TV Ratings for Fracture

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shame, really, cause this was one of the few good episodes this season has had.

Comment

I agree, this episode was good.

Comment

Last week ratings was up, this week it was down. Well lets get to it fans, keep doing our job of promoting the show and spread the word. And besides, sometimes people have to work and are kinda busy , so they might not have to watch it, maybe if they air the episode again or make sure everybody is able to watch it, or maybe promote the show better, well the ratings will stay up.

Lets hope the next new episode, the ratings will go up

Comment

I am hoping the next episode has really high ratings, I think "Traveler" is gonna get around 3.5 million and "Veritas" is gonna get 4 million and over, I think the last five will be successful, but thats my call, its up to the people to watch, but I agree, sometimes people have jobs and can't watch it.

Comment

Ratings

Thats the problem the CW does not promote Smallville, I get Entertainment Weekly and only have seen promotion,s for GG, OTH, TWild, etc. If this network (if we want to be so bold) had the faintest ideal of how to market anything we would not be in this state with this great show in my HP!!!!

Oh! and there is a large group of us older citizens that like and watch this show each week of course the networks and advertisers don't think we spent any money so they treat us like we don't exist. Hopefully we will get another season, got my fingers crossed! Anyhow my two cents worth....

Take Care,

Jack
            Last edited by jack1487; 02-16-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1487
              Oh! and there is a large group of us older citizens that like and watch this show each week of course the networks and advertisers don't think we spent any money so they treat us like we don't exist.
              Very true.
              I sometimes feel like the CW wants me to apologize for the fact that I am not 14 years anymore.....

Comment

Originally posted by jack1487
                Thats the problem the CW does not promote Smallville, I get Entertainment Weekly and only have seen promotion,s for GG, OTH, TWild, etc. If this network (if we want to be so bold) had the faintest ideal of how to market anything we would not be in this state with this great show in my HP!!!!

Oh! and there is a large group of us older citizens that like and watch this show each week of course the networks and advertisers don't think we spent any money so they treat us like we don't exist. Hopefully we will get another season, got my fingers crossed! Anyhow my two cents worth....

Take Care,

Jack
                Ditto! Not everyone who tunes in is 18-34 and some of us are even over 50. The odd fact is that us older viewers are the ones who can actually afford to buy the crap that is advertised during the commercial breaks.

If many are like me, we go directly from SV to something else on another channel because SV is about the best the CW has to offer IMO. SO it would be in the CW's best interest to promote the show - even if it only has this and maybe next season left.

Another Jack

PS - I still believe that the major cable outage in South Florida influenced this rating. There are 6 million people in South Florida and if half are on cable, that's 3 million. If half of those were effected, that's 1.5 million without cable during SV although I think there are more people with cable than satellite (due to the weather down here). If 15% normally watched SV, then that's 225K less viewers for SV. That could have put the numbers closer to 3.9 Million viewers - a slight dip from the previous week.
                Last edited by Jack-El49; 02-16-2008, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Something else to spoil the correct ratings number for this episode is that the cable went out in Flagstaff, Arizona that evening! My friend was all prepared to watch it, as I had seen it the night before, but was unable to do so. Who knows, that could have also affected other areas near there, as it seems as if the bad weather was to blame!

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                    You can't compare it to last season. Last season, there wasn't a writer's strike to make everyone think there probably aren't any new episodes anyway. Not everyone watches spoiler boards and forums.

Although, a Kara and "Lex's mind" centered show isn't the same as Clark centered. It does nothing for Clark's story, or Lois, or anything else for that matter. And we don't even know how many more episodes we'll ever see, or if there's a next season, so when they steer away from Clark, what motivation do we have to watch?
                    The motivation of this show being, and having always been, about Clark *and* Lex's journey.

Comment

Originally posted by In Love with Chole
                      Very true.
                      I sometimes feel like the CW wants me to apologize for the fact that I am not 14 years anymore....

Yeah, the same goes for me too and I must say that I pass 50 about 20 years ago and also feel that they want to slap me on the wrist for it, or somewhere else!!!!

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                      Ditto! Not everyone who tunes in is 18-34 and some of us are even over 50. The odd fact is that us older viewers are the ones who can actually afford to buy the crap that is advertised during the commercial breaks.

If many are like me, we go directly from SV to something else on another channel because SV is about the best the CW has to offer IMO. SO it would be in the CW's best interest to promote the show - even if it only has this and maybe next season left.

Another Jack

PS - I still believe that the major cable outage in South Florida influenced this rating. There are 6 million people in South Florida and if half are on cable, that's 3 million. If half of those were effected, that's 1.5 million without cable during SV although I think there are more people with cable than satellite (due to the weather down here). If 15% normally watched SV, then that's 225K less viewers for SV. That could have put the numbers closer to 3.9 Million viewers - a slight dip from the previous week.

The only other show that I watch is Supernatural after that it's to some other channel I can't see what CBS (and I am saying this as a retiree) and Warner Brother's sees in the top staff that they have placed in charge, I mean what have they done nothing, nothing and more nothing no imagination from anyone of them, heck Shelby has more then they do..

Also yes, I agree that the outage's most likely caused a ratings dip it was a very good show... Anyhow my 2cents once again...

Take Care,

Jack
                      Last edited by jack1487; 02-16-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
                        Kara................4.59 million*
                        Fierce..............4.82 million*
                        Cure................5.18 million*
                        Action..............4.65 million*
                        Lara................4.38 million*
                        Wrath..............4.64 million*
                        Blue.................4.51 million*
                        Gemini.............3.71 million*
                        Persona............3.81 million*
                        Siren.................4.01 million*
                        Fracture..............3.63 million*
                        * - Final Rating
                        Season Average - 4.43 million

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                          The motivation of this show being, and having always been, about Clark *and* Lex's journey.

Yes, it is Midgard Dragon, but there may only be a few episodes left. We aren't sure of another season, so why look into Lex's mind? If we had a few season's to go it would be fine. I thought it was an ok episode. But it proceeded another break after only 3 episodes.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by minerva73
                          Isn't there always some kind of hiatus during the years around this time? In Season 6, it was from February 15th to March 15th. This year it's from February 14th to March 13th.
                          No matter how it's paced, there would have been at least 6-7 episodes before another break, this one was only 3. It's not a good audience incentive, IMO.
                          Last edited by curiosity; 02-16-2008, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                            Yes, it is Midgard Dragon, but there may only be a few episodes left. We aren't sure of another season, so why look into Lex's mind? If we had a few season's to go it would be fine. I thought it was an ok episode. But it proceeded another break after only 3 episodes.
                            For starters, it wasn't supposed to lead into another break.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                              For starters, it wasn't supposed to lead into another break.

It doesn't change the fact that we don't know if we'll get another seaon, so look into Clark, not Lex. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzaroboy9
                                Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
                                Kara................4.59 million*
                                Fierce..............4.82 million*
                                Cure................5.18 million*
                                Action..............4.65 million*
                                Lara................4.38 million*
                                Wrath..............4.64 million*
                                Blue.................4.51 million*
                                Gemini.............3.71 million*
                                Persona............3.81 million*
                                Siren.................4.01 million*
                                Fracture..............3.63 million*
                                * - Final Rating
                                Season Average - 4.43 million
                                Lowest of the season. I would have expected this episode to lower next weeks viewers, not last weeks lowering this weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎