TV Ratings for Fracture

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BestEpisodeEver-321, come out, come out, wherever you are!

Comment

Why it could go up? Minimal Lana. IF they would just promote that or the idea that Clark is finally getting a clue then the ratings would go way up. Sadly, they haven't figured this out yet. I've never felt that Smallville was promoted as much as it should be from the very beginning. Trailers at end of eps always help if they're well done but hurt if they are terribly misleading as they sometimes are. That makes viewers unhappy. The more casual viewer could easiliy be turned off by such tactics just as much as by too much of unpleasant characters and lack of continuity and poor characterizations of the main character, Clark. I sometimes wonder about the mindset of those in charge of hyping this or other shows on the CW because they don't always do a very good job and that does affect the ratings.

When do the ratings come out?

Comment

Well the overnights are in and they are the lowest of the season.

CW’s Smallville (2.8/ 4)

__________________________________________________ _______

Season 7 Week to Week

Bizarro............5.18 million*
        Kara................4.59 million*
        Fierce..............4.82 million*
        Cure................5.18 million*
        Action..............4.65 million*
        Lara................4.38 million*
        Wrath..............4.64 million*
        Blue.................4.51 million*
        Gemini.............3.71 million*
        Persona............3.81 million*
        Siren.................4.01 million*
        Fracture..............?

* - Final Rating

Season Average - 4.50 million

Comment

Here's what Marc Berman had to say:

"If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring."

He also labeled it as "Fading Fast."

All things considered, I don't think that that's a very fair assessment. Also, I think it's funny how he never once praised SV's ratings when it was doing well this season, but the second it slips, he's all over it.
          Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 02-15-2008, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
            Here's what Marc Berman had to say:

"If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring."

He also labeled it as "Fading Fast."

All things considered, I don't think that that's a very fair assessment. Also, I think it's funny how he never once praised SV's ratings when it was doing well this season, but the second it slips, he's all over it.
            He sounds about as out-of-touch as The CW itself. It's funny how one of their few ratings-winners is "fading fast". I bet he went on to praise Gossip Girl as the next big thing.

Comment

this is not good.
              W’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.67 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4). Compared to the year-ago evening, this original edition of Smallville dipped by a hefty 1.07 million viewers (4.76 to 3.67 million) and 21 percent among adults 18-49 (1.9/ 5 to 1.5/ 4). If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring.

Comment

I think they should end it this season with a 2 hour movie. Al/Miles need to chill with their greed and leave on their terms not on CW's.

Comment

And now with another hiatus coming up? Thats terrible timing.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                    I think they should end it this season with a 2 hour movie. Al/Miles need to chill with their greed and leave on their terms not on CW's.
                    Al/Miles term are to do *at least* a 10 episode arc to finish out the series. That won't happen if they end it at this season. A shortened Season 8 (12 episodes, IMO) would be the perfect way to end it. It's not about greed at this point (other than CW's apparent lack of it since they want to kill their high rated scripted shows) but finishing the story in a non-rushed way.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                      this is not good.
                      Ws Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.67 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4). Compared to the year-ago evening, this original edition of Smallville dipped by a hefty 1.07 million viewers (4.76 to 3.67 million) and 21 percent among adults 18-49 (1.9/ 5 to 1.5/ 4). If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring.
                      At least it's not a series low.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                        this is not good.
                        W’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.67 million; A18-49: #4, 1.5/ 4). Compared to the year-ago evening, this original edition of Smallville dipped by a hefty 1.07 million viewers (4.76 to 3.67 million) and 21 percent among adults 18-49 (1.9/ 5 to 1.5/ 4). If the CW was in better shape, Smallville would probably conclude this spring.
                        So CW should cancel their highest rated scripted show.

Yeah this guy is a genius

Comment

Has anyone noticed that the episodes promoted as being more "Lex-Centric" ("Fracture," "Onyx," "Lexmas," etc.) usually take a dip in the ratings? I wonder why, considering they're usually some of the best.

Comment

Smallville just got kicked in the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                              And now with another hiatus coming up? Thats terrible timing.
                              The next three weeks Idol will be on Thursday, so maybe it's more of a good thing?

If the CW advertises right, I think the next group of episodes could possibly bring some of the old viewers back.

Also, by the time the next new episode airs PCD, ANTM, BatG, EHC, AiA, and possibly The Game will all be back and airing new eps., so that means more people who will see the new SV promos.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                                If the CW advertises right, I think the next group of episodes could possibly bring some of the old viewers back.
                                That's the thing The CW DOESN'T advertise right Samllville.....they are taking it for granted

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎