the heck can anyone know it was there if they dont have the technology to see that far into space.....

(Sigh - on second thoughts maybe I now see why it is useful to have Lex as like the 2nd richest man in the world....he can build anything and make anything happen...)

Comment

Originally posted by 4CHLicks
                      Thanks, litew8, you've done a great job of explaining the Veritas logo. You've made it simple enough for even those of us not into star-gazing to understand your theory, for the most part. And your reference to Pete Ross's scorpians virus might be due to Pete launching the virus for love of Chloe, who's a Scorpio, if you remember S4's Spell in early November when Chloe had her birthday. But who knows what else Scorpius might be tied to on Smallville?

By the way, Orion's boast that he could defeat any beast (only to be stung by Scorpius) sounds a lot like Lex speaking to Grulian in Gemini about how he always finds a way to win. So Pete "stinging" Lex with the scorpian virus for love of the Scorpio, Chloe, was appropriate.
                      Thanks 4CHLicks.
                      You picked up on what I was talking about when I mentioned Pete.
                      Not sure about Chloe being the scorpion though. Maybe she's someone/or something else?
                      I'm still reading over some stuff, not sure if it will apply or not.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally Posted by 6-Super-Man
                      Nice job! Although its hard to understand for me.

Originally Posted by svsabbiesv
                      omg thats amazing..I don't exactly know what I'm looking at but good job uncoding it
                      Thanks svsabbiesv & 6-Super-Man. I'll reorganize, simplify and incorporate more later.

Originally posted by bc1sjw
                      Um, with the exception of Virgill Swann finding it with his super dooper long range telescope, I thought Krypton was light years away from Earth (In super man returns it takes him 6 years to travel to where it was based and back again, although I heard in an episode of Lois and Clark that it was 2) - so how the heck can anyone know it was there if they dont have the technology to see that far into space.....

(Sigh - on second thoughts maybe I now see why it is useful to have Lex as like the 2nd richest man in the world....he can build anything and make anything happen...)
                      Lex and the [SPOILER]government[/SPOILER].
                      Last edited by litew8; 03-16-2008, 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think Veritas refers to loinel creating one of superman's villians not an alien but a scientifically based villian. Just like Lex created in Superman 4.

Comment

^
                          Possibly. Even though I detest Superman 4, you make a good point.

Comment

that is wicked cool! like most here I'd imagine, completely over my head, but still amazing!!!

Comment

i'm scared

im just gonna back away from the super intellegent people and keep my pride in check

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎