TV Ratings for Fracture

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past week, I watched the CW on TV to see a Smallville promotion and I think I only saw about 5, come on CW, you can promo more for your highest rating drama show!

Comment

Ouch

That does suck, especially because I really liked Siren and thought more people would turn in next week.

However, being at school alot of people drove home for the long weekend. Monday is a day off so everyone goes home. About half of the 20,000 don't have classes on Friday, then you add those who skipped.

Or is this related to the writers strike damage?
      Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Like I posted earlier, much of the 6 Million people in South Florida Fort Lauderdale to South Miami last night were without cable (thatnks Comcast) and that may have had a small effect on SV.

Comment

I like to check the ratings just like all of you other fans, but I think it really is taken out of context.

remember, dvr's are more prevalent in homes today then they were a year ago (and years past where the numbers did better).

does it really matter at this point what the ratings for smallville are getting? it's not like the series is trying to establish itself. it has already been around and most likely going to be around next season to finish up-so i dont understand why people are getting so bent out of shape for it.

new shows like one tree hill, supernatural, and the "critically acclaimed" gossip girl all do worst on average compared to smallville.

what do ratings mean anyways in a couple years for a show that will get its full run? nothing. The CW sucks and luckily smallville stuck around after season 5 and the CW will be around long enough when the show ends, so fans lucked out in that case.

the ratings, to me, have no indication people stop watching the show. i could care less if 8 million watched in 2001 compared to 4 million in 2008.

Comment

Oh trust me I know ratings are not nearly as important as they are made out to be, but the networks consider them important still. They've yet to figure out that more people than just a bunch of homes with Nielsen boxes are watching their show, for some reason. Especially since Nielsen boxes are more uncommon than they are common (considering that even the homes with Nielsen boxes have many TV's in other rooms that aren't hooked up to the box). But since the network considers them important, then technically they are important.

However, in context, Smallville is doing decent-to-good. They're still the top scripted show on this network, and the only shows that ever get above it are ANTM and Smackdown (which I believe CW is losing anyway). I think many of us are just puzzled why a great episode with a great promo following a great episode with two DC heroes managed to sink in the ratings. Very strange thing to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JEWCY
              the ratings, to me, have no indication people stop watching the show. i could care less if 8 million watched in 2001 compared to 4 million in 2008.
              If you have investments you want to get the highest possible return on investment you can. If you can't, then you move your money elsewhere. The networks are in it to make $, I'm sure they watch them closely just like investors watch their investments close

Comment

JEWCY, I think the reasons why the ratings are still important for SV are 1) it determines how high the budget will be for future episodes, 2) whether or not the CW will expand the final season by a few episodes, and 3) they will determine whether or not we get some sort of spin-off in the future.

But this time next year, the ratings will make no difference at all.

Btw, VD may have had an effect on last night's numbers. I'm interested in seeing the L+7 when they're made available.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Matt, I agree that "Fracture" had a very good trailer, but I think the problem is that it may have made it look a bit too much like SN, and SV is more of a family show than SN is.

Also, what's w/ the CW's fear of saying more episodes are still coming this season when there's a repeat the next week?
                Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-15-2008, 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                  JEWCY, I think the reasons why the ratings are still important for SV are 1) it determines how high the budget will be for future episodes, 2) whether or not the CW will expand the final season by a few episodes, and 3) they will determine whether or not we get some sort of spin-off in the future.

But this time next year, the ratings will make no difference at all.

Btw, VD may have had an effect on last night's numbers. I'm interested in seeing the L+7 when they're made available.
                  yea i understand your point there...i like smallville more for the dialogue and character interactions than the special effects...not to say i don't like them or want them to be bad.

Comment

I agree, I think alot of people recorded "Fracture" because of Valentine's Day plans. Great episode, hope it goes up in the Finals.

Comment

Yeah I agree, most people i think recorded "Fracture"

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                        Has anyone noticed that the episodes promoted as being more "Lex-Centric" ("Fracture," "Onyx," "Lexmas," etc.) usually take a dip in the ratings? I wonder why, considering they're usually some of the best.
                        I was about to point that out until I saw your post.

Except I disagree about the last part...but that's not what this thread's about so...!

Comment

Finals:
                          Viewers: 3.673 million
                          HH: 2.4/4
                          A18-49: 1.5/4
                          A18-34: 1.6/5

Source: PI Feedback

I don't think there was much change.

Interesting to note, though, is that "Fracture's" 18-34 year old (the CW's target demographic) rating (1.6/5) is the same as "Gemini" and "Persona" and that despite hitting a season low, SV is still the CW's number one scripted program.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                            this is not good.
                            W’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.67 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4). Compared to the year-ago evening, this original edition of Smallville dipped by a hefty 1.07 million viewers (4.76 to 3.67 million) and 21 percent among adults 18-49 (1.9/ 5 to 1.5/ 4). If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring.

You can't compare it to last season. Last season, there wasn't a writer's strike to make everyone think there probably aren't any new episodes anyway. Not everyone watches spoiler boards and forums.

Although, a Kara and "Lex's mind" centered show isn't the same as Clark centered. It does nothing for Clark's story, or Lois, or anything else for that matter. And we don't even know how many more episodes we'll ever see, or if there's a next season, so when they steer away from Clark, what motivation do we have to watch?

While the graphic scene for Lex and Lana was "eww" and kind of shocking and might help break them up, we already knew about that, and didn't really need to see into Lex's mind. I would rather have seen Lois chasing down some criminals, unkown criminals, and Clark helping her and saving her.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
                            And now with another hiatus coming up? Thats terrible timing.
                            Another hiatus coming is THE PROBLEM.
                            Last edited by curiosity; 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity

Another hiatus coming is THE PROBLEM.
                              Isn't there always some kind of hiatus during the years around this time? In Season 6, it was from February 15th to March 15th. This year it's from February 14th to March 13th.

Comment

Looks like we reached the seasonal '2nd-half decline'....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎