Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Official Description Of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Official Description Of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse!

We have a new official plot description for Joss Whedon's fledgling show Dollhouse, which gives way more concrete details about the hows and whys of his dystopian future of brainwashed slaves. That's just one of the as-yet-untold stories which we unravel in this morning's dose of spoilers. We also have new clips from L…

The drama stars Dushku as Echo, a member of a group of men and women who are imprinted with different personalities for different assignments. In between tasks they are mind-wiped, living like children in Dollhouse, a futuristic dorm/lab. A group of people, known as "Actives" (or "Dolls"), have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas and hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies and occasional good deeds. When not imprinted, the Actives live, childlike and unremembering, in a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal, and under constant threat from a determined federal agent on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other. The story hinges around a greater and more subtle threat: Echo, a female Active, begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Sounds very Alias meets Sci-Fi. I like it!

Comment

Joss is doing a " Darkangel" theme?? hmmmm Can't wait!!!!

Comment

Should be intresting but I know there is no finished script at leas it doesn' t look to have Firefly issues because FOX greenlight the series before they even saw a pilot so they must be behind it

Comment

if it were anyone but Joss, i wouldn't be too enthused

but i have faith that he can see more than i can, that he is wise and omniscient and i should trust him because he has never let me down

Comment

Originally posted by rebaroz
            Joss is doing a " Darkangel" theme?? hmmmm Can't wait!!!!
            i wouldn't say that it's a dark angel theme at all, they got to keep their memories!

Comment

OMG!!! I can't wait! And Dushku!! Yay!

Comment

The descriptions haven't interested me all that much but I learned my lesson with firefly to watch first before I judge as Joss is a storytelling God and I'm sure that he will create characters, as with all his shows, that I will love and obsess about.

Comment

The description above sounds a lot like My Own Worst Enemy, except they didn't live in the dollhouse.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎