No announcement yet.

This show is not returning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This show is not returning

I just heard it on the news. Post strike, which is over as of Monday, this show was listed as not returning. Oh well, I kinda liked it.

Unsurprising, really. It wasn't a ratings grabber and other than the pilot and the episode where she used an accent it never had much to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
      Unsurprising, really.
      I have to agree.

Comment

I'm not surprised. It was a terrible show. It was terrible because it has soooo much potential to be such an awesome show but they blew it by turning jamie into a boy chasing vicitm, oblivious to the corruption of the group that violated her. I was very dissapointed.

Comment

true, it was awful, but i wanted to see katee sackhoff as sarah corvus, i thought that was good at least...for all ten seconds of it

Comment

Sarah corvus was and awesome character. Katie sackhoff is an awesome actress!

Comment

So there weren't any other episodes filmed to tie it up? That would be nice.

Comment

I was understanding that NBC had stated that the final 5 episode commitment would be filmed and a decision made after that. What changed?

Comment

^
                  OMG, that avi is hilarious.....

Comment

BW has pretty much been canceled. Most shows canceled in their first season don't get a chance to tie things up, and I can't imagine them making special consideration for BW.

I think that, during the strike, the networks were unwilling to really commit to getting rid of anything. But, even then, it seemed like NBC was ready to let BW go. And I think that's even more true now.

Of course, I think the failure of BW is, in large part, NBC's fault. They desperately needed a hit, and decided BW was their best chance to get one. So they hurried it on the air, despite the fact that everyone following things could tell it wasn't ready, and the folks behind the scenes could use more time making improvements. I guess they figured the show being called Bionic Woman was enough to make it a hit, never mind whether it was actually good or not.

Comment

This show was soooo bad. Its a real shame. I thought it had great potential.

Comment

I thought the lead actress was bad for the part from day one, she never struck me as good looking enough. I mean a bionic woman has got to be a total bionic babe too, or else what's the point, right?

To quote myself in my own thread (Dark Angel, Birds of Prey, now Bionic Woman):
                        The Bionic Woman has been deactivated, but you can still talk about the series starring Michelle Ryan here!

"Personally I think they could have done a much better job on casting the lead. Michelle Ryan is pretty, but let's face it, she's no Jessica Alba/Ashley Scott."
                        (I think I nailed the primary reason for its downfall right then and there.)

So yeah, casting wasn't the greatest in the series, and that hurt it as much as anything, probably more than anything, if you ask yours truly.
                        Last edited by Xanderman; 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                          I thought the lead actress was bad for the part from day one, she never struck me as good looking enough. I mean a bionic woman has got to be a total bionic babe too, or else what's the point, right?
                          I disagree. In fact, the original BW wasn't exactly a super model. She was very pretty, don't get me wrong. But she was more of an average, everyday kind of pretty.

Michelle Ryan's problem wasn't that she wasn't pretty enough. She just didn't have the right attitude. On those occasions when she tried to be all tough and assertive, it was very hard to buy. She just didn't have the kind of charisma or magnetism such a role requires.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                            To quote myself.....
                            Funny thing, I am quite famous amongst my friends for doing that a lot as well....

Comment

What a big ego you must have, yes...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎