Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are still trying to make Lana look innocent!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
    But when did Lionel, on screen, hold anything over Lana's head in season six? Yes, he threatened Clark in Promise, so that Lana would not run off and leave his son with a Dear Lex letter. But after being tortured in nemesis, Lionel revealed he was working to take down Lex and protect Clark. IIRC, Lana never gave Lionel any information and she never acted liked she was threatened or scared of him.

I also disagree that Lionel proactive defense justifies her kidnapping, assault and torture of Lionel in season seven. If Lana felt she had some right to do these things, she is even more screwed up than I thought. Sadly, everyone (including Lionel and Clark) have forgiven her misadventures in violating human rights. After all, Lana must be loved, and Clark stole a car. Who is he to judge her?

Damn, I hate the writers on this show sometimes.Sadly, I agree. It is completely in character for Clark to kiss Lana's ass, to break himself down, and to hold her blameless and innocent for any and all acts she commits. It is totally in character for Clark to hand his balls over to Lana at the first opportunity. So, I was not surprised at the end of the episode, when Clark brings up stuff he did four years ago and acts like it matches the various crimes Lana has done this season.

But I was definitely disappointed.I agree with you. If everyone alwayts says how great Lana is, who is she to disagree? This is a meta issue, and a big one IMO. If AlMiles and the writers have every character say how terrific Lana is, and how she cannot be held accountable for her crimes / sins, then is it the fault of the character?

I will say it makes me dislike her more when Lana is treated like a Mary Sue, who everyone loves, is the mst beautiful woman ever, pulls new magic skills (baking! mad hackor skillz! spy!) out of her shiny black hair and can do no wrong. KK can do a lot more than she is usually allowed, and I like Lana more when she is more human. Making a character fallable is not a bad thing, which I wish Smallville realized. Greg House is an ass, Jack Sparrow is a manipulative bastard, Chuck Bartowski is an easily scared nerd - but they are all great characters. Perfect Pink Princess Lana Lang? Not so much. YMMV.
    I agree with everything here so much.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎