Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lana taking Chloe's old role?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She isnt trying to be chloe, but why waste that expensive equipment? She can't be a spy, so why not be a hacker. Atleast she is on the right side now helping Clark. Not to mention, the last few times clark did ask chloe for help, she brushed him off because of herself trying to keep an in at the daliy planet. Clark had to go somewhere, so Lana works out in this case. But now having the 3 of them working together, it works I think

Comment

Lana Lang = Heidi Fleiss

OK. I don't want to seem harsh but....the character of Lana Lang as developed for SV up until this season had an uncanny resemblance to Heidi Fleiss. She even resembles her physically. I think the producers and writers finally figured out just recently that the character needs to be able to do more than "perform" in bed if she is going to hold anyone's interest for longer than 5 seconds. That''s why so many people complain about the character. And in Fracture she was performing in bed again.

She was at her best when she was running the Talon. It's been downhill ever since she left for Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
        i do feel lana running isis computing center is a bit forced writing to get her back into the plot.
        I agree. I prefer her as an LI. After all, that's been her role on the show for 6+ years. Her showdowns with Clark have been especially good. I want to see more "truth" between Clark and Lana. A Chlana showdown as promised in Wrath. Did you see KK's reaction to Chloe in Wrath? She was awesome.

Comment

i kno poor chloe, but hey, chloe kind of sum it up at the end...about her abilities, so maybe they are gonna go with that
          that sucks

Comment

I think they've written themselves into a corner with Lana. They just have no idea what to do with her anymore.

She's no longer really useful as a romantic interest for Clark, because it's pretty obvious that the relationship there is going nowhere but downhill. Lex is now obsessed with Kara. I think they're just trying to toss her into the fray in any capacity merely to show her presence. They really need to have her move on and become her own person again. I think they should have her take a TRUE interest in this Isis foundation and have her really try to help the meteor infected. Branch her out and have her character regain some respect.

With Chloe and Lois taking more of the forefront (and rightfully so, both are FAR more interesting right now) they really need to find a place for Lana to fit in, and they pseudo 'Watchtower' just isn't working.

Comment

I am just not us to seeing Lana in front of a computer clicking away ...to me that's Chloe's thing even Lois would say that Chloe is the computer know it all.

Comment

in the last two eppys it seems that the only time clark goes to lana is when it involves lex, i dunno it may just be me tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ChlarkisLove21
                  in the last two eppys it seems that the only time clark goes to lana is when it involves lex, i dunno it may just be me tho.
                  Good point. Probably because she has the easiest access to information regarding Lex and Luthorcorp. I still think that they have no clue what to do with her though. That and it's pretty strange that she became superhacker overnight. I miss Chloe being Clark's TechnoCrutch.

Comment

i think that Lana is trying to be more helpful to Clark by spying on Lex, and who to be the perfect person to do so than the ex-wife herself.

Comment

I don't think Lana is taking Chloe's old role. She's only "expert" on Lex IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by God-Man
                        Lana took Chloe's role as master hacker. Lois took Chloe's role as reporter extraordinare. It's almost as if they're phasing Chloe's character out...
                        Well her contract is almost up, and they gave her this very convenient power (in a literary sense) that kills her and leaves her for dead longer and longer with each use. A Clark healing is certain to happen. We all know very well what a healing of that size will do.
                        It doesn't take a slide rule to know what's gonna happen pretty soon.
                        Last edited by Legendary Lois & Clark; 02-15-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

She's trying to be Chloe just because the writers decided she had computing skills overnight? well, it's not any different than Lois wanting to be a reporter overnight. not trying to diss anyone but not everything revolves around chloe! and she also helped Bizaro find Braniac in persona so she's not just an expert in the luther files. Beside's Lana has all those things for something different, she's working with people that are meteor infected so it's not like she's trying to steal Chloe's dreams.

all these girls have something different to offer and they are offering it to Clark when he needs it and that's more than enough for me. as long as they're both loyal to Clark who cares who does what? and in fracture we saw that they can all work together for the greater good. so I ask what's the problem?

Comment

If Lana is taking Chloe's role as the source of information, then what would Chloe's new role be?

Comment

Originally posted by Guidron
                              I think they've written themselves into a corner with Lana. They just have no idea what to do with her anymore.

She's no longer really useful as a romantic interest for Clark, because it's pretty obvious that the relationship there is going nowhere but downhill. Lex is now obsessed with Kara. I think they're just trying to toss her into the fray in any capacity merely to show her presence. They really need to have her move on and become her own person again. I think they should have her take a TRUE interest in this Isis foundation and have her really try to help the meteor infected. Branch her out and have her character regain some respect.

With Chloe and Lois taking more of the forefront (and rightfully so, both are FAR more interesting right now) they really need to find a place for Lana to fit in, and they pseudo 'Watchtower' just isn't working.
                              That's what I was thinking!

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it goes here more than it did there. I do think they are trying to find a way to keep Lana in the story, and I also agree that her hacking abilities and key-word phrases are a bit out of nowhere. Unless you count Lex's influence on her, which is really the only way I can justify it. However, since Lex now controls the DP, it's made Lana's little spy center a lot more useful. Chloe can't do her usual hacking/investigating without big brother watching. So while I think their reasoning behind the whole thing is contrived, it has been set up to move in this direction the whole season, so it's not exactly a lightswitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎