Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes/Inconsistencies & Plotholes in Fracture

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lex was talking to Lois. Lois said something like "you lo-jacked her?". Lex then replied something like "she could get amnesia again". I thought that was a cheap excuse. Lex knew where she was - maybe he just wanted to track her - to see where she went - maybe give him some clues about Clark? And the lo-jack - that was presumably the necklace, right?

----- Added 1 Hours and 18 Minutes later -----

Kara didn't appear to have had her bracelet on when she got zapped from the FOS to Detroit - yet we seen it in this episode.
    Last edited by litew8; 02-14-2008, 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Let's see:

Lex being shot in the face, dumped in a ditch somewhere and miraculously found and magically airlifted to Smallville from Detroit and survives?

Lionel getting Lex's body out of the hospital to a secret bunker and returning him completely healed with no questions asked by any medical staff at SMC?

Clark finds Kara and realizes she has amnesia but let's her cozy up to Lex at the Talon where she is at risk of spilling everything under lex's treatment?

Chloe drops dead for 18 hours, Clark sits at her bedside hoping for her to come back and nobody (namely Lana or Lois) is the wiser or even wonders where they went or what happened?

Awful. Just awful.
      Last edited by red_sun1938; 02-15-2008, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Lois knowing who Kara is and has let her borrow her jeans before. We never seen Lois even mention Kara before have we?

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
          Lois knowing who Kara is and has let her borrow her jeans before. We never seen Lois even mention Kara before have we?
          Yeah, that was really forced in there wasn't it?

This "offscreensville" place must be pretty cool, huh?

Comment

What really frosts my jiggers is that in the first scene where Kara sat behind that fence she could have simply climbed over it to break free. There was no razor wire over the gate.

Comment

where was Lana when Chloe enter the room to check what was going on with Clark or when she healed Lex ??? Did Lana go somewhere else??? cause I don't remember

Comment

That just occurred to me as well.

Something else that got my attention is I think they cut some of Alexander's dialog in the last scene before Clark went through the red door. It looks to me like Alexander's lips are still moving, yet no dialog is heard. I suspect some dialog was cut in the scene, but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by valebv
                  where was Lana when Chloe enter the room to check what was going on with Clark or when she healed Lex ??? Did Lana go somewhere else??? cause I don't remember
                  She probably high tailed it to her computer room to watch the whole thing on one of her monitors. That way she'll know everything that happened and the writers won't have to explain it when she knows all about it in the next ep. LOL

Comment

Not that it's terribly important, but it immediately struck me as strange that Alexander was painting the toy Roman soldier with his right hand when Lex is left handed. Usually when Lex is shown doing something with his right hand it's for a significant reason, like emphasizing that the "Lex" that robbed the Smallville S&L in season 1 was not the real Lex but Tina Greer.

Comment

euterpe, you pay better attention the writers.
                      Good eye.

Comment

The window behind Lex changes here

A major plot device was first shown here that screws with continuity of the series, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but this was the first episode to feature a new Window behind Lex's desk that has to do with the Veritas story line. In a future episode there is a reason for this, but we do get flashbacks that show this same window being there while Lex is still a child. How for the whole series up until this point we had an L behind Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by annericelover
                          A major plot device was first shown here that screws with continuity of the series, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but this was the first episode to feature a new Window behind Lex's desk that has to do with the Veritas story line. In a future episode there is a reason for this, but we do get flashbacks that show this same window being there while Lex is still a child. How for the whole series up until this point we had an L behind Lex.
                          Not really a continuity mistake. If you watch the episode "Arrival" (and a few others), you'll see the stain glass window in question be smashed. After which, it would've had to have been replaced. Not to mention, the location of the crest changed after season four (further highlighting that it hasn't been the same window since season one). For it to have been a continuity error, the window itself would've had to have remained unchanged since the pilot episode, but it hasn't. It has visibly been altered and smashed several times.

And, because of that, any window in a flashback (that featured the Veritas symbol) was clearly not the same glass as in season one (when the crest was higher up, whereas flashbacks features the crest in its post-season 4 location). Lionel probably removed the stain glass with the Veritas symbol on the crest, after Veritas was over. And replaced the glass with a crest, that didn't have the Veritas symbol pre-2001. The original glass was probably put in storage (in the basement). Then, after the window's been smashed numerous times some member of the staff says:
                          "Hey, Mr. Luthor. There is a glass for this window in the basement. We could use that, instead of buying new glass... for the 500th time."
                          And Lex replies: "See to it."

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            The bullet between the eyes was farfetched.
                            Not really. In "Craving", they establish that Lex has a perfect immune system (never getting sick), that's implied to have been caused by meteor infection. In "Exodus"/"Exile", he survives a plane crash. In "Extinction", Lex is listed as a suspected MF, with some type of invulnerability. In "Oracle", Brainiac injects Lex with a serum, that grants his rapid healing ability. One that Lex still had, after Zod was pulled from his body. Sure, he still got hurt afterwards (just means that the serum wasn't as strong over time). Later in season 7, Lex has his chest carved into. Yet, he's got no scars in season 8. He heals faster than a normal human (it's just not at a Wolverine exaggerated level).

So, Lex being able to survive a bullet to the head isn't so farfetched. Not to mention, people have survived getting a bullet in the head, in real life. Only it's a very small number (like 5%). If Lex does have some degree of invulnerability and enhanced healing (again, don't look at Wolverine, when talking about enhanced healing abilities), it would've only increased his chances. And he didn't survive. He died and Chloe had to use her power to bring him back. He just didn't instantly die, when he got shot.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎