No announcement yet.

KITT is truly Death Proof

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITT is truly Death Proof

Passengers inside KITT being basically impervious to harm from impacts and collisions and such reminds me of Death Proof (second half of Grindhouse).

And it's funny because the driver of the stunt car in the movie was nicknamed "Stuntman Mike" (in this new Knight Rider, KITT's driver's name is named Mike too).

Anyway, Stuntman Mike thought HIS car was death-proof, well it ain't got nothing on the Knight Industries Three Thousand.

If a series is made, I think a cool idea for an episode would be one homaging Death Proof, with some sort of psychopath stuntman killing people on the roads in much the same way Kurt Russell's character did. Until one day, he finally meets his match (cue the Knight Rider music).
    Last edited by Xanderman; 02-20-2008, 07:27 PM.

Am homage to Death Proof during the series would have me seriously geeking out. I insist on on some Ship's Mast on KITT's roof.

Comment

Lol it looks like you and I are the only Death Proof/Grindhouse fans in this forum, heh. Not surprising, considering how poorly the double feature performed at the box office. One of the most entertaining theater experiences ever IMO, and it bombed. I don't get it. (I didn't really like Death Proof all that much by the way, way too much boring dialogue in it. Planet Terror and the faux trailers were absolutely fantastic though, I bought the PT dvd the day it came out. It was a little cheap they broke the movies up the way they did, without the trailers too. But PT had Machete at least...)

Other cool homages they can do in episodes:

- the classic horror film The Car (I think that was its name, it freaked me out when I was a kid)
      - Mad Max/The Road Warrior
      - Transformers
      - Dukes of Hazzard (Kitt vs the General Lee, lol)

If they do end up doing a series, I hope they have fun with it, with tributes/homages to shows and movies like these.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 02-28-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I preferred Planet Terror at the theater, but once I got both on DVD I was able to examine just how well-crafted Death Proof was and it became tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          Passengers inside KITT being basically impervious to harm from impacts and collisions and such reminds me of Death Proof (second half of Grindhouse).

And it's funny because the driver of the stunt car in the movie was nicknamed "Stuntman Mike" (in this new Knight Rider, KITT's driver's name is named Mike too).

Anyway, Stuntman Mike thought HIS car was death-proof, well it ain't got nothing on the Knight Industries Three Thousand.

If a series is made, I think a cool idea for an episode would be one homaging Death Proof, with some sort of psychopath stuntman killing people on the roads in much the same way Kurt Russell's character did. Until one day, he finally meets his match (cue the Knight Rider music).
          If KITT falls off a cliff (ala Goliath in Goliath Returns), then I'm guessing the impact may destroy him/it. The original KITT had the MBS, and it showed that a fall from a cliff wouldn't kill him (though it would probably kill passengers inside) because KARR fell off a cliff in Trust Doesn't Rust and KITT turbo boosted off a cliff in Forget Me Not.

But the current KITT is different. We saw that KITT's body does take damage that repairs itself because the metal reforms after taking the damage. An impact from a cliff fall would probably cause the liquid metal that makes KITT splatter. The new KITT may also be able to reform himself/itself (like the T1000) after such a fall but passengers inside would surely die.

I was so pissed when the Grindhouse movies were pulled so quickly. I wanted to see them and never got a chance to. And based on the performance, Tarantino will probably never again do something like that. This truly sucks. I have no interest in the DVD set because I heard the fake trailers are missing from them. Plus, they sell them seperately instead of both on a disc as a double feature. And even if the DVD set didn't have these flaws, I want to see these in the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
            I preferred Planet Terror at the theater, but once I got both on DVD I was able to examine just how well-crafted Death Proof was and it became tied.
            Death Proof was ok, I just wish they would have spent more time on action and suspense scenes instead of all the "girl talk" scenes. Tarantino went a little overboard with that, and it took me out of the film. But the dvd experience might change things, as you said, I won't know unless I see it...

Originally posted by xrayvision
            If KITT falls off a cliff (ala Goliath in Goliath Returns), then I'm guessing the impact may destroy him/it. The original KITT had the MBS, and it showed that a fall from a cliff wouldn't kill him (though it would probably kill passengers inside) because KARR fell off a cliff in Trust Doesn't Rust and KITT turbo boosted off a cliff in Forget Me Not.

But the current KITT is different. We saw that KITT's body does take damage that repairs itself because the metal reforms after taking the damage. An impact from a cliff fall would probably cause the liquid metal that makes KITT splatter. The new KITT may also be able to reform himself/itself (like the T1000) after such a fall but passengers inside would surely die.

I was so pissed when the Grindhouse movies were pulled so quickly. I wanted to see them and never got a chance to. And based on the performance, Tarantino will probably never again do something like that. This truly sucks. I have no interest in the DVD set because I heard the fake trailers are missing from them. Plus, they sell them seperately instead of both on a disc as a double feature. And even if the DVD set didn't have these flaws, I want to see these in the theater.
            Kitt might be destroyed beyond repair by a cliff drop if his computer system is off at the time though, as the nanobots or whatever they are only function when it's on.

The exact same thing happened to me, I wanted to see Grindhouse again but it suddenly vanished from the landscape. That sucked. You're right, its bombing lowers the chance of another Grindhouse being made anytime soon, which also sucks. I wonder if Machete will still be made though...

By the way, the Planet Terror dvd has the Machete trailer at least, which is arguably the best one.

Comment

This is like Star Trek with enertial dampeners... somehow KITT has dampeners to reduce the force of enertia from hammering your inerds... with that said.. it's all crap. They supersized KITT to like Superman of the 70's-80's... TOO POWERFUL. I think this show has jumped the shark already...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonedollar
                This is like Star Trek with enertial dampeners... somehow KITT has dampeners to reduce the force of enertia from hammering your inerds... with that said.. it's all crap. They supersized KITT to like Superman of the 70's-80's... TOO POWERFUL. I think this show has jumped the shark already...
                So KITT has no Kryptonite. That poses a challenge for the writers to actually think. It will be interesting to see what they do.

Comment

Kitt does have his kryptonite, it's his computer system being turned off. Without his nano-slaves, which function only with the computer working, he can probably be severely damaged or even destroyed.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 03-05-2008, 01:41 AM.

Comment

This show made KITT too powerful. The original KITT was virtually indestructible (body wise). In fact, if I recall correctly, there was never anything done to the original KITT that actually destroyed the car's shell. Just the computer equipment that made up KITT inside.

This KITT could have some sever limitations in the durability department. The original could get shot by tanks all day, and not have a scratch. THe new KITT, actually takes damage, though it fixes quickly. If you tax the system with too much, too fast, the new KITT would be one worthless thing that have. I'd like to see the new KITT, with how they've presented it in the show/movie, take a tank shell, and be fine afterwards. That should tear the new KITT a new one, both literally and figuratively.

Besides, the original could take a hit from a semi, head on, and not move. He was even pushing semi's, and cars would frequently be sent flying from hitting him.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                      This show made KITT too powerful. The original KITT was virtually indestructible (body wise). In fact, if I recall correctly, there was never anything done to the original KITT that actually destroyed the car's shell. Just the computer equipment that made up KITT inside.

This KITT could have some sever limitations in the durability department. The original could get shot by tanks all day, and not have a scratch. THe new KITT, actually takes damage, though it fixes quickly. If you tax the system with too much, too fast, the new KITT would be one worthless thing that have. I'd like to see the new KITT, with how they've presented it in the show/movie, take a tank shell, and be fine afterwards. That should tear the new KITT a new one, both literally and figuratively.

Besides, the original could take a hit from a semi, head on, and not move. He was even pushing semi's, and cars would frequently be sent flying from hitting him.
                      I remember KITT being torn up pretty bad by Goliath.
                      And at the end of this TV movie KITT has special upgrades to prevent what the villans did to make his protective skin fail. So his Kryptonite doesnt exist unless someone breaks through his upgrades. How many times can that happen before you kill the series?

Comment

You know what? It's cheesy fictional badassery. Not meant to make you think or get into the physics of it, and not meant for you to expect KITT to ever really be destroyed. The final impact in the show made my 50+ year-old Dad let out a, "Woah." I've never heard him react to anything, especially not with a "Woah."

Comment

The original was torn up pretty bad by Goliath, because Goliath also had a molecular bonded shell. It negated the protective factor of KITT's shell, and became a case of Trans-Am versus Semi. I can tell you from experience, the semi's always win.

They even explained in the show, that if KITT came up against something else with an MBS, whichever vehicle or object was the more powerful of the two would win. Coming up against something else with an MBS, effectively negated the MBS on KITT.

The new KITT is entirely more easily destroyed. The new KITT, wasn't vulnerable because they hacked his system. he was vulnerable because the nanotech repair system only works when the car is on. Anytime KITT powers down, he's just another Mustang, and if you did something like put a Bomb on his undercarriage, and detonated it, he'd be done for.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                            he was vulnerable because the nanotech repair system only works when the car is on. Anytime KITT powers down, he's just another Mustang, and if you did something like put a Bomb on his undercarriage, and detonated it, he'd be done for.
                            That's definitely his kryptonite. No working computer means no nano slaves which means no super car.

Comment

So long as his computer is on he is pretty much invulnerable however if it should go off for some reason then he is just as fragile as an ordinary car

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎