Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this superpower overdone, or is it just that cool?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this superpower overdone, or is it just that cool?

You've got to admit, the stretchy power has been implemented in a lot of superheroes. (Probably not as many as invulnerability/super-healing power, but that's just a really handy one!) We've got Plastic-man, Elongated-man, Mr. Fantastic, 2 Elasti-Girls (the one from "the Incredibles" actually was the second one, but more famous, I'm sure), & probably others. Is Pete going to have a super name? Probably not if he doesn't keep his powers secret; although the Fantastic Four didn't keep their powers secret, either.
    Gotta say, especially with CGI now, stretchy power is fun to watch!

I can't wait to see how they do this

Comment

i think stretching is a bit lame and corny looking but hopefully smallville makes it look cool and we have never seen it on the show before. except chloe did mention a long time ago cant remember which episode that there was a machanic( i think) who was able to stretch his arm to get a wrench or something. i forget excatly what the episode was but chloe was talking about how some people dont use their power for evil and keep to themselves. could have been the one with that dude hunting meteor freaks back ins season 2 or 3 i think.

Comment

I think stretching is lame, and I think Peter is also lame too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
          I think stretching is lame, and I think Peter is also lame too.
          Ohh k, well thats your opinion, me though, cant wait to see it and the episode as a whole. By the way, its Pete, and not Peter Ross...

Comment

'The Incredible Stretch' is beneath Smallville, in my opinion. Perhaps back when it was meteor freak of the week in the earlier seasons, but I'd hope teh show has matured past that. As its a recurring character- and that character is Pete- I'm hoping in respect for his SL it will be well thought out and done properly.

From the director's cut that was released, I see that he seems to have a purpose and that the special effects aren't too corny.

Comment

wish they'd stop with the meteor freak abilities, it's pretty over-used, at this point......seems EVERYBODY, and ANYBODY can get one.

Comment

Gotta admit that when I heard Pete was returning (briefly) as Stretch-dude, I was a bit disappointed. I thought TPTB could've come up with something a bit less comicky. I'll PMSL if Pete does a Bart (Simpson) and stretches his neck to look around a corner!!!

Comment

Super elastic powers was made a joke by Plastic Man and I never recovered.
                  I like Reed Richards but Plastic Man killed it.
                  Take a look for yourself.......
                  In this series, we see the adventures of Plastic Man, a man who was doused with acid which gave him the ability to manipulate his molecular structure to stre...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                    Super elastic powers was made a joke by Plastic Man and I never recovered.
                    I like Reed Richards but Plastic Man killed it.
                    Take a look for yourself.......
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIoHDB1FUOM
                    "He can even dance!" Bwahahahahaha!

Oh man thanks for that link, that was just pure cheese, a good laugh. I think he just ruined those powers for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
                      Gotta admit that when I heard Pete was returning (briefly) as Stretch-dude, I was a bit disappointed. I thought TPTB could've come up with something a bit less comicky. I'll PMSL if Pete does a Bart (Simpson) and stretches his neck to look around a corner!!!
                      They gave Pete powers in order to reverse roles. For once, Pete will know what it feels like for Clark to save and help people and then, will set out to save him from Lex.

Comment

I wonder if pete's clothes will stretch... probably not that wouldn't make much sense...but then again....never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Ardiem3
                          Ohh k, well thats your opinion, me though, cant wait to see it and the episode as a whole. By the way, its Pete, and not Peter Ross...
                          Yes, see! I even spelled his name wrong coz I hardly pay any attention to him or pay any attention to anything he did or does.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypton935
                            I wonder if pete's clothes will stretch... probably not that wouldn't make much sense...but then again....never mind
                            stretchy clothes = lame
                            So far Pete's return is lame

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                              stretchy clothes = lame
                              So far Pete's return is lame
                              nothing like calling it, like you see it (me TOO) !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎