Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten Things I'd Like To See...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with almost all of your ideas craig, but the two that really bugged me in the pilot for this new show was Mike Tracer being such a notorious womanizer (we knew his father was, but we didn't see it nearly as often), and the whole lesbian angle with Det. Ravai (I think it's 100% inappropriate, regardless of current trends, and that's all I'll say). On other notes, I'd love to see a new generation of KARR, plus Patricia MacPherson and Bill Daniels making occasional cameos. I liked the idea of the plane as a new mobile base, and the camouflage modes are nice, too. I just think they need to seriously rethink all the sexual crap.

Comment

The release of news over the past few weeks makes a lot of these complaints disappear as the show runners have fixed a lot of the things that people didn't like about the pilot. I agree with most talk here.
      Some of the things people didn't care for such as the Turbo Boost has been resolved. Turbo Boost is back! The plane seems to have gone the way of the DoDo though as the Satellite Surveillance Center takes center stage as the new base of operations.
      Plus all the talk about The Hoff coming back in the later part of the season with a possibility of the classic KITT returning as well makes me think that this show is going to be as good as the fans hope it to be.

Comment

ok, my Ten things...

1. Garth Knight

we've got Hasslehoff back for the series, instead of only using him for Michael, i'd love to see a storyline where Garth comes back with Goliath... to me, that would be an amazing part of the storyline and a real evolution for the storyline, bringing both old and new Knight Rider together

2. Patricia McPherson

Yeah, i'd love to see Bonnie back in the series again, even just as a guest star or something... maybe a subplot about Bonnie and Michael finally getting together

3. KARR or Goliath

Yeah, ok, don't need to explain this one... kinda throws in with having Garth Knight appear, but having KARR or Goliath in the new series would really bring it up for me...

4. KITT

Ok, i'm not crazy.. i want to see KITT in the series... No, not the three thousand model, i want to see the old Two Thousand model in the Knight Compund, factory, HQ, whatever they're using... maybe have Mike have to use KITT (2000) during a storyline where KITT (3000) is inoperational for some reason...

5. Devon...

ok, having Devon back isn't going to happen... but what happened to the character? show a little back story, it's been nearly 20 years since we last saw the characters, show us a little about what happened with the rest of their lives, did Devon get remarried? have a family? come on, please?

6. More of a 'road trip' feel to the show...

in the original series, not only did Michael go on missions for FLAG, but he also worked as an independant vigialante offering help to whoever needed it... now, i understand the military connections with Mike, but he doesn't need to always be heading back to the Knight Compound for oders like a mindless drone... let him drive about for a bit and have his own adventures like Michael did, not ever adventure needs to be linked to the 'mike has a secret past he can't remember' storyline...

7. More prototypes...

ok, we know we had the KITT (2000) and the KITT (3000), but what about the others?

we know there was KARR from the original series, so it's logical that there were several prototypes for a new KITT before the three thousand... even as prototypes they didn't need to be named KITT... maybe a female one called KARMA (Kight Automated Roving Motobike Assist) or something... show us some more tech and build up the Knight Rider universe, it'll do wonders for the series and fans.

8. Michael and Mike on adventures together...

Maybe even bringing the old KITT out of retirement... i'd love to see KITT (2000) and KITT (3000) with Mike and Michael working together... maybe even a double episode type thing... i bet that would seriously jump the ratings and please old and new fans alike...

9. More of KITT's personality

it was said in the pilot movie that KITT is an AI with the capability to learn from it's driver and evolve independantly... so let KITT evolve, show us some more of his personality and growth... KITT is a major character in the series and deserves the same oppertunity for character development as the rest of the cast

10. more use of the nanoenhanced camoflage

So KITT has this awesome nanotech enhanced camoflage that lets him change colors, numberplates and even slight adjustments to the car... we've seen it once... ignoring the 'transformers' crap that turns KITT into a 4x4 or a van or whatever, i want to see more of KITT using the camoflage system that so far has only made it into the pilot movie when there could have been lots more uses for it in the series

ok, theres my ten things

M

Comment

Originally posted by methos2523
          ok, having Devon back isn't going to happen... but what happened to the character? show a little back story, it's been nearly 20 years since we last saw the characters, show us a little about what happened with the rest of their lives, did Devon get remarried? have a family? come on, please?
          Edward Mulhare's last appearance as Devon Miles was in the 1990 TV movie "Knight Rider 2000" (you can find it as a bonus disc on the Season 1 DVD set). In that storyline, Devon is killed by the ruthless Thomas J. Watts, whose corrupt cops were partly responsible for automatic weapons trafficking, masterminded by an equally-corrupt city mayor.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
            Edward Mulhare's last appearance as Devon Miles was in the 1990 TV movie "Knight Rider 2000" (you can find it as a bonus disc on the Season 1 DVD set). In that storyline, Devon is killed by the ruthless Thomas J. Watts, whose corrupt cops were partly responsible for automatic weapons trafficking, masterminded by an equally-corrupt city mayor.
            yeah, about 20 years ago lol

i'm not actuallt sure if Knight Rider 2000 is canon for the new Knight Rider universe.

M

Comment

It's not and really, Garthe should remain dead.

Anyway, since Craig hasn't mentioned it yet or update the spoilers I won't say what it is exactly but one of those things is apparently coming true in episode 12.

Comment

Okay... the list is good... other things I'd like to see... Stevie, Goliath, and Bonnie. An episode where a KIFT looking vehicle is dropped into a vat of acid or a car crusher would be a nice nod too.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                  I agree with just about every one of those things. The only difference is while I'd like mostly self contained stories I wouldn't mid a few multi episode arcs too or maybe like they've been doing with Doctor Who; have self contained stories that also have a slight hint about an ongoing storyline that you dopn't find out about until the end of the season.

The rest I totally agree with especially brining back the original KITT and Michael Knight and KARR. I'd personally like to KITT and Michael back specifically because of KARR.
                  I agree as far as multi episode arcs should be kept to a minimum... at least until the third season.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎