No announcement yet.

i finally figured out why peter can't heal nathan

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i finally figured out why peter can't heal nathan

let's come back to season one. in certain episode, (sorry, i forget which episode.) mophider talked to nathan, he said peter has a power to copy or absord others special abilities. in other words, peter can do what they can do but only when peter thinks about someone who has special power. so IMO, peter only HAVE the power but his blood might not work on nathan.

Season 2 showed he doesnt have to think about someone to use their ability.

He HAS the power and it is instinctual to use it. When he had no memory he used powers and abilities instinctually, he had no memory of where he got them. They were just his.

He heals automatically as well. When he had the glass in his head removed his body healed him automatically. I think his blood works the same as Claires now.

Comment

yes, it's weird. season 2 showed us something against season 1. maybe it's the just the hole. the producer made a mistake in it.

Comment

It's not a hole.

Season 1 Peter was trying to figure out how to use the abilities. Claude was trying to teach him it is instinct. Peter didn't believe Claude but found a way on his own to use them by using his emotions at the time he got the ability to activate them, even though Claude tried to teach him that wasn't nessesary.

For instance peter was thrown off a roof because Claude was hoping he'd learn to fly, when in reality he couldn't 'activate' it because he hadn't learned how to yet.... SPLAT. Peter pancake.

Then Peter instinctually heals himself.

It has always been instinct, Peter just couldn't figure a way to do it without emotions. Now after his amnesia he has learned a new way to access the abilities he knows about, so now he should be more proficient at using them.

Comment

It's like in Smallville, Clark first had to think about *certain activities* to activate his heat vision, but once he practiced, he was able to activate it without that trigger.

Comment

Peter's ability are initiated in the brain, therfore he needs his brain to tell his blood to heal. Therfor once it leaves his body, it's no use, as it's not a native ability he was born with. Claire and Adam were born with this ability and it's a native abilitiy, so their blood injections would be the only ones that work out of their body for other people. Peter's blood out of his body would turn into normal blood as it needs his brain for it to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin0324
              Peter's ability are initiated in the brain, therfore he needs his brain to tell his blood to heal. Therfor once it leaves his body, it's no use, as it's not a native ability he was born with. Claire and Adam were born with this ability and it's a native abilitiy, so their blood injections would be the only ones that work out of their body for other people. Peter's blood out of his body would turn into normal blood as it needs his brain for it to heal.
              totally agreed

but surely Claire will use her blood to heal her own father

Comment

Well, you have to remember clair is in Florida and Nathan is in Texas and they are living out seperate sitiuations. However, Clair will surely see it in the news, but her ability to reach him will be almsot impossible. If she had found the phone number, what would she tell the Police?... "just inject him with my blood... he'll heal." They'd think she's nuts.

Her only ability to reach him would be through The Company, but seeing as Nathan was about to out The Company, they would never let Clair get near him.

I hate to say it, but Nathan is gone in my own opinion.

But who knows, maybe West can fly her there

Comment

If that was the case Adam wouldn't have said that a bullet to the head would kill him. (him being Adam)

Good theory, but I don't agree with it. I think that Peter, like Sylar, alter their own DNA when they absorb an ability, and it becomes theirs. Otherwise Peter would have lost all the abilities when the Hatian erased his memories of ever having them.

Comment

When have we received any evidence/clues/minor hints that this would be the case? Don't assume anything about Peter's powers, it seems like the writers are still figuring out just how they work.

The big question I have about the healing powers, is how to reconcile these two lines:

"They would have killed me if they could"

and

"There's no coming back from that one [being shot in the head]"

and then theres HRG coming back from being shot in the head.

And Ma Patrelli telling Mat to shoot Pete in the head.

Everything contradicts everything else.

Comment

Well, you have to remember clair is in Florida and Nathan is in Texas and they are living out seperate sitiuations. However, Clair will surely see it in the news, but her ability to reach him will be almsot impossible. If she had found the phone number, what would she tell the Police?... "just inject him with my blood... he'll heal." They'd think she's nuts.

Her only ability to reach him would be through The Company, but seeing as Nathan was about to out The Company, they would never let Clair get near him.

I hate to say it, but Nathan is gone in my own opinion.

But who knows, maybe West can fly her there
                      why would she have to say anything at all

why would it be almost impossible to reach him. he is her father. surely if she said she wanted to see the body she could and then she could inject him

sorry i dont understand why it would be that hard

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                        why would she have to say anything at all

why would it be almost impossible to reach him. he is her father. surely if she said she wanted to see the body she could and then she could inject him

sorry i dont understand why it would be that hard
                        Not disagreeing except no one knows he is her father and he is a public figure. Her name doesn't line up and in the time it took to do dna tests there would be no coming back. Not to mention they wouldn't know she wanted to save him without giving up that she is special.

To many barricades to explain away just being able to walk in.

Comment

hmm i see your point... couldnt Pete go to Claire, get the blood and take it to Pete... he can fly so no problems getting to her pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                            It's like in Smallville, Clark first had to think about *certain activities* to activate his heat vision, but once he practiced, he was able to activate it without that trigger.
                            *certain activities* lol, we all know what he means by that.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎